Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

HOW to ship a motor???

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2003, 09:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HOW to ship a motor???

How have you guys shipped motors before? Roughly how much does a moor weigh? lsvtec from the clutch assembly to the intake manifold? Does anyone have a company to recommend in San DIego?
Old 11-14-2003, 09:18 AM
at the jetties fishin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: HOW to ship a motor??? (FusionEg6)

call around to the local freight companies and ask what they require as for engine crates and if they come pick up or not as I doubt you will have a reliable way to get it to them.

engine crates are simple. Just get a few 2x4's cut two that are about 8 inches wider than the engine is wide. they will go under and across the engine's width. Then cut four pieces that are the length of the engine and stack them 2 high on both sides of the engine on top of the crossed pieces. Then get two pieces that are 4 inches longer than the engine and sit them upright on top of the double stacks. I suggest lots of really long nails to hold it all together. This is the engine cradle. Then get some heavy duty strapping and run it from the end of one of the cross braces over the top of the engine to the other end of the cross brace and nail both ends as tight as possible. Do this several times and cross from one brace to the other a few times too. Now the engine is secured to the cradle. Then build a box around the cradle assembly with the engine in it with the remaining 2x4 pieces and you're done. Your engine is now crated.

My dad's freight company lets him ship this way and usually it's about $300 to go cross country for a ford 302 long block assembly...honda engines should be lighter so hope this helps.
Old 11-14-2003, 10:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: HOW to ship a motor??? (stackz)

This helps me a ton! I appreciate your help and thank you!