Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

How To: Install Access visors on an EG

Old 07-14-2004, 03:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How To: Install Access visors on an EG

Since there were no threads to help me I decided to post this how to. First i would like to thank prestoizm for the tips pre install. The eg visors are much more simple than the ek and integra, they have no screws and require no cutting.
Ill post pics later tonight or tomorrow.
1. Pull the rubber stripping away from the door. This is the strip that the window slides into at the top. Start in the middle. Stop about one inch short of the side view mirror and go all the way across the top of the door and down about two inches on the backside of the door.

2. The visors have four clips and a piece that extends off the end (faces the rear of the car). Slide the end piece between the black trim and the weather stripping. Then push it downward until the top of the visor is lined up correctly w/ the top of the trim.

3. Next, put the clips into the grove. Unfortunately i don't have a pic of this but the clips follow the contour of the metal and the ends of the clips slide nicely into a little grove. Take a step back and make sure everything looks right and is well aligned.

4. Then, place the weather stripping back into place. Once it is sitting in place, open the door, stand on the outside, wrap you hand around the top of the door and firmly push it into its groove using your fingers. The striping should go completely into place. There will be small bulges where the clips are but nothing noticeable.

5. Clean them up w/ some windex and viola your done. It took me about 20min to do both. Nice and easy. and since i don't have air, this will make getting caught in the rain much more bearable.
Old 02-09-2009, 02:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: How To: Install Access visors on an EG

Thanks man, this helps a lot. Mine came with instructions, but for some reason they weren't clear to me. The instructions say to cut where the brackets go so there isnt a buldge.