Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/)
-   -   How To : K24Z7 swap in EG civic. Complete how to! (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/how-k24z7-swap-eg-civic-complete-how-3334759/)

vanilla gorilla 03-08-2019 12:02 PM

How To : K24Z7 swap in EG civic. Complete how to!

HI guys. I did a k24z7 swap in a EG civic about 3 years ago. Ive gotten alot of questions about it over the years so I just decided to do a complete how to of the entire swap process, parts, wiring, ECU, etc. I have filmed the process and am uploading the videos to my youtube channel. The name of my channel is BallsOutPerformance . Just enter that into the youtube search bar and my page will pull up. In addition to the K24Z7 swap I have lots of other projects and tech videos that I will be putting out shortly. So subscribe to the channel and please share my videos if there is anyone else that you know that is interested in the Z7 swap. If you have any questions feel free to ask. I dont get on here much, but I will quickly respond if you message me on my youtube channel. I hope that my videos will help a lot of you guys.https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/honda-t...606025a886.jpg

Freedo_Civegra 03-09-2019 07:00 AM

Re: How To : K24Z7 swap in EG civic. Complete how to!

Bump for great info in his videos!

Chance EG 03-09-2019 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by Freedo_Civegra (Post 51883164)
Bump for great info in his videos!

If Freedo is endorsing him, I'll have to check it out.

vanilla gorilla 03-09-2019 10:19 AM

Thanks for the support guys.

Freedo_Civegra 03-12-2019 07:53 AM

Just watched Pt 3. While AEM might not be an option for budgeteers, it is an option for swappers looking for tunability.

An option (and I mentioned this in your twin thread in the engine swap forum) for the budget minded, is to use the donor car’s factory ECU, wire harness, key, and ignition lock cylinder w/ immobilizer ring. Of course, the wiring schematics and pinouts for both cars are a must if going this route.

vanilla gorilla 03-13-2019 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by Freedo_Civegra (Post 51885401)
Just watched Pt 3. While AEM might not be an option for budgeteers, it is an option for swappers looking for tunability.

An option (and I mentioned this in your twin thread in the engine swap forum) for the budget minded, is to use the donor car’s factory ECU, wire harness, key, and ignition lock cylinder w/ immobilizer ring. Of course, the wiring schematics and pinouts for both cars are a must if going this route.

Yea I agree completely. If someone can get ahold of a complete donor setup , then using the z7 harness and ECU will probably be your best bet. Being that the only Z7 part I had was the actual engine, I went AEM on it. Either way will work. But if you do the complete Z7 setup, I think the only tuning option you have is Flashpro.

Freedo_Civegra 03-13-2019 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by vanilla gorilla (Post 51886821)
Yea I agree completely. If someone can get ahold of a complete donor setup , then using the z7 harness and ECU will probably be your best bet. Being that the only Z7 part I had was the actual engine, I went AEM on it. Either way will work. But if you do the complete Z7 setup, I think the only tuning option you have is Flashpro.

I get it, bro. I was thinking the budget rout for anybody going that way who might have access to a wrecked car with everything available.

vanilla gorilla 03-14-2019 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Freedo_Civegra (Post 51887030)

I get it, bro. I was thinking the budget rout for anybody going that way who might have access to a wrecked car with everything available.

oh yea I agree 100%. Theres a few options .