Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

how to take off air vent covers on the front driver and passenger side?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2003, 05:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to take off air vent covers on the front driver and passenger side?

how to take off air vent covers on the front driver and passenger side? i need to know how to take off the vent covers from the driver and passenger side. i am looking to put strobes in the vents but dont know how to take the vent covers off. i thought that u might be able to pop them off but i cant seem to figure out how to if they do pop off. please help me...
Old 05-09-2003, 05:45 AM
overrated.

Default Re: how to take off air vent covers on the front driver and passenger side? (stillencivic)

rice is bad.
Old 05-09-2003, 06:05 AM

Default Re: how to take off air vent covers on the front driver and passenger side? (OnePointFive)

im sorry that i didnt ask for ur opinion about wut im doin. i only ******* asked on how to take the ******* vent covers off *******. now will someone please telll me how to take the covers off. i aint ask for someone to flame me so if someone will please let me know how take the covers off. it would be a great help....
Old 05-09-2003, 06:27 AM

Default Re: how to take off air vent covers on the front driver and passenger side? (stillencivic)

THey should just pop out w/ a lil bit of prying, atleast they do on my moms car "03 Civic", get a screw driver pry them out, Wouldn't hurt to try..... i'm not Toooo sure, i never had a reason to pull them out.
Old 05-09-2003, 06:42 AM
overrated.

don't get mad y0!
Old 05-09-2003, 07:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

there is no need for getting upset. people here are more insterested in function over form. that's all. if you want to put strobes in your vents, then by all means.. go ahead. but be prepared to get opinions.

you need to be more specific. do you have 92-95 civic? or 96+? if it's an EJ, you can stick a thin flathead or something like a rivet puller behind there and pluck it off. same goes for both sides. on a 92-95, the vents are connected to the gauge panel and i believe you have pluck off the hazzard button and clock to reveal screws holding it down.
Old 05-09-2003, 07:46 AM

Default Re: how to take off air vent covers on the front driver and passenger side? (mugen76)

They are held in with clips, try and pull the vents out evenly because you will have less of a chance breaking them. If you can, try and bend the clips inward slightly with your fingers so it will slide out rather than pop out.
Old 05-09-2003, 07:49 AM
93EH6

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by stillencivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">im sorry that i didnt ask for ur opinion about wut im doin. i only ******* asked on how to take the ******* vent covers off *******. now will someone please telll me how to take the covers off. i aint ask for someone to flame me so if someone will please let me know how take the covers off. it would be a great help....</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hey man don't blow up at people or no one will want to help you i learned that the hard way
Old 05-09-2003, 09:34 AM

Default Re: how to take off air vent covers on the front driver and passenger side? (93EH6)

i drive a 200 civic ex...sorry that i blew up it was because the first response that i got was a flame and if it was later on after someone helped me i could care less. i would rather get help ansd then get flamed but anyway. someone please tell me if they are held in by clips. im going to do this tonight with a friend and hook them up to a switch. i just need to know how to take the vent covers off of the actual vents. i dont want the two that are in the middle console. i just want the one that is next to the driver side door and the passenger side door. someone please let me know how i should go about taking it off..