Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

How much faster is the Civic Type R over the GSR. Which would u choose.

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 03:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much faster is the Civic Type R over the GSR. Which would u choose.

I have a 92 hatch, and I plan on either buying a GSR swap with LSD or CTR swap, I know the CTR is faster, but has anyone seen a race between a CTR and GSR civic. Were the drivers about even, The reason I am debaiting between the two is because the CTR has the same torque as a B16a and thats what I had before and I hated how slow it took off at low RPM's, you really dont get the power until VTEC. While a GSR has more torque giving the jump off of the line and the top end power. Does the CTR launch like a B16a and then have major pull with its 195 hp. How many cars will a CTR beat a GSR by. Or what are the 1/4 mile times. In your opinion is it worth the extra $800 for a CTR. I can afford the GSR with money to spare. And I can afford the CTR, but barely.
Old 08-18-2006, 03:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How much faster is the Civic Type R over the GSR. Which would u choose. (streetracerof06)

let the flames begin.

I can't, nor would i retain that much info to answer your question about racing.

But, if i had a choice between the two I would go with the Gsr, bore the TB and Intake manifold, chip your ecu and splurge on some ITR cams.
Old 08-18-2006, 03:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How much faster is the Civic Type R over the GSR. Which would u choose. (streetracerof06)

gsr and with the money u got to spare..= itr oil pump. new water pump timing belt. aftermarket intake manilfold.. new clutch... new flywheel. new axles.. and replace all the seals..
Old 08-18-2006, 03:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

in racing torque means nothing.....its not that important if you have a substantially higher power band stock for stock the b18c will probly be a little bit slower...btu not much..but when you start adding cams and such the CTR will be easier to make faster cause of the high comp pistons already installed...the bottom end is balanced and lightened its a great platform...second best if you have the money and dont want any downtime...the best would be the ITR motor.
Old 08-18-2006, 03:58 PM
grammer nawzi

Default Re: How much faster is the Civic Type R over the GSR. Which would u choose. (JCracer723)

Why don't you just keep the B16a2 you have in your car right now?
Proof of that statement: http://profile.myspace.com/ind...26089

Let me guess, you are lying on your myspace to make a ton of friends. Am I right? ******* e-racer
Old 08-18-2006, 04:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How much faster is the Civic Type R over the GSR. Which would u choose. (sicky)

burn.....
Old 08-18-2006, 04:18 PM

Default Re: How much faster is the Civic Type R over the GSR. Which would u choose. (dohcVTECeg2)

If I could buy an ITR swap I would, but I can barely afford the CTR. As for the B16a2 swap I traded it for a car and resold the car for $3200, that is part of the money I am using to buy my other swap with. And that myspace bull **** I made I dont know how long ago, my friends had a page so I decide to make one and after a week I got bored of it and havent been to the site since.I dont even remember my password.
Old 08-18-2006, 04:19 PM

"'92 Honda Civic hatchback w/ GSR swap and Integra dash. "

uhm bro. if you have this already, then why are you asking about it???
i think a ******* e-racer is exactly what you are!
Old 08-18-2006, 04:20 PM

hey sickey, is that your car in the avater or did you steal it from some where, even if it is yours its pretty riced out, black wheels on a red car, everyone does that, and the body kit, ****. Its probably all show and no go anyway.
Old 08-18-2006, 04:21 PM

I put that when I was for sure that I wanted the GSR swap but I have thought about the CTR. I am getting one of the swaps Monday.
Old 08-18-2006, 04:26 PM

yo FastAzzCivic, if you dont believe me, meet me at stateline one weekend, I see you are from Louisiana.
Old 08-18-2006, 04:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

GSR swap hands down.
Old 08-18-2006, 04:41 PM

Default Re: How much faster is the Civic Type R over the GSR. Which would u choose. (cambopheonix56)

yeh im in Louisiana.
but i dont feel like drivin to the state line just to see some wack car.
Old 08-18-2006, 04:52 PM

worst thread ever... your myspace makes me laugh. on a scale from 1-10, 10 being the "most important", you still suck
Old 08-18-2006, 04:54 PM
grammer nawzi

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by streetracerof06 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hey sicky, is that your car in the avatar or did you steal it from some where, even if it is yours it's pretty riced out, black wheels on a red car, everyone does that, and the body kit, ****. It'sprobably all show and no go anyway.</TD></TR></TABLE> fixed some things

Yes that is my car. Not all show, sorry there. There is no body kit on the car in that pic, the wheels are not black, the car is not red (custom mixture)and you suck at life. Do everyone a favor and
1. Clean sand out of your vagina
2. Stop e-Racing
3. Don't make up threads and stories about cars, it's not cool.

As I have stated in many threads, STOP LYING ON THE INTERNET AND SWELLING YOUR E-*****, no one gives a ****.
Old 08-18-2006, 05:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For the price that you can get a CTR, you can get a GSR, reinforce the internals, turbocharge it, and give it a good tune. Yes, I'm serious.

