Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

How much is this car worth?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2005, 08:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much is this car worth?

1999 Honda Civic ex. 168,000 Miles on it. Pretty much stock. Has body damage to the drivers side rear quarter panel and slightly pushed up hood.

The deal- I hear that most of the time your word isn't good for it when your trying to sell cars but hears my deal. I heard about this car from a church freind of mine, i was looking into getting a car and didn't really know much about cars at all. My church freind told me his pastor has a 1999 honda civic ex that he is just trying to sell so i got it .

The month after i got it, a drunk driver hit me and drove away. Talked to my insuarance company, and since they didnt catch the guy (had a police report) they said that i would pay the deductable of 700 bucks, and my insurance would go up about 600 bucks on each car on the policy. Having 3 cars on the policy it would be cheaper to go through it all myself. Have gotten estimates of 1,000 for the damage to the side but haven't gotten it fixed due to the hefty cost. It has high mileage because the previous owner commuted via NJ garden state parkway every day to and from work. Only has about 15,000 miles on it from me since having it which have been just as easy as the pastor. Decided that i wanted to get a freinds hatch and that i would just sell the coupe. Kelly blue book value for hte car ( in good condition, which it is minus the body damage) is 5,380. Now i've heard that i shouldn't trust that? Well i thought taking 1,000 bucks or even settle for 4,000 bucks would do it. Put it in the honda tech board but haven't gotten any replies. Do you think that this car is worth 4,000 ? if so what would be the best way to sell it (newpapers, autotrader book, etc)?

Car has:
NGK plugs and wires
AEM cold air intake
B&M short shifter
Weighted shift ****
Alpine type S 250 watt 6x9's
Kenwood 50x4 mp3/cd/wma head unit
Dual brand 480 watt amp
Two Dual brand 550 watt Subs in a nice glass/aluminum bandpass box
Rockford 8 gauge wires
Old 02-01-2005, 08:37 AM
IVI
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: How much is this car worth? (matt7277)

i wouldnt pay 4,000 for that, it looks all beat up.

what happend to the hood?

whats wrong with the LF tire?

Old 02-01-2005, 08:44 AM

Default Re: How much is this car worth? (IVI)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by IVI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i wouldnt pay 4,000 for that, it looks all beat up.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

And this is what i'm trying to get at with the car, yea it looks beat up. but do you think it would be better to put the 1,00 bucks into the car, and then try to sell it for 5,000?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by IVI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
whats wrong with the LF tire?

</TD></TR></TABLE>

What are you talking about the LF tire? Thers nothing wrong with any of the wheels, except the back left rim got a lil scuffed during the accident. Selling those though.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by IVI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
what happend to the hood?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

A lil fender bender, figured it would be like 300 to fix that right? Just bent the hood a lil. I did get insurance money from that acciden though. Have 1,200 bucks coming in the mail from it. Turns out some ghettoo shoop thought it would be insane to fix, they were trying to screw me. But ll other body shops said really cheap
Old 02-01-2005, 08:48 AM
F*CK THIEVES!

yea..put it for sale for 5000
Old 02-01-2005, 08:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

That cars not worth $4,000 or $5,000 fixed. Those blue book values really don't apply to cars that have been in accidents. The most you'll probably get with that mileage is $3,000 maybe $3,500 with your vehicle history.
Old 02-01-2005, 08:52 AM

Default Re: How much is this car worth? (hasback_00)

you saying to get the quarter panel fixed and then try to sell it for 5,000 ? had some freinds telling me that id get like 3,000 even if it was in good condition just cause it had high miles... fcking kids these days
Old 02-01-2005, 08:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

good luck gettin $3000 for it...$2000 is a realistic number
Old 02-01-2005, 08:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Your friend is right....
Old 02-01-2005, 09:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How much is this car worth? (Del Sizzle)

yea, thats alot of damage. you're probably looking at 3k ...but that still might be too much for most ppl. who knows tho..there are ppl out there that are suckers.
Old 02-01-2005, 09:03 AM

