Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

how much did it cost you to repaint your EG hatch?

Old 06-04-2019, 07:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default how much did it cost you to repaint your EG hatch?

The original paint is white...i want to repaint it white again. Just wondering the cost of repaint.
Old 06-04-2019, 09:01 PM
Intelligently Stupid

Default Re: how much did it cost you to repaint your EG hatch?

You should call around and get quotes. The higher the quote, usually the more thorough the paint job but that isn't always true.

I can tell you a bare metal paint job is the most expensive but is probably one of the most thorough paint jobs.
Old 06-05-2019, 11:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hard to judge...and it depends on a lot of factors.

How much work does the body need? What condition is the existing paint in? What type of finish are you wanting? What type of paint (single/2-step)? What brand of paint do you want to use or your shop uses? (For instance, I just did my entire hatch inside and outside of my 92 SI using PPG Deltron...the paint and clear materials alone were $1000 - understand that this is the best of the best in terms of automotive paints).

As the previous poster mentioned, go get a shop to give you a quote. Places like MAACO will slap a cheap single-stage coat on for probably less than $500, but you may regret that.
Old 06-05-2019, 12:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

factor in lots of things to get a price quote....
Old 06-05-2019, 01:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

This is a really BROAD question OP... and factoring in all of the possible variables cannot be effectively addressed here. You have to carry the car to multiple shops, explain EXACTLY what you want done, and get their quote. Then, pick the one that makes you feel the most comfortable... and hopefully, fits your budget... or is close.

If I can offer any advice from years of experience in getting cars painted... I am the kind of guy who likes to negotiate for a better deal, and EVERY time I have done this on a paint job, when I go to pick up the car after the painter is done, and there is some minor issue... their answer is always the same: "I gave you a deal, what do you expect ?!?" So, on my last paint job... I decided to shut up and accept the price given. No beating them up on price. I am super happy with that paint job.

Good luck.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: