Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

How to sell my car?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2003, 08:21 PM
EJ.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to sell my car?

I have arrived at a problem with my car. I want to sell it, but my dad will not let me. It was purchased about 2 years ago when I was 15. I paid for half of my car (95 EJ) and my parents pay for the insurance (which I could easily take over). I have paid for all of the modifications to the EJ1 and feel that if I want to sell it, I should be able to. I have never had any problems with the car, but I want a GSR. His name is on the title, so there is not much I can do about it. I will take the money I have worked for now and combine it with the money I get from my car to purchase the Integra. How should I go about convincing him? Should I offer to take over insurance? Help me out. Thanks.

*sorry for wrong forum.
Old 09-01-2003, 08:32 PM

Default Re: How to sell my car? (EJ.)

I was in your shoes, I had a 92 Si my parents paid the insurance and I bought all the mods. My dad told me not to sell it just to keep it and wait a little while longer. I sold it and bought another civic and got fucked over harder than jenna. If I was back in my old shoes I would keep the car you have now, insurance will be cheaper and you will not lose money by selling/buying cars.
Old 09-01-2003, 08:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Just Drank A 5th of VODKA Dare me to drive, Ca, u.s.

the only person that can convince your dad is you, sit down with him over a or and tell him what's up!
Old 09-01-2003, 08:37 PM
EJ.

Default Re: How to sell my car? (Pho Real)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Pho Real &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I was in your shoes, I had a 92 Si my parents paid the insurance and I bought all the mods. My dad told me not to sell it just to keep it and wait a little while longer. I sold it and bought another civic and got fucked over harder than jenna. If I was back in my old shoes I would keep the car you have now, insurance will be cheaper and you will not lose money by selling/buying cars. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Atleast he let you sell yours. I don't even have a chance to get screwed over.
Old 09-02-2003, 07:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Just Drank A 5th of VODKA Dare me to drive, Ca, u.s.

you could always roll it into a canyon!
Old 09-03-2003, 10:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How to sell my car? (Chpt1onBOOST)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Chpt1onBOOST &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you could always roll it into a canyon!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Or you could just park it at my work and come out for lunch and it would be gone just like mine.

I would try and sit down and talk to your dad on why you want to sell it and what benefits you would reap by purchasing a teg. This would prob be good for you and him b/c maybe you realize things you never thought of and it may make you rethink selling your car. There is a prob a reason your dad does not want you to sell it. Believe it or not most dad's do know better and some day it may make sense to you why he did not want you to sell it. Just my 2 cents.
Old 09-03-2003, 11:45 AM

Default Re: How to sell my car? (underpressure02)

offer to pay him back for his half of the car. tell him you want to be more independent and want a car that is all yours.