Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

How to install a Car Alarms in my EG Hatch?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 12:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to install a Car Alarms in my EG Hatch?

I searched and researched but I found nothing. I would like to install a Car Alarms in my EG hatch. Who have done it already. Do they have a How to, to install a Car Alarms with all the wiring tell them where to install it and plug it?
Thanks
Frank
Old 02-17-2007, 12:49 PM

Default Re: How to install a Car Alarms in my EG Hatch? (frank358fr)

This is something that you don't want advertised over the internet. You have to get creative when putting an alarm in.
Old 02-17-2007, 12:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How to install a Car Alarms in my EG Hatch? (MurdersV8s)

Someone knows?
Old 02-17-2007, 01:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/car-alarm.htm

Old 02-17-2007, 01:19 PM

if you dont have wiring experience, then I wouldnt attempt it. It can be a mess if you are not careful. And if you save up and have it professionally installed, then it will be a much better job, and it will be a better setup.
Old 02-17-2007, 03:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: 99 probs but a stolen car aint 1, ca, cerritos/fullerton
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

First start here

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread/1794938

Next make sure you have the right tools. Do not use a test light. If this is your first time I would recommend that you don't do it. Take it and have it done right. If you a mechanical skills and your comfortable go for it.
Old 02-17-2007, 06:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Id reccomend best buy's installation, Ive had One remote starter and a head unit installed by them, Just incase you decide to have someone install it for you.
Old 02-17-2007, 07:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if your not sure what you doing, i would suggest this.

get your alarm system, then tell the installer you do not want any wires cut you want everything spliced and taped and just hanging. before you leave make sure all the options you want on the alarm are set and are tested infront of you.

then go home and get a piece of paper and mark down what color wires go to what. take photos, and then remove each wire you have written down and taken a photo of

then this way you can put the alarm in a place where only you know where the brain is and at the same time you have a complete wiring diagram of your alarm if you have any wiring problems.

all your alarm features will still be remembered so removing the wires is not a concern.

remember do not write down any personal information on any of the paperwork, all any company is interested in is that you pay them. no address, no phone numbers.

not to mention this will show you how easy alarms are to install.
Old 02-17-2007, 08:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: How to install a Car Alarms in my EG Hatch? (cxSHOE)

I happened to get 2 used viper alarms (same model) for a good price, had them shipped to my sister's house (diff last name). It took some digging, but they actually have the install PDF's on their website. You have to *really* know what you're doing with the URL though, and I forgot exactly how to get them all.

Long story short, there's not really a how-to for all alarms, as they are all different concerning their wire colors, etc. You need the install paperwork for the alarm you get, and I've heard mixed results of them coming with the alarm. Most places only sell you the alarm w/install. The alarm makers don't want people doing it themselves.
Old 02-17-2007, 10:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: How to install a Car Alarms in my EG Hatch? (cxSHOE)

http://www.civic-eg.com/causeforalarm

If you take a peek into the AUDIO/SECURITY forum, you would have found what you're looking for stickied at the top.

cxShoe, if you were to come into Best Buy or Circuit City with that request, we would just turn you away. It doesn't really make any kind of sense either. You HAVE to cut some wires ie the starter wire.

If you want to know your car's wire colors, go to http://www.the12volt.com and download them there. If you pull the alarm you void the lifetime warranty on the labor that any reputable shop will provide you with. If you want to install it yourself, just DIY from the very start.

The car's wire colors are no secret. I can name most of them for all 85-00 Honda/Acuras right off the top of my head. The only ones that vary are the door locks and the trunk triggers.

Also, you should not be afraid of giving your info to a national chain. We are not interested in stealing your car. We have a job, right? You need to give us your info so we can give you a lifetime warranty and look you up in the computer when you lose your receipt. If you are not comfortable giving that info to your audio shop, then I recommend you not get your alarm installed there. Trust your instincts.

HiProfile, you must be buying some used alarms. I wouldn't recommend that. All decent alarms (including Viper) come with wire diagrams and instructions for installing them. I've never had that issue. The OP was talking about instructions/wire colors for the CAR, not the alarm. BTW you can easily download the installation manual from DEI's website, should you happen to lose the one that comes with the alarm.

CC or BB will sell you the alarm w/out the installation. The reason we are reluctant is because customer's so often return the alarm because they find it too hard to install, or they mess up the alarm or their car in the process.

Last edited by suspendedHatch; 07-12-2012 at 02:51 PM.