Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

how many (main) wiring harnesses are there for 96-00 DX civic ( dash wire harness ) RSX gauge cluste

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2004, 07:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default how many (main) wiring harnesses are there for 96-00 DX civic ( dash wire harness ) RSX gauge cluste

I am having a complete custom dash/firewall & engine harnesses made for my 2000 DX hatchback. I would like to make sure I get all the harnesses need to complete the custom harness.

here is the lowdown:
K20a swap in my 2000 hatch with RSX-S cluster.

In order for the RSX-S gauge cluster to operate 100%, I need the RSX-S interior(dash) harness. This is because of a digital communication line that sends & receives multiple signals through a single line. This line runs from/to the cluster to/from the ECU which interfaces at a (RSX-S) multiplexor (which is built into the RSX under-the-dash fusebox)

I have found a company (hybrid-racing) that says if I supply all the needed harnesses - they will make custom engine & dash harness. The RSX-S dash harness will be modified to plug in to the EK dash (obviously splicing in all the EK connectors/plugs). I need everything in my dash to operate 100%

basically don't mind that ^ mumbo-jumbo

WHAT I AM REALLY ASKING is what harnesses are used in the 2000 dx dash?

so far I have: (harnesses below are all spare - so i can still drive my car )

2000 dx 5spd engine harness
2000 dx 5spd firewall harness <----is this really the dash harness?
2000 dx 5spd floor harness (don't know if I really need but got anyway)

RSX-S engine harness
RSX-S charging harness
RSX-S interior/dash harness
RSX-S (under the dash) fuse box / multiplexor
RSX-S gauge cluster

I know there is a "hatch" harness but I don't think I will need a duplicate of that - hopefully the company making the custom harness will be able to convert the RSX interior harness w/plugs from the DX firewall harness so my stock "hatch" harness will plug right in.

are there other harnesses that plug into the dash? lol

on a side note - these custom (engine & interior) harnesses will allow me to keep all the OEM relays found in the RSX-S interior harness - which are normally not used b/c everything is hardwired to the stock (dx) main relay when using Hybrid-Racing's regular conversion harness
Old 10-28-2004, 10:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: how many (main) wiring harnesses are there for 96-00 DX civic ( dash wire harness ) RSX gauge cl

bump for a ek dash wiring expert
Old 10-28-2004, 11:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: how many (main) wiring harnesses are there for 96-00 DX civic ( dash wire harness ) RSX gauge cl

hmmmm this is alil off but, you could try PM user "andrie" about the custom wiring harness he had made for his Comptech/Red zone?prima racing 99 civic SI K20a powered. Or search for the user on this board red Zone. they mad him a complete comstom wiring harness. Only thing is he used a Micron display unit. But i thought it in some way mgiht help you out
Old 11-02-2004, 10:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah - i found somebody to make it - I just need to know what harnesses are "hooked up to" & "behind the dash" ...bump hopefully somebody can help
Old 11-02-2004, 10:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe a dumb question but, do you have a helms for the hatch? It shows all the harness and tells you which plugs go where.

http://www.slhondaparts.com/br...=true

here they show a cabin harness (1) and a cluster harness (5). You may need the floor harnesses depending on fuel pump and fuel sending unit wiring and operation. I can look in the helms this evening if you need it and post the results.

Good luck . You are sailing into uncharted waters
Old 11-02-2004, 11:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks - if you could look into that it would be great. I am getting the floor harness & think I need the DX instrument cluster harness b/c it has some plugs that I will need to splice to the RSX-S interior harness (ie radio plug etc...) thanks in advance - Greg

looks like I need to source a 99-00 dx instrument (cluster) harness (#5) & 99-00 dx engine cabing harness (#7) = BIG HELP

Modified by adirondackR at 4:21 PM 11/2/2004