Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

How long do Koni Yellows last?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2002, 04:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How long do Koni Yellows last?

I am pretty much an average day to day driver. Occasionally I will take a corner hard or two. Anyway, I was talking to somebody and they said that Koni Yellow shocks could blow in a short period of time. How long do they typically last? I have Ground Control coilovers on my Civic maxed out and my shocks set at pretty much the softest setting. I wanted a shock that could handle the drop as a daily driver and that was the shock everyone was recommending. Can the shock handle that kind of drop or do I need to raise it up a lot? Thanks.
Old 01-26-2002, 04:38 PM

Default Re: How long do Koni Yellows last? (96 SOHC VTEC)

Koni yellows are the shocks that Ground Control usually recommends for their coilovers. I believe they also have a lifetime warranty as well (at least the ones for my 01 Civic do). How much of a drop do you have right now?
Old 01-26-2002, 06:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

whoever told you that is full of sh!+. koni makes some of the best affordable shocks you can buy.

[Modified by freud, 7:36 PM 1/26/2002]
Old 01-26-2002, 07:01 PM

What kind of Koni yellows are u using? The normal damper types? Well, they aren't really that good. They wear out pretty fast if u do hard driving. Over here, we change them once twice a yr with daily driving. With track driving, they leak and wear out within 1/2 a yr. We prefer Teins, Tanabes, Ohlins in Singapore.
Old 01-26-2002, 08:12 PM
Trial User

Default Re: How long do Koni Yellows last? (PhaseEK9)

What kind of Koni yellows are u using? The normal damper types? Well, they aren't really that good. They wear out pretty fast if u do hard driving. Over here, we change them once twice a yr with daily driving. With track driving, they leak and wear out within 1/2 a yr. We prefer Teins, Tanabes, Ohlins in Singapore.
WTF, i think you've been on the pipe too long man. So you are saying that koni yellows suck. Right, i guess that's why everyone uses them and loves them. I personally think you are full of poo poo. YOu replace koni yellows once or twice a year daily driving? So i guess you blow stock shocks every week and replace those too? Anyone else see any bullpoo poo in this post?
Old 01-26-2002, 08:38 PM

Default Re: How long do Koni Yellows last? (mantic6t9)

Replace stock shocks every week. Hahaha!
Old 01-26-2002, 09:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

WTF, i think you've been on the pipe too long man. So you are saying that koni yellows suck. Right, i guess that's why everyone uses them and loves them. I personally think you are full of poo poo. YOu replace koni yellows once or twice a year daily driving? So i guess you blow stock shocks every week and replace those too? Anyone else see any bullpoo poo in this post?

thats funny

[Modified by sshaikh01, 6:02 AM 1/27/2002]
Old 01-26-2002, 10:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How long do Koni Yellows last? (sshaikh01)

Well, I don't really see why Koni Yellows would blow like that. I drove on my stock shocks with a 3" drop for a year and they were fine when I took them off. I tested each one individually. The car has 80k on the stock shocks too. Thanks for the replies.
Old 01-26-2002, 10:53 PM
New User

the amount of "false" information in this thread is amazing.

tell...

[Modified by bishop, 2:08 AM 1/27/2002]
Old 01-26-2002, 11:25 PM
Trial User

Default Re: How long do Koni Yellows last? (bishop)

Sorry i just had to put the smack down, everything that guy said jsut screamed I'm retarted.
Old 01-27-2002, 07:27 AM

I think u drive like a ***** thats why your Konis last so long. If u race, then u know how poo pooy Konis can be. Over here, Konis is only used for daily driving.
Old 01-27-2002, 07:30 AM

Guess u are just another rice rocket poser. So sad that u guys over in the States are pussies.

No wonder Asians in the States are looked down by their own kind. Now i know why ....
Old 01-27-2002, 07:40 AM

No wonder Asians in the States are looked down by their own kind. Now i know why ....
So you can judge this by what shocks there using? Why don't you take your ignorant self someplace else.

p.s. I'm not asian.
Old 01-27-2002, 07:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Guess u are just another rice rocket poser. So sad that u guys over in the States are pussies.

