Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

how to prevent Tow hooks from being stolen?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 06:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to prevent Tow hooks from being stolen?

I searched, cant find anything. Is there any special bolts? so theives have a hard time stealing it. I dont want to take them off everytime i park. If you know any kinds of bolts with a key or w.e, pictures would be great, or if theres another fourm please send me a link, thanks
Old 12-07-2007, 07:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Weld them on and still put the bolts in so they have to take the bolts out. They will think they can get them but once all the bolts are out the will be like DAMN this is welded. while they are still ******* around with them come up behind and smash them in the head with a rock.
Old 12-07-2007, 07:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Colby71)

if i were a theif and that happened i would take it out on the car then leave. what size are the bolts?
Old 12-07-2007, 07:12 PM

Yeah i say weld that bitch on....lolz
Old 12-07-2007, 07:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: (black0hatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by black0hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if i were a theif and that happened i would take it out on the car then leave.</TD></TR></TABLE>

x2. They would be pissed and break your sh*t.
Old 12-07-2007, 07:17 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: (JDM_King)

simple. just add 2 tacks on each side to make 4 itll be hard to break but you can cut it so you can remove it one day...........if you seam it you're ******* screwed LOL

just like any other fillet, 45 degree angle and right in the center even on both sides
Old 12-07-2007, 07:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well the trick is to get them on the head with the rock befor they get a chance to take it out on the car.
Old 12-07-2007, 07:21 PM

snt u some info to your PM..
Old 12-07-2007, 07:22 PM

Default Re: (Colby71)

lolz
Old 12-07-2007, 07:30 PM
Ek Forever y0!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: (JDM_King)

Loctite

/thread
Old 12-07-2007, 07:34 PM
Go Tigers!

Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts

or how about don't use them.
Old 12-07-2007, 07:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Bense)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bense &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">or how about don't use them.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i was just gonna say that
Old 12-07-2007, 07:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (VRD^sam)

engrave something unique on it.
Old 12-07-2007, 08:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Rikaro)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Rikaro &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">engrave something unique on it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

How will that prevent them from being stolen?
Old 12-07-2007, 08:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bense &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">or how about don't use them.</TD></TR></TABLE>

DING DING DING DING

tow hooks are for racecars, not street cars
Old 12-07-2007, 08:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

or MAYBE install it when you need it?
Old 12-07-2007, 08:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Keep your car stored? Unless of course it is your DD then, you are fucked, haha.
Old 12-07-2007, 09:02 PM
GO GIANTS!

Or just put them on when you honestly need them?
Old 12-07-2007, 09:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (KevinBrownII)

no i dont garage it, i just want it for people that cant park and for looks
Old 12-07-2007, 09:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Project.Jdm)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Project.Jdm &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">no i dont garage it, i just want it for people that cant park and for looks</TD></TR></TABLE>

for being a ricer.
Old 12-07-2007, 09:19 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: (andoxviii)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by andoxviii &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> for being a ricer.</TD></TR></TABLE>

hey! he's not a ricer............... i swapped my k24 in my civic because i liked the way it looked in my engine bay XD
Old 12-07-2007, 09:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ek forever guy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Loctite

/thread</TD></TR></TABLE>

Uhh, that just keeps it from slipping out, you can still get it out with a regular ratchet...

My words exactly.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Project.Jdm &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I searched, cant find anything. Is there any special bolts? so theives have a hard time stealing it. I dont want to take them off everytime i park. If you know any kinds of bolts with a key or w.e, pictures would be great, or if theres another fourm please send me a link, thanks </TD></TR></TABLE>

Weld the nut to the bolt.
Old 12-07-2007, 09:33 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: (Syndacate)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Weld the nut to the bolt.</TD></TR></TABLE>

bad idea, creates a weak weld and not worth the effort......its easier to weld the hook to the car since its bigger, flatter and creates a perfect spot for a fillet unlike a thrreaded bolt, which are usally heat treated or just small and you dont want molten metal splashing around while you're welding overhead under the car!
Old 12-07-2007, 10:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: (civic.slow)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civic.slow &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

bad idea, creates a weak weld and not worth the effort......its easier to weld the hook to the car since its bigger, flatter and creates a perfect spot for a fillet unlike a thrreaded bolt, which are usally heat treated or just small and you dont want molten metal splashing around while you're welding overhead under the car! </TD></TR></TABLE>

A) the chassis steel is thin enough to tear if you really try, or melt though if you're not careful, such the case that B) you can't weld, which manifests in the former as well as molten metal splashing around.

This is for theft prevention. You weld the nut (or bolt head) to the tow hook itself, enough where it has to be ground down before removal is possible. Its easier to replace a tow hook if you grind too much or rip a weld than to replace the chassis metal...
Old 12-07-2007, 10:29 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: (HiProfile)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HiProfile &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">A) the chassis steel is thin enough to tear if you really try, or melt though if you're not careful, such the case that B) you can't weld, which manifests in the former as well as molten metal splashing around.

This is for theft prevention. You weld the nut (or bolt head) to the tow hook itself, enough where it has to be ground down before removal is possible. Its easier to replace a tow hook if you grind too much or rip a weld than to replace the chassis metal...</TD></TR></TABLE>

not what i said, i said weld the TOW hook to the car..........not the floor pan, weld the stock tow hook to the new tow hook,

syndicate saud to weld the nut to the bolt which is hard. you need to weld the head of the bolt to the tow hook and nut to the tow hook as well as making a fillet on the oem tow hook and the after market tow hook to make it complete which iw what i am suggesting

i dont know where you got tack the ****** to the bumper or trunk floor pan as you canot reach it from there

you cannot reach ANY sheet metal from the tow hook inless you want o weld a tiny bar to it but why the expletive?

the after market tow hooks just bolt to the OEM tow hook

Quick Reply: how to prevent Tow hooks from being stolen?