Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

HOW TO WIRE CITY LIGHTS ON EG6 HEADLIGHTS!!!!PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 06:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HOW TO WIRE CITY LIGHTS ON EG6 HEADLIGHTS!!!!PLEASE

hey guys i just got a set of eg6 headlights and got them put in and was wondering if anyone had the wiring to hook the city lights up on them please

thanks ppl
me
Old 05-30-2006, 06:46 PM
Darth ModerVader

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: HOW TO WIRE CITY LIGHTS ON EG6 HEADLIGHTS!!!!PLEASE (yellowjdmcrx)

The city lights should be wired into the USDM "parking light" wires. In fact, the city lights should be wired so that they replace the front parking lights, leaving the corner lamps to function only as turn signals and hazard lamps.
Old 05-30-2006, 06:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: HOW TO WIRE CITY LIGHTS ON EG6 HEADLIGHTS!!!!PLEASE (Padawan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Padawan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The city lights should be wired into the USDM "parking light" wires. In fact, the city lights should be wired so that they replace the front parking lights, leaving the corner lamps to function only as turn signals and hazard lamps. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Really?
Old 05-30-2006, 08:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HOW TO WIRE CITY LIGHTS ON EG6 HEADLIGHTS!!!!PLEASE (BlueIntegraBoy)

these headlights came out of my buddy's eg with a eg6 front clip,they did the whole thing and when he turned the city lights on his corners came on also,but the city lights where in the harness so we didnt knw what they went to. he put my stock headlights in his car so he could do hid's, which are sweet as hell. i got the headlights for free
Old 05-31-2006, 03:58 AM
Darth ModerVader

Default Re: HOW TO WIRE CITY LIGHTS ON EG6 HEADLIGHTS!!!!PLEASE (BlueIntegraBoy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BlueIntegraBoy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Really?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes, though many people never bother disconnecting the parking lights after wiring the city lights, and wind up with both illuminated.
Old 05-31-2006, 04:40 AM
HT's TOP CHEF

I thought the corner light and the city light were supposed to work together. Thats how mine are and I got them proffesionally installed. My friends also works like that.
Old 05-31-2006, 04:52 AM

Default Re: HOW TO WIRE CITY LIGHTS ON EG6 HEADLIGHTS!!!!PLEASE (Chef Andre)

On RHD cars, well where City lights were produced;

The city light should be on, when the side markers are on. And the corner light, should be used as a turn signal only.
Old 05-31-2006, 05:19 AM
Darth ModerVader

Default Re: HOW TO WIRE CITY LIGHTS ON EG6 HEADLIGHTS!!!!PLEASE (Chef Andre)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Chef Andre &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I thought the corner light and the city light were supposed to work together. Thats how mine are and I got them proffesionally installed. My friends also works like that.</TD></TR></TABLE>

On cars equipped with city lights, the corner lamps should only function as turn signals and hazards if wired to original factory specifications. Side markers should only blink with the corner lamps.
Old 05-31-2006, 06:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I just did mine yesterday. Splice into the red and black wire.
Old 05-31-2006, 03:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HOW TO WIRE CITY LIGHTS ON EG6 HEADLIGHTS!!!!PLEASE (verycleanhatch)

if u just run it into the red nad black wire the city lights will also be on while the headlights are on
Old 05-31-2006, 03:28 PM
Darth ModerVader

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by yellowjdmcrx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if u just run it into the red nad black wire the city lights will also be on while the headlights are on</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes, the city lights should remain on when the headlights are on.
Old 05-31-2006, 07:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ok,i got them hooked up and they are not bright at all, what bulbs should be in these,mine had 158 bulbs in them. anyone knw what they should be. thanks
Old 05-31-2006, 07:51 PM
Imperious: Mod of Valor

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Padawan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The city lights should be wired into the USDM "parking light" wires. In fact, the city lights should be wired so that they replace the front parking lights, leaving the corner lamps to function only as turn signals and hazard lamps. </TD></TR></TABLE>

This is how I have mine done.
Old 05-31-2006, 08:16 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by yellowjdmcrx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok,i got them hooked up and they are not bright at all, what bulbs should be in these,mine had 158 bulbs in them. anyone knw what they should be. thanks</TD></TR></TABLE>

They aren't meant to be shot outwards for better visibility.. They're meant to illuminate your headlight housing for others to see you during the night under well-lit streets where the headlights aren't needed to see. This is Japan of course but still, city lights don't shoot out.. they just illuminate the housing.
Old 05-31-2006, 08:36 PM