You can throw down like 300whp with that setup or like 250 or whatever as a daily driver, the CTR is built to be a naturally aspired motor, very high compression, not neccessarily good for turbocharging. I'd go with the GSR, port & polish the TB and mani (or put an ITR on there), with ITR camshafts. Then if you really wanna shine it on 'em, turbocharge that after reinforcing the rods/pistons/head bolts, you can throw down 300whp easy w/ basic I/H/E.

As far as a stock CTR vs a stock GSR.

I've seen the race...for all tenths and purposes, I mean, I'm not accounting for differences in the exhausts, but both had name brand I/H/E, both were in hatches, they had 3 races.

What I got out of watching it was this: The GSR jumped ahead of the CTR off the line, and held about 3/4 - 1.5 cars on the CTR until maybe 30mph, the CTR pulled up on the GSR at the end of 1st, about even into the shift for 2nd, then after 2nd shift the CTR pulled on the GSR. That's what it seemed like every single race.

I personally would go with the GSR.

GSR/Turbo can take a CTR anyday (for the same price too).

Also, the GSR's got more upgrade capabilities both N/A and FI, like ITR cams and such.
Old 08-18-2006, 05:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How much faster is the Civic Type R over the GSR. Which would u choose. (sicky)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sicky &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> fixed some things

Yes that is my car. Not all show, sorry there. There is no body kit on the car in that pic, the wheels are not black, the car is not red (custom mixture)and you suck at life. Do everyone a favor and
1. Clean sand out of your vagina
2. Stop e-Racing
3. Don't make up threads and stories about cars, it's not cool.

As I have stated in many threads, STOP LYING ON THE INTERNET AND SWELLING YOUR E-*****, no one gives a ****.</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's my vote

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by streetracerof06 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yo FastAzzCivic, if you dont believe me, meet me at stateline one weekend, I see you are from Louisiana.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Almost be worth the drive to see "Hot Ricer Nights 06 at stateline starring Streetracer06"

Modified by Carbonciv at 6:24 PM 8/18/2006
Old 08-18-2006, 05:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Get the B16b.

It's a type R.......................
Old 08-18-2006, 05:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Carbonciv &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

That's my vote

Almost be worth the drive to see "Hot Ricer Nights 06 at stateline starring Streetracer06"

Modified by Carbonciv at 6:24 PM 8/18/2006</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'll race ya there, streetracerof06...

I usually don't do this..but I'm in the mood for a good import vs domestic race...

Got this little toy my boss let's me borrow...real POS compared to a honda civic, it's a DODGE, who knew right? Anyways, I'll meet you and race your GSR, GSR turbo, CTR, or any other combination...

Supercharged Hennessy Viper &gt; CTR or GSR/Turbo Anyday...

Now, some may ask...why am I getting involved at all....the answer is pretty simple, STOP TRASH TALKING ONLINE!!

Just stop, it's not worth it, you'll never see any of those pple...though if you think ur bad *** 1.6L 4cyl CTR can take an super charged 8.0L V10 I live in NY O.o

I'm really not trying to "set up a race" but if you want to that's fine...I'll let you even have the upper hand, I'll take his Viper SRT-10 Ram instead...if he lets me :-P....c'mon, ya gonna loose to a pickup truck? Domestic too!!

Like I said, I'm not tryin to start **** evne though it should definately seem that way, I'm only trying to proove a point. There's no use in trash talking online, one of those "flame" pictures says "arguing over the internet is like competing in the special olympics...even if you win you're still retarded." No need to start fights with everybody.
Old 08-18-2006, 07:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

exactly bang for the buck a gsr is the best but if you had money and just wanted to go out and race and not pull the motor back out again a ctr or itr would be the best being that those already have choice internals which would never need to be changed all you would need to do is add stg 3 cams up the compression a little more put a better intake/exhaust manifold tune the motor and you'd easily be doing 13's on street tires.
Old 08-18-2006, 07:10 PM

Default Re: (tempsohc)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tempsohc &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">exactly bang for the buck a gsr is the best but if you had money and just wanted to go out and race and not pull the motor back out again a ctr or itr would be the best being that those already have choice internals which would never need to be changed all you would need to do is add stg 3 cams up the compression a little more put a better intake/exhaust manifold tune the motor and you'd easily be doing 13's on street tires.</TD></TR></TABLE>

longest sentence ever
Old 08-18-2006, 07:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (thahuhstunna)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by thahuhstunna &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

longest sentence ever</TD></TR></TABLE>

thanks for the correction smart guy
Old 08-18-2006, 07:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

[QUOTE=sicky]Why don't you just keep the B16a2 you have in your car right now?
Proof of that statement: http://profile.myspace.com/ind...26089

Let me guess, you are lying on your myspace to make a ton of friends. Am I right? ******* e-racer[/QUOTE

thats a burn for the records