Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

how to take the HONDA LOGO from the grill?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 07:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to take the HONDA LOGO from the grill?

my car is 00 honda civic si, i want to take the logo out of the grill and make it like a type r. but i have to take out all the bumper then i can take the logo out? or have other simple way to do that? thank you.
Old 09-05-2007, 07:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: how to take the HONDA LOGO from the grill? (inbornchief)

Ebay or JDMshit generic front grill.

Old 09-05-2007, 07:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

get a repair manual that will tell you how to get the grille off... ive never seen honda make it so you have to take the bumper off to get to the grill.... .just go on ebay and buy a "type r" grill
Old 09-05-2007, 07:28 PM

Default Re: how to take the HONDA LOGO from the grill? (95_acc0rd)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95_acc0rd &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">.just go on ebay and buy a "type r" grill</TD></TR></TABLE>

he'll have hell with that haha everything on ebay is "type r"
Old 09-05-2007, 07:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: how to take the HONDA LOGO from the grill? (97Ej6mike)

why don't you just buy a CTR grill or a Factory SI optional grill? you're never going to have a "type r" style grill with that grill because the actual framing is different for the mesh.

otherwise. and it will break.
Old 09-05-2007, 07:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: how to take the HONDA LOGO from the grill? (94c1v1cex)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 94c1v1cex &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

he'll have hell with that haha everything on ebay is "type r"</TD></TR></TABLE>

true that
Old 09-05-2007, 07:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Are you ashamed to own a Honda?

Buy a Helms manual, it has everything and you'll love me for taking my advice.

Fuck Chiltons and that sorta ****
Old 09-05-2007, 07:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: how to take the HONDA LOGO from the grill? (ke98248)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ke98248 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Are you ashamed to own a Honda?</TD></TR></TABLE>

naw dude didn't you ever hear that song!?

"If it ain't a TYPE R it ain't a TIGHT CAR!"
Old 09-05-2007, 07:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: how to take the HONDA LOGO from the grill? (forcefedferio)

Type R is gay and so are you.

Just kidding. I'd just get a new grill if you want to do that
Old 09-05-2007, 07:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

On second thought, unless your car actually has the B16B under the hood, dont touch your grill.

lol jk, do what you want, its your car.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (97Ej6mike)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 97Ej6mike &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">On second thought, unless your car actually has the B16B under the hood, dont touch your grill.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i say keep the H - it's an Si... actually i wouldn't touch anything on it.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (EK9Rider)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EK9Rider &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i say keep the H - it's an Si... actually i wouldn't touch anything on it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

except several anti-theft measures with the way things are going anymore, i get scared just leaving my hatch outside a mall or something...but boy would they be dissapointed to steal it and find out it just has a y7 in it haha
Old 09-05-2007, 08:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (forcefedferio)

oh man i was just talkin to my buddy today... my hatch is gutted the rear wiper is gone that being done the latch is gone as well so the window just opens up... my cheap anit theft.... quick release hub and 2 ratchet straps ..... cant steel the car if htey cant drive it

well i dont want to say that im sure someone will find a way
Old 09-05-2007, 10:31 PM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

If you have a stock grille on a 2000 Civic Si, you can remove the H from the grille.

From what I understand, you can simply unscrew the screws on the back of the grille. That's all that hold it onto the grille (if you have an Si).

You will have to remove the front bumper to get to the rear of the grille. You won't have to remove the grille from the bumper though.

It's really easy to remove the bumper though.

1 - Pop the hood.

2 - Use a Phillips tip screwdriver or a socket to remove the screws/bolts from the top corners of the bumper inside the wheel wells.

3 - Use a 10mm or 11mm (it seems to vary) socket to remove the two bolts on the bottom center of the bumper.

4 - Use a Phillips tip screwdriver to remove the screws on the corners underneath the bumper.

5 - Use a flathead screwdriver to lift up the clips along the top of the grille and bumper.