Default Re: How much is this car worth? (Del Sizzle)

If it were fixed up, I could see paying 3500 for it.
Old 02-01-2005, 09:05 AM

Default Re: How much is this car worth? (Aphelion)

That is, keeping in mind that it has a new stereo/speakers/subs.
Old 02-01-2005, 09:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How much is this car worth? (WongFeihung)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hasback_00 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yea..put it for sale for 5000</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Aphelion &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If it were fixed up, I could see paying 3500 for it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMisGOOD &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">good luck gettin $3000 for it...$2000 is a realistic number</TD></TR></TABLE>

Sheez, either give it to me, or fix it and sell it for $5000. It hasn't been totaled (what did your insuarance company say), and it hasnt had water damage has it? If not, then Blue Book values still apply. If the title isnt rebuilt, or salvaged, then all is well (in the state of Kentucky, at least).
Old 02-01-2005, 09:12 AM
IVI
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by matt7277 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
What are you talking about the LF tire? Thers nothing wrong with any of the wheels, except the back left rim got a lil scuffed during the accident. Selling those though.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

it looks a little tilted inward.
Old 02-01-2005, 09:18 AM

Default Re: How much is this car worth? (EH3Civic)

To be honest id prolly pay like 2k. but thats pushing it. it looks so beat to **** that i wouldnt even call about the car if i saw the ad price of 4k. just my .02
Old 02-01-2005, 09:29 AM
IVI
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by matt7277 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

And this is what i'm trying to get at with the car, yea it looks beat up. but do you think it would be better to put the 1,00 bucks into the car, and then try to sell it for 5,000?

A lil fender bender, figured it would be like 300 to fix that right? Just bent the hood a lil. I did get insurance money from that acciden though. Have 1,200 bucks coming in the mail from it. Turns out some ghettoo shoop thought it would be insane to fix, they were trying to screw me. But ll other body shops said really cheap</TD></TR></TABLE>

yah i think itd be worth to get it repaired then sell it.

that doesnt look like a fender bender in the front. what exactly is gonna cost 300 to fix in the front? the hood looks open, and the only dent i see is on the front near the passenger side.
Old 02-01-2005, 03:02 PM

Default Re: How much is this car worth? (EH3Civic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EH3Civic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
fix it and sell it for $5000.</TD></TR></TABLE>
I think i'm going to have this local body work guy fix it up. Think i could get KBB still?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by IVI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> what exactly is gonna cost 300 to fix in the front? the hood looks open, and the only dent i see is on the front near the passenger side.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well i dont know my body work **** but i'm just saying i dont think it would be much because there really isn't anything wrong with the front end. it a lil scuffed up. and the hood just looks like its open. Lil dent in the top of the hood too.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Rainman13 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">To be honest id prolly pay like 2k. but thats pushing it. it looks so beat to **** that i wouldnt even call about the car if i saw the ad price of 4k. just my .02</TD></TR></TABLE>

The car isn't beat to ****. That means that like i beat on it, just got hit by a drunk driver that drove away and screwed me over. And if the most expensive body damage qoute was 1,800. and the kbb is 5,400. how the heck is it only work 2? thats bullshit

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Del Sizzle &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That cars not worth $4,000 or $5,000 fixed. Those blue book values really don't apply to cars that have been in accidents. The most you'll probably get with that mileage is $3,000 maybe $3,500 with your vehicle history.</TD></TR></TABLE>

The damage to the car was stricktly body damage. Body shop qoutes and police report can verify that. So why would it make a difference if it was fixed

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Aphelion &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If it were fixed up, I could see paying 3500 for it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

KBB is 5,400 for it in good condition. So why only 3500

Old 02-01-2005, 03:05 PM

wow lots of miles for a 99, i have that much on my 94. I personally wouldn't pay more than 1500 for that. but max prolly around 2k. Go to http://www.kbb.com and figure it out.
Old 02-01-2005, 03:11 PM

because it will have been in an accident, reguarless of frame damage, you are going to have a new quarter pannel.. Its like my car, new hood, and dents, and new windows, all because of a drunk and sledge hammer... but I guarantee my car is worth less now... even though it will come back to me looking better than before..

