Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 07:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to question???

does anyone here knows how to adjust you alignment??? ej1
Old 03-29-2007, 08:00 PM

Default Re: how to question??? (slor209)

you take it to sears lol
honestly to get the best alignment you cant really do it on your own yo need a computer with lasers or something that tells you when the wheel is perfectly flat on the groun
I think not sure though
Old 03-29-2007, 08:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: how to question??? (Jhonny Ricer)

There are string methods and such. But personally i would take it somewhere to get it done perfect.
Old 03-30-2007, 08:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yea thats what i thought to but the other day i was reading in ej1club that a guy did it himself then i went looking for it i couldnt find it anymore
Old 03-30-2007, 09:35 PM

In order to do it yourself you need a camber gauge, tape measure and a long piece of metal with hooks on end or a toe gauge...

http://www.racerpartswholesale.com/align.htm
Old 03-30-2007, 09:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

heh i think i will pay the 60 to get an alignment at my local shop with a laser system rather than a long piece of wire and a gauge...
Old 03-30-2007, 10:30 PM

Default Re: (envee)

Yeah, but tools like that are great to have at the track...
Old 03-30-2007, 10:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

if you need tools like that at the track you have bigger problems than alignment. especially if you are driving down a straight road, you can just hold the wheel at the right position to make your car go straight.
Old 03-30-2007, 10:40 PM
HT White Ops

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by envee &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if you need tools like that at the track you have bigger problems than alignment. especially if you are driving down a straight road, you can just hold the wheel at the right position to make your car go straight.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You're ignorant. Tools like that are useful at the track where you may want to adjust your camber and suspension preload.

Way to make yourself look like a fool, though.
Old 03-30-2007, 10:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

um yea, i have to adjust my camber and preload at the track ALL the time. although i never have. that includes when i road race at homestead and when i drag race at bmp. don't talk down to me to make yourself feel better, or look cool. noone needs your sarcasm. i have done my own alignment before and have chosen to use a shop now, i have them set it to a certain mark for when i know im going to race and i get it changed when im done. sorry i don't want to pretty much eye ball it with some wire and a gauge. if you cant afford an alignment you shouldn't be racing. and if you knock your alignment out at the track you probably hit something and should quit anyway. thanks for you very unproductive statement kid.
Old 03-30-2007, 11:05 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by envee &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">um yea, i have to adjust my camber and preload at the track ALL the time. although i never have. that includes when i road race at homestead and when i drag race at bmp. don't talk down to me to make yourself feel better, or look cool. noone needs your sarcasm. i have done my own alignment before and have chosen to use a shop now, i have them set it to a certain mark for when i know im going to race and i get it changed when im done. sorry i don't want to pretty much eye ball it with some wire and a gauge. if you cant afford an alignment you shouldn't be racing. and if you knock your alignment out at the track you probably hit something and should quit anyway. thanks for you very unproductive statement kid.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hey ASSHAT id much rather be able to do my own alignment than have some apes down at STS charge me 70 dollars thats 70 dollars closer top my K series

Damn w<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by envee &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if you need tools like that at the track you have bigger problems than alignment. especially if you are driving down a straight road, you can just hold the wheel at the right position to make your car go straight.</TD></TR></TABLE>

last time i checked id be bringing tools with me to adjust and if you dont bring them how are YOU doing your alignment at the track??
Old 03-30-2007, 11:26 PM
HT White Ops

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by envee &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">um yea, i have to adjust my camber and preload at the track ALL the time. although i never have. that includes when i road race at homestead and when i drag race at bmp. don't talk down to me to make yourself feel better, or look cool. noone needs your sarcasm. i have done my own alignment before and have chosen to use a shop now, i have them set it to a certain mark for when i know im going to race and i get it changed when im done. sorry i don't want to pretty much eye ball it with some wire and a gauge. if you cant afford an alignment you shouldn't be racing. and if you knock your alignment out at the track you probably hit something and should quit anyway. thanks for you very unproductive statement kid.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You don't get it. It's not about KNOCKING your alignment out. It's about blowing axles because you're putting down too much power and replacing it between runs. It's about changing camber and thus changing the geometry of your suspension. It's about things you don't do and don't know how to do.

People don't track-align their car because they hit a curb, they do it because they had to change something.