Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

how to install rear seats and seatbelts

Old 04-07-2010, 06:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to install rear seats and seatbelts

1995 honda civic hatch.

when i bought my car the rear seats weren't installed and seatbelts weren't hooked up, does anyone have a comprehensive list of parts/supplies/tools i need to install the seats and seatbelts? a picture guide would be helpful thanks
Old 04-07-2010, 06:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: how to install rear seats and seatbelts

Old 04-07-2010, 07:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

for the seatbelts i need the bolt that bolts the bottom of the belt to the chassis of the car, what size bolt is that? 6x16? item #15 on the list. i also need the buckle part for the rear seats only, what would that be?

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...gry5=SEAT+BELT

the seats though... i don't even know where to begin lol. i have the top and bottom halfs, but no bolts or anything so i don't know what i need to install or how to install. my car also has this fat *** thing that sticks out in the middle behind the fuel pump cover so the seats don't sit together right, someone help meee lol.

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...gry5=REAR+SEAT
Old 04-07-2010, 07:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i have the rear seats if your intrested in buying them. they are black out of a dx. i want $50 for them. plus whatever shipping will be. probably around 50-100
Old 04-07-2010, 09:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 92lxsleeper
i have the rear seats if your intrested in buying them. they are black out of a dx. i want $50 for them. plus whatever shipping will be. probably around 50-100
thanks for the offer but i already have the seats i just need the hardware to bolt them in.

i fixed the seatbelt problem by taking the bolts from the center buckle and belt and using them for the belts, i just need the buckles for the left and right rear passenger seats and the two bolts/washers i guess then. but i still don't know what is needed to install the rear seats lol
Old 04-08-2010, 07:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

IIRC, you slide the rear seat backs into the the center pivot and, while pushing the seat back toward the center pivot, slide the other side of the seat back into the side of the car (there should be a hole the the rod projecting from the seat back fits into there). There is a plastic C clamp the clips to the rods on the outsides of the seat backs that keep the seat back from moving left/right. You're probably missing these C-clips. I can dig around in my garage...I think I may have a set of these somewhere.

The front of the seat bottom hooks into the area where the carpet ends. The back of the seat bottom gets tucked under the seat backs. There is a little loop that's off-centered towards the right (passenger) side that his held in with a bolt ... forget what size...10 or a 12 I think.

Seat belts can be found at a salvage yard, but make sure that they work before you pull them. I made the mistake of not checking this beforehand and ended up having to buy another seat of rears. You can also get these on eBay pretty easily.

fm
Old 04-08-2010, 01:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by fungus mungus
IIRC, you slide the rear seat backs into the the center pivot and, while pushing the seat back toward the center pivot, slide the other side of the seat back into the side of the car (there should be a hole the the rod projecting from the seat back fits into there). There is a plastic C clamp the clips to the rods on the outsides of the seat backs that keep the seat back from moving left/right. You're probably missing these C-clips. I can dig around in my garage...I think I may have a set of these somewhere.

The front of the seat bottom hooks into the area where the carpet ends. The back of the seat bottom gets tucked under the seat backs. There is a little loop that's off-centered towards the right (passenger) side that his held in with a bolt ... forget what size...10 or a 12 I think.

Seat belts can be found at a salvage yard, but make sure that they work before you pull them. I made the mistake of not checking this beforehand and ended up having to buy another seat of rears. You can also get these on eBay pretty easily.

fm
excellent post, thanks. i'll go scavenging for the bolts and clips, thank you so much.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the little bolt that hold the bottom part down is a 10.

does anyone know what size bolt is used for the bottom part of the belts? i think a previous owner was in this guys boat because my seatbelts are not attached hahaha
Old 04-08-2010, 08:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 77777
the little bolt that hold the bottom part down is a 10.

does anyone know what size bolt is used for the bottom part of the belts? i think a previous owner was in this guys boat because my seatbelts are not attached hahaha
the bolt that bolts the belts to the chassis? i used a 19mm socket i believe, or maybe it was 18mm, too lazy to get up and check, but it's the same bolt that is used to bolt the buckles and belts down to the chassis. i'm 99% sure it's the 6x16 bolt on the website up there.