Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

How many of you park in the street at night?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2003, 08:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How many of you park in the street at night?

I've been thinking about how much it sucks that I have to park my car in the street at night. I've had two cars stolen from my house while I was sleeping and I'm worried the same might happen to the third. I've made my car VERY hard/impossible to drive, if it was attempted to be stolen. Is there anything I can do to make it harder to move? I was thinking about cutting off the tow hooks, and maybe welding on new ones in a place that would still work, but you wouldnt know to look for. I usually park with my wheels turned all the way into and against a curb, and the steering column locked. I'm getting to the point where I am afraid to get a job because of the parking situation, afraid to buy anything for my car, etc etc.
Old 05-06-2003, 08:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How many of you park in the street at night? (743)

If you live in that much fear of your car getting stolen, make sure your insurance covers everything you've put into it and attempt to sleep at night. Or sell it, its a car, nothing is worth spending all your time worrying about.
Old 05-06-2003, 09:01 PM
LHC

is it really that bad where you live?????!!!!!! Dood i feel so sorry for you...i dont even want to tell you how dif. is here in Oz with 's 'cose you might hate me...good luck and yes at the moment i park in the street 'cose my garage is full (three cars) until my bro takes his car interstate
Old 05-06-2003, 09:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How many of you park in the street at night? (splitime)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by splitime &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Or sell it, its a car, nothing is worth spending all your time worrying about.</TD></TR></TABLE>

very true.

are car thefts really that bad? i haven't been to the east coast in a while(8 years) ever since i moved, and i don't remember it being that bad where i lived. NYC. maybe i just didn't notice.

The insurance idea sounds good, probably your only choice. not much you can do, if they want your car, they're gonna get it.

Old 05-06-2003, 09:23 PM

Default Re: How many of you park in the street at night? (tominos)

It's pretty bad around here, theres a honda or acura stolen in the police blotter in the newspaper everyday. I basically screwed myself out of 4000 when my last car was stolen since I didnt report any of the mods to my insurance, so all I could afford that was decent was another civic. I'm going to insure an extra 5k or so on this car, but I wanted to see if there was anything I could actually do to the car that would help.
Old 05-06-2003, 09:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

if theft is really that bad, then why do you still mod it? if you know you have a pretty good chance of getting stolen, then why bother? if i was in your spot, i'd just save the money from the mods and buy a nicer car instead, like an rsx or something, and just keep it close to stock.
Old 05-06-2003, 09:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How many of you park in the street at night? (civicdxtyper)

put autolock on your clutch, your brakes, your gas and your e brake.
Old 05-06-2003, 09:54 PM

Default Re: How many of you park in the street at night? (civicdxtyper)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civicdxtyper &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if theft is really that bad, then why do you still mod it? if you know you have a pretty good chance of getting stolen, then why bother? if i was in your spot, i'd just save the money from the mods and buy a nicer car instead, like an rsx or something, and just keep it close to stock.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I already said that all I could afford to buy was another cheap civic since I lost my job when my car got stolen. Besides, there are few if any new cars that I would see as a worthy replacement for my car. If the ep3r ever makes it to the us, I will be first in line to buy it, but until than I'm stuck with this as my only car.
Old 05-06-2003, 09:57 PM

Default Re: How many of you park in the street at night? (WongFeihung)

dude....autolock is coo..use it on your clutch

then ...wire up a kill switch on your fuel pump and hide the switch under your seat or somethin ...
Old 05-06-2003, 09:58 PM

i park my car in my drive way...the only time i worry about getting my car is when im at the mall or something....even though my car would be pretty hard to steal...not impossible but hard.
Old 05-06-2003, 10:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How many of you park in the street at night? (super-dooper fast)

I park my car on the street at night but I live where a bunch of old peeps live so there isn't much theft
Old 05-06-2003, 10:03 PM

Default Re: How many of you park in the street at night? (super-dooper fast)

****, I live just like you, i was jacked for my system and they tryed to get the car, thanks kill switch, but i have done so much **** to the car, it's going to be a bitch to steal

Alarm with a Pager 1/2 Mile Range so nice, I don't know what i would do if i caught someone stealing my car, call the cops, i wouldn't want to get shot or nothing, but i would love to beat the **** out of them
I got all the extras on the alarm, people who have crappy alarms get a miontion sensor and a window sensor, and full cut off and a embolizer (spelling?)
You can never have 2 many kill switch and remove your valet switch.
Twin Hook Club
2 Autolockers (One for Gas and Brake i got a automatic )
Lowjack
GPS Lockater On the Car, (One of a Kind, only a few people have it, it has a 50 mil range, it's kinda like lowjack, but i have the monitor in my room, it's so bad ***, i got it from my firend from his car audio shop, they welded the tracker on the inside of the car's fram, u anit finding the thing.