6 - Gently pull each side of the bumper out of the wheel wells to loosen the bumper.

7 - Stand at the front middle of the bumper and pull the entire bumper off.

* If you have foglights, you will have to unplug them behind the bumper when you are removing the bumper.

Then all you need to do is remove the screws from the back of the emblem on the back of the grille.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:59 AM
Davis Photography

wow, someone actually posted some good info. nice job actually reading the post ^.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:57 AM

Default Re: (DrewMD)

Yea isnt that something thats because some people have intteligence in this place they are the ones that continued furthering school.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (soundpsych)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by soundpsych &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yea isnt that something thats because some people have intteligence in this place they are the ones that continued furthering school.</TD></TR></TABLE>

school teaches you how to take off honda emblems...sweet, i must have missed that lecture at WyoTech.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:29 PM

its easy. google it. you dont have to entirely take off ur bumper
Old 09-06-2007, 12:34 PM
Darth ModerVader

Default Re: how to take the HONDA LOGO from the grill? (forcefedferio)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by forcefedferio &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">why don't you just buy a CTR grill or a Factory SI optional grill? you're never going to have a "type r" style grill with that grill because the actual framing is different for the mesh.</TD></TR></TABLE>

What is a "factory Si optional" grill?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NOFX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you have a stock grille on a 2000 Civic Si, you can remove the H from the grille.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Correct, and thank you for taking the time to post correct and useful information. I was able to remove the screws without taking the bumper off, though.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (NOFX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NOFX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you have a stock grille on a 2000 Civic Si, you can remove the H from the grille.

From what I understand, you can simply unscrew the screws on the back of the grille. That's all that hold it onto the grille (if you have an Si).</TD></TR></TABLE>

wow. finally someone was correct. goodjob. why is everyone saying to buy one. the grill was not an option. its stock. derr.
Old 09-06-2007, 01:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (EM1SON)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Padawan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What is a "factory Si optional" grill?</TD></TR></TABLE>

was the badgeless grill (same as CTR) not a factory option as opposed to the badged grill? I thought it was for 99-00 civics. My fault if im wrong. I just assume so because i see ton's of stock SI's driving around with badgeless grills on them and i'm pretty sure all of those owners didn't decide the only thing they would do to the car was buy a CTR grill.
Old 09-06-2007, 01:22 PM
HT White Ops

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by forcefedferio &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

was the badgeless grill (same as CTR) not a factory option as opposed to the badged grill? I thought it was for 99-00 civics. My fault if im wrong. I just assume so because i see ton's of stock SI's driving around with badgeless grills on them and i'm pretty sure all of those owners didn't decide the only thing they would do to the car was buy a CTR grill.</TD></TR></TABLE>

It's just them removing the H... nothing more.
Old 09-06-2007, 02:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Eran)

i actually went through and cut out the whole center of the grill and bondod it and sanded and sanded and sanded and saned it was a pain in the *** i thought i would save some money and do it myself but with all the time i put in to make it look good it would have been cheaper to buy one on ebay just spend $10 and get it from ebay
Old 09-06-2007, 04:27 PM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Re: (stock ek)

Thanks for all the thanks. I kind of laughed when I read all the posts before.

I dont' know about '99-'00 Civics, but I could see it being a pain in the *** to remove the grille without removing the bumper on the '96-'98s..
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by stock ek &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i actually went through and cut out the whole center of the grill and bondod it and sanded and sanded and sanded and saned it was a pain in the *** i thought i would save some money and do it myself but with all the time i put in to make it look good it would have been cheaper to buy one on ebay just spend $10 and get it from ebay</TD></TR></TABLE>
Why would you do that? Do you not even have mesh anymore?
Old 09-06-2007, 04:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (NOFX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by soundpsych &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yea isnt that something thats because some people have intteligence in this place they are the ones that continued furthering school.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, all that intelligence isn't moving too far, is it?

Quick Reply: how to take the HONDA LOGO from the grill?