Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

!!HOW-TO!! HX wheels on GSR or SI Front Brakes!

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2004, 06:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: !!HOW-TO!! HX wheels on GSR or SI Front Brakes! (00siBuilder)

And those used to be MY polished hx wheels... miss thoughs things no one else had them.
Old 03-23-2004, 06:45 PM
Pooping on children

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: !!HOW-TO!! HX wheels on GSR or SI Front Brakes! (00siBuilder)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 00siBuilder &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">no one else had them.</TD></TR></TABLE>exept for everyones car that came with them fom the factory
Old 03-23-2004, 06:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: !!HOW-TO!! HX wheels on GSR or SI Front Brakes! (rainmanEK)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rainmanEK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
The Tires are a Performance 196-60-14 And there is No Fitment issues with the rears Being they are the same size as Normal Civic Front brakes!</TD></TR></TABLE>

I dont see how getting 195-60-14's would be an improvement over a good set of 205-50-15s and lightweight rims. The price is within $10 for tires. And a set of lightweight rota rims are $400 or less used. And i think a 15" rim looks better on the SI anyways. Not to mention, then you dont have to modify anything and can even get larger brakes in the future.

If you did it just for cosmetic reasons...all you. But if you did it for performance reasons i think you went about it in the wrong way.

liam
Old 03-23-2004, 07:13 PM

If you read the thread, then you would have noticed that he did it because the wheels are low-key, and light. Sure rotas are nice, but they attract a lot of attention. Does the term sleeper mean anything to you?
Old 03-23-2004, 11:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: (driverunknown)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by driverunknown &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you read the thread, then you would have noticed that he did it because the wheels are low-key, and light. Sure rotas are nice, but they attract a lot of attention. Does the term sleeper mean anything to you?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I dont know what your talking about. But black rotas slips are just about as dull and boring as they come....that is to 99.9% of the world. Its only the honda world that somebody would really know anything about them.

There are "low-key" 15inch rims after all you know. Furthermore if you really wanted to stay sleeper you would leave the stock wheels on the car. It doesnt take a rocket scientist to know that SI's are the only one with stock rear disc brakes. And if it was me, id notice the rear brakes right away and wonder if they were trying to hide something. So much for sleeper.

All i was trying to say was - its not really that sleeper (to the honda crowd anyways) and the stock 15s or aftermarket 15s would be alot better in the name of performance that is.

But never the less - this is a how-to. Its not for me or you to decied if its a good thing or not to put on hx rims. Although im sure we would all say the same about him putting on a shirt.

liam
Old 03-24-2004, 12:09 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: !!HOW-TO!! HX wheels on GSR or SI Front Brakes! (Emerika)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Emerika &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I thought I was the only person who works on cars in sandals... </TD></TR></TABLE>

you must not work with/around asians then

btw, what did you use to polish the rims? mothers?
Old 03-24-2004, 02:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: !!HOW-TO!! HX wheels on GSR or SI Front Brakes! (MonKey Magic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MonKey Magic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Quote, originally posted by civic_rice »
the HX wheels looked identical to the Si wheels.
What's the deal?

your time is up. and no Si and HX wheels don't look alike. </TD></TR></TABLE>

This is what he was referring to...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rainmanEK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

(Thats me holding My SI wheel)
</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 03-24-2004, 04:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: !!HOW-TO!! HX wheels on GSR or SI Front Brakes! (=GAMEOVA=)

O man.. no shirt.. wearing sandles... and using a grider... least u got eye protection lol..... mind telling me which way the beach is... least u can one day fall back on being a import tuner model or something j/k.. hope u dont take my crapy sense of humor the wrong way.
Old 03-24-2004, 04:14 AM
PSU
formerly DxHatchback

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

for Christ's sake, put a shirt on

nice write-up however
Old 03-24-2004, 04:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SpoonFedHatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SpoonFedHatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">FOR GOD SAKES PUT A SHIRT ON!!!
</TD></TR></TABLE>

For Real...LOL...cool...man i just don't like the look of an EK with HX wheels...too small in my opinion...
Old 03-24-2004, 09:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: !!HOW-TO!! HX wheels on GSR or SI Front Brakes! (DxHatchback)

oh brother....knowing that 98% of us are guys on h-t
good write up though
Old 03-24-2004, 10:55 AM

dude your almost as white as me and im in michigan!!
Old 03-24-2004, 11:08 AM
POE
Honda-Tech Member

wowzer im with the dude saying put the **** on because this aint no Dating service, its honda TECH. im gonna do a write up *** naked!
Old 03-24-2004, 05:55 PM

Default Re: !!HOW-TO!! HX wheels on GSR or SI Front Brakes! (liam821)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by liam821 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I dont see how getting 195-60-14's would be an improvement over a good set of 205-50-15s and lightweight rims. The price is within $10 for tires. And a set of lightweight rota rims are $400 or less used. And i think a 15" rim looks better on the SI anyways. Not to mention, then you dont have to modify anything and can even get larger brakes in the