I say if u see a car theift, just kill em,

kill them all, and let god sort them out

**** car theifts.
Old 05-06-2003, 10:35 PM

Default Re: How many of you park in the street at night? (WongFeihung)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by WongFeihung &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">put autolock on your clutch, your brakes, your gas and your e brake. </TD></TR></TABLE>

its use less when they can tow your car
Old 05-06-2003, 10:39 PM

Default Re: How many of you park in the street at night? (Quad-Damge)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Quad-Damge &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">****, I live just like you, i was jacked for my system and they tryed to get the car, thanks kill switch, but i have done so much **** to the car, it's going to be a bitch to steal

Alarm with a Pager 1/2 Mile Range so nice, I don't know what i would do if i caught someone stealing my car, call the cops, i wouldn't want to get shot or nothing, but i would love to beat the **** out of them
I got all the extras on the alarm, people who have crappy alarms get a miontion sensor and a window sensor, and full cut off and a embolizer (spelling?)
You can never have 2 many kill switch and remove your valet switch.
Twin Hook Club
2 Autolockers (One for Gas and Brake i got a automatic )
Lowjack
GPS Lockater On the Car, (One of a Kind, only a few people have it, it has a 50 mil range, it's kinda like lowjack, but i have the monitor in my room, it's so bad ***, i got it from my firend from his car audio shop, they welded the tracker on the inside of the car's fram, u anit finding the thing.

I say if u see a car theift, just kill em,

kill them all, and let god sort them out

**** car theifts.</TD></TR></TABLE>

damn all that for just a civic...

u know if u disconnect the battery will Lojack still work?
Old 05-06-2003, 10:43 PM

take of the stirring weal every night! J/K
there is a wire that goes to your distributer take it of so the car willn't start and you are good to go!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-06-2003, 10:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i park my car in my drive way... last night... the repo man busted a visit to my neighbors, and took thier rodeo... right infront of us, at 9'clock at night..... the thought scared the crap out of me.... they didnt even make a noise.... they had to pull it out... they had it parked between 2 cars...
Old 05-06-2003, 11:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (gumbii)

Garage here But i'm only worried about it when I go to the mall or at my gf house
Old 05-07-2003, 01:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 743 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I already said that all I could afford to buy was another cheap civic since I lost my job when my car got stolen. Besides, there are few if any new cars that I would see as a worthy replacement for my car. If the ep3r ever makes it to the us, I will be first in line to buy it, but until than I'm stuck with this as my only car.</TD></TR></TABLE>

dude theres plenty of other cars you could of bought for cheap besides a civic. if theft is really that bad why would you mod your ride? might as well burn your money. i know thefts are really bad in and around nyc, if they want your car they're gonna get it and even if you do have a million kill switches and autolocks, no tow hooks etc and they cant get your car they're probably just going to vandalize it.

i mean do what you wanna do but i think you'd be better off putting the money you'd spend modding it into moving to a place where you can have a safer spot to park
Old 05-07-2003, 06:01 AM

Default Re: How many of you park in the street at night? (tylerspec)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tylerspec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i mean do what you wanna do but i think you'd be better off putting the money you'd spend modding it into moving to a place where you can have a safer spot to park</TD></TR></TABLE>

I don't think half of you guys understood my original post. I don't need people to tell me not to have a civic, to leave it stock, or move into a new house. I'm in college now, and modding/working on cars is my main hobby. When my last civic got stolen, I considered and looked at other cars like e30 m3s, miata hardtops, 2.5 rs's, DA gsr's, but I still ended up with another civic, and got it to the point that its at today for less than half of what an e30 m3 or miata would cost me, and my car will outhandle, outbrake, and outaccelerate both of those cars.

Sooo, anybody got any slick ideas that would make it harder, or take longer for my car to be towed? I think the tow hook idea would work, I've had cars towed before, and the tow truck drivers have a hard enough time getting it on the truck with tow hooks.
Old 05-07-2003, 06:10 AM
overrated.

i park mine in the street, it's fully insured.

the worst thing that's happened to my hatch thus far, was someone used that soccer mom car chalk stuff to draw penises on my windows
Old 05-07-2003, 06:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah I park in the street every night, it sucks because im allways scared of A. it will get stolen by some dumb asses, or B someone will side swipe my ride. Before the car was mine it was my sisters and it was stolen and the rims where gone as well. When they got it back her dumbass boy friend treated it like **** and put a dvd player in it but looked retarted where they put it. When it finaly got passed down to me it got in good hands the thing is babied and well taken care of like it's a BMW. But yeah i feal ya on that, the thing is I DONT have a alarm yet or let alone tinting so people can see my **** right now. Im allways scared about it, the car gets a new mod every month or so and is starting to look more attractive which worries me. Ima get alarm soon though that pages me.
Old 05-07-2003, 06:47 AM
Down Since Day 1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: How many of you park in the street at night? (OnePointFive)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by OnePointFive &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

the worst thing that's happened to my hatch thus far, was someone used that soccer mom car chalk stuff to draw penises on my windows.</TD></TR></TABLE>

HahahahahaHahahahahaHahahahahaHahah
ahahaHahahahahaHahahahahaHahahahahaHahahahahaHahah a
hahaHahahahahaHahahahahaHahahahahaHahahahahaHahaha haha
HahahahahaHahahahahaHahahahahaHahahahahaHahahahaha Hah
ahahahaHahahahahaHahahahahaHahahahahaHahahahahaHah ahah
ahaHahahahahaHahahahahaHahahahahaHahahahahaHahaha
hahaHahahahahaHahahahahaHahahahahaHahahahahaHahaha
hahaHahahahahaHahahahahaHahahahahaHahahahahaHahaha haha
Old 05-07-2003, 06:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Reason I relocated my power lock switch, am getting hood locks and installed a fuel pump switch.
Old 05-07-2003, 08:59 PM

Default Re: How many of you park in the street at night? (Spade)

I don't have the inner doer locks connected either!!
Old 05-07-2003, 09:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How many of you park in the street at night? (playAho)

Same here

Quick Reply: How many of you park in the street at night?