Its like the insurance company, even if you got in a no points accident/ticket, your rate goes up, just because it happened...

In any case, Dont... I repeat... DONT add price because of audio equipment.. aftermarket audio, does nothing for price, except sometimes bring the value down... The only way that will help you is if you sell it to someone who thinks thats the important part of a car, who will overlook the rest. IE, young kid or someone of the like. Dealers will drop you trade in for that... Which is why I keep all my stock equipment, seats, speakers, etc...

BTW, im gonna be looking for SI rims or some rotas... this summer, if you are still selling those, and they are in fact in great working order, perhaps we can talk then.
Old 02-01-2005, 03:19 PM

Default Re: How much is this car worth? (civiccpedx)

yes KBB is $5400 in GOOD condition.. which your car isnt, thats considered poor or fair.
Old 02-01-2005, 03:27 PM

The car isn't beat to ****. That means that like i beat on it, just got hit by a drunk driver that drove away and screwed me over. And if the most expensive body damage qoute was 1,800. and the kbb is 5,400. how the heck is it only work 2? thats bullshit </TD></TR></TABLE>

Chill out. You asked for peoples opinions. I would probably pay around 3500-4g's with it fixed cause that is a shitload of miles for being that young of a car.
Old 02-01-2005, 03:30 PM

Default Re: How much is this car worth? (gobblebox59)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gobblebox59 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yes KBB is $5400 in GOOD condition.. which your car isnt, thats considered poor or fair. </TD></TR></TABLE>

yep, since its been in an accident and has hella miles, I wouldnt pay more than $2000 for it. And fixing the big dent is not like replacing a front fender. So a little work is involved. But if you fix it up and try to sell it I dont think you'll get the price your looking for considering its high mileage. So its really up to you. Personally I would fix it up and keep and put it up for sale til someone buys it. You might not get the price you're looking for but you'll get a better price with it fixed.
Old 02-01-2005, 03:33 PM

Default Re: How much is this car worth? (gobblebox59)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gobblebox59 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yes KBB is $5400 in GOOD condition.. which your car isnt, thats considered poor or fair. </TD></TR></TABLE>

if i fixed all the body damage. it would cost like 1,500 bucks max from the places im looking at. Subtract that from the cost of the KBB value, roughly 4 grand. If i fixed it all. KBB value would still apply right
Old 02-01-2005, 03:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

if i fixed all the body damage. it would cost like 1,500 bucks max from the places im looking at. Subtract that from the cost of the KBB value, roughly 4 grand. If i fixed it all. KBB value would still apply right</TD></TR></TABLE>
Do the work yourself it dose not look that bad. or you could just part it out, and srap the frame.
Old 02-01-2005, 03:52 PM

I dont see KBB applying ever to that car again for good condition until the bent parts, since they are creased... were either completely replaced, or, that quarter panel would be cut where all the damage is, and sealed and mated with a new half or as it looks almost completely new stock peice.. this is not a job it sounds like you are anywhere near capable of, and needs to be done by a GOOD shop not to rust out and become crap soon... therefore.. Im seeing more than 1500 in damage, just from looking at my bills on on my car, and knowing you need a few quarter.. that thing is creased and rusted already.

EDit: besides the hood apearing to have a dent/crease as well, it seems your driver side door took some flack and was bent some as well on the edge.
Old 02-01-2005, 04:17 PM

Default Re: How much is this car worth? (CooBlueDAB)

not planning on doing it myself

Quick Reply: How much is this car worth?