Default Re: HOW TO WIRE CITY LIGHTS ON EG6 HEADLIGHTS!!!!PLEASE (fms1day)

i thought u had 2 have city lights wired 2 ur ignition, so they r always on...
Old 05-31-2006, 08:41 PM
Imperious: Mod of Valor

Default Re: HOW TO WIRE CITY LIGHTS ON EG6 HEADLIGHTS!!!!PLEASE (b18cing_u)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b18cing_u &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i thought u had 2 have city lights wired 2 ur ignition, so they r always on...</TD></TR></TABLE>

If they were always on your battery would die pretty quick. Wire them like stated above and you're fine. You can wire them anyway you want to, it's preference.
Old 05-31-2006, 08:49 PM

Default Re: HOW TO WIRE CITY LIGHTS ON EG6 HEADLIGHTS!!!!PLEASE (JDM-EJ1)

yeah the city lights should be dim there like that
Old 05-31-2006, 08:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by yellowjdmcrx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if u just run it into the red nad black wire the city lights will also be on while the headlights are on</TD></TR></TABLE>

The wires from the corner lights.
Old 05-31-2006, 10:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HOW TO WIRE CITY LIGHTS ON EG6 HEADLIGHTS!!!!PLEASE (verycleanhatch)

ok thanks ppl. much appreciated.
Old 07-30-2006, 08:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Padawan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The city lights should be wired into the USDM "parking light" wires.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Easy enough. Most likely the route I will use with my city lights

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Padawan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">In fact, the city lights should be wired so that they replace the front parking lights, leaving the corner lamps to function only as turn signals and hazard lamps. </TD></TR></TABLE>

This sounds complicated for a car that did not come with side markers
Old 07-30-2006, 09:15 AM
Darth ModerVader

Default Re: HOW TO WIRE CITY LIGHTS ON EG6 HEADLIGHTS!!!!PLEASE (Hybrid93Hatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hybrid93Hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
This sounds complicated for a car that did not come with side markers </TD></TR></TABLE>

It isn't complicated at all. You simply need to disconnect the parking light (low-wattage filament) wires from the corner lamps, so that only the high-wattage turn signal / hazard lights are left.
Old 07-30-2006, 09:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HOW TO WIRE CITY LIGHTS ON EG6 HEADLIGHTS!!!!PLEASE (Hybrid93Hatch)

Ok so city lights come on with headlights only? Not with parking lights and no headlights.

They take place of the corner lights which are now used for blinkers only. The corner lights and sidemarkers are both blinkers.

Do the sidemarkers stay lit while the parking lights and/or headlights are on as well or just blinkers.

Corner lights are gay and should be used as blinkers only on any car. That is the way I have mine.

Nothing sexier than having nothing but headlights lit on a car.lol

HID's FTW!
Old 07-30-2006, 09:19 AM
Darth ModerVader

Default Re: HOW TO WIRE CITY LIGHTS ON EG6 HEADLIGHTS!!!!PLEASE (sauceja)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sauceja &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ok so city lights come on with headlights only? Not with parking lights and no headlights.

<FONT COLOR="blue">No, the city lights replace the parking lights, so anytime the headlight switch is turned to the parking or headlight position, the city lights will be illuminated.</FONT>

They take place of the corner lights which are now used for blinkers only. The corner lights and sidemarkers are both blinkers.

<FONT COLOR="blue">They essentially replace the parking lights, and yes, the corner lamps are then used only for turn signals or hazards. The corner lamps and side markers both flash as turn signals</FONT>

Do the sidemarkers stay lit while the parking lights and/or headlights are on as well or just blinkers.

<FONT COLOR="blue">No, the side markers only flash with the turn signals or hazards. They are not constantly lit.</FONT>

</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 07-30-2006, 10:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

No wonder, cuz when i got my set of jdm head and corner light the corner lights came with sockets and they only has for 2 wires going into the socket. so it made me think and the only thing i could think of was that the corners were meant for only blinkers. But In the end you can only be so much JDM but its also user prefference! First set of headlight is got were jus headlights and no corners but i went and redid the wiring on it and soldered all the wires. Like is said its more user preference and i prefer it that way. Im jus going to end up having corner, city, and sidemarkers stay on with parking light and have sidemarker and corner work as blinkers too! That'll be a day when its not too hot and i have time to go mess with my car. Peace!