What the DoEs AnYoNe KnOw WheRe I CaN GeT SoMe StRObE LiTEZ AnD LiGhT uP WiNdShiElD NoZzLeS??.....i don't get the asian remark....Im asian...i don't get looked down by anyone....personally..i have the same setup...groundcontrol...with spring rates 350 in the rear and 275 in the front...and using Koni Yellows...I drive my car hard to death!! and it runs great and handles great...better than most other coilover+shock combinations. My cousin who drives really hard...takes his car to the road track a lot...is running the same ground control settings and Koni Yellows...and to that..he has a Ground control rear sway bar..i dont' know the measurements of the sway bar though..but anywhoo..he has had his for id say about 3 years now..still running great...compared to mine that is about a year and a half old. We both autocross everweek and he takes his car to the road course..no problems man...i know this is a he said this...and he said what thread now...but man..u are way too biased against Koni's...you know they are good...and where is the proof that they go out man!!! unless you give some proof..you are full of Poo Poo!! Damn..take a whiff..i can smell it all they way in Oklahoma USA BITCH!!!!!!!
Old 01-27-2002, 07:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How long do Koni Yellows last? (Sohc Driver)

damn...that was awesome..LOL..whoever got that nozzles light thing to come up on my post is damn good..LOL..just clarifying that i didn't type that....but ha ha ha......
Khoi
Old 01-27-2002, 12:25 PM
Trial User

I think u drive like a ***** thats why your Konis last so long. If u race, then u know how poo pooy Konis can be. Over here, Konis is only used for daily driving.
I'm not going to sit in here and argue with you about this, Like was mentioned above where is the proof? Maybe you're buying fake koni yellows made in your country. If you want to sit in here and make yourself a look like a monkey, post some more bullpoo poo you seem to be good at it. You keep telling yourself you know it all and keep believeing it. It's funny watch people make up poo poo to defend themselves.
Old 01-27-2002, 01:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

guys not trying to side with anybody,but in his post he also says with track driving they leak within 1/2 a year. if u roadrace ur car alot of times in a year maybe the konis arent the best? i dont know? I would think that tanabe, tien, and ohlins are better=more $$ so maybe koni yellows are good for street/track, but not so much track only?

just a thought.

DoEs AnYoNe KnOw WheRe I CaN GeT SoMe StRObE LiTEZ AnD LiGhT uP WiNdShiElD NoZzLeS?? poo poo----sorry just had to try it! lol

[Modified by Canttx, 2:30 PM 1/27/2002]
Old 01-27-2002, 01:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I had my Konis on my integra for about a year and a half. They showed no signs of going out and worked well until I wrecked my car. I drove on them daily and participated in several autocross events. If anything, Teins, Tanabes, and Ohlins aren't as suited for track duty here in the US because there aren't any places to rebuild and modify them without having to deal with shipping overseas. (Apparently, Tein will change that.) My guess is that PhaseEK9 and his friends are either running fake Konis or are lowered so much that they're constantly bottoming out. That will kill any shock.

[Modified by agent87, 2:53 PM 1/27/2002]
Old 01-27-2002, 02:13 PM
Trial User

Default Re: How long do Koni Yellows last? (Canttx)

I think tanabe used kyb agx shocks in their coilovers and those are not better then koni yellows.
Old 01-27-2002, 03:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

alright...lol..we can't start aruing that Koni's are better than Tanabe's and teins....its goingto lead to alot of useless arguing.......lol...just trying to avoid more petty arguments....

My Two Cents,
Khoi
Old 01-27-2002, 03:28 PM

Default Re: How long do Koni Yellows last? (Nick)

I am not judging ppl by the stuff they use but since i am judged by the way i drive, i guess the same criteria shld be used on them.
Old 01-27-2002, 03:34 PM

Default Re: How long do Koni Yellows last? (Sohc Driver)

I am also using Konis down. I am not biased against them. But what i am saying is that they don't last as well if u do hard driving. I have seen them leak after a few rounds of the track.
Old 01-27-2002, 05:29 PM

If u nvr see the worn shocks, u will never believe me. The stuff was bought from the authorised dealer for Konis. Unless u are saying that the dealer is selling fake stuff ...

Anyway, the shocks leak oil after about 1/2 yr of usage. The damping was off and the struts were leaking oil. I am not making u believe in what i say. Just my opinion of Konis. U can always choose not to believe me.
Old 01-27-2002, 05:33 PM

Default Re: How long do Koni Yellows last? (agent87)

The Konis we used are definitely not fake ones. They come direct from Holland. We prefer Teins coz we can always send them back to Japan to be rebuild. Konis only cost abt SG$240 for a pair. It is not worth to send them back to be rebuild ...
Old 01-27-2002, 07:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Can't we all just get along?