Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

how to remove back interior of 97 coupe help

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 03:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to remove back interior of 97 coupe help

i have a 1997 civic coupe and i want to take out the interior in the back

(back seats, backseat side panels, back speaker cover, etc)

please help me
im in desperate need of help
i cant seem to find any diy on them
Old 09-08-2011, 05:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: how to remove back interior of 97 coupe help

to remove the back seat there is a bolt that is 10MM that is under the bottom of the rear seat if u pry near the middle of the back seat u will see it than you can just pull out the bottom than youll see the bolts for the back of the seat the thing you lean on unbolt those for the rear speaker cover there are clips in the trunk if you lay down with some pliers squeeze the clips and push them up than the thing will just pop right out for the panels all you have to do is just slide your fingers between the panel and the car and slowly pr so the clips release ill go take pics for u so u dont have to struggle
Old 09-08-2011, 05:29 PM
Master Detailer

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

For seats.

4 10mm bolts on the small side. slide that out. Take the bolt off that holds the bracket to the car. (forgot size)
remove the 2 10mm bolts on the other side of seat. Push seat towards the driver side of the car, and the pull out towards you. It will NOT pull stright out.

1 10mm bolt holding cushon to the car, remove it. Push cushon towards the rear of the car, and lift up. You should now be able to remove it.

For the side pannles, you must remove the brackets for the seats. 1 bolt each side.

Now, open the driver/pass side door. Grab the lip on the pannle that slips over the QP. Gently pull out, and towards the inside of the car, and now, slowy pull the pannle away from the QP. There are several small clips holding them on. Sometimes they can be a pain, other times they're easy. They may brake, but don't worry about it.

If you want to remove the pannel covering the speakers, again, grab the lip and pull towards you gently. Lifting up and pulling at the same time. Again there are many small clips holding it on.

To get access to the bolt holes you need to remove the carpet covering them. A interior clip puller REALLY helps when doing this. it makes it much easier.
Old 09-08-2011, 05:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Since your civic is an HX it will be similar as my integra on the 4 door all i have to do is pry the seat but in your civic im assuming its like the integra you lean the back of the seat down and move the carpet than you will see the bolt that i talked about int he first picture below

than you will have to grab needle nose pliers to remove the part of the seat you leaned down to pull out these clips one on each side

see picture below

remember there is one on each side

that how you remove the back seat

for the back speaker panel you just have to pinch these clips in your trunk should be the same as my four door there are a bunch of little white clips as in the picture as you can see next to the speaker it took me 10 minutes to remove my seats back panels and that cover in my civic took me like 10 in my integra to remove the rear seats panels and the trunk cover to get to the wiring for the brake light it is not that hard hope this helps

Last edited by Wrona; 09-08-2011 at 05:52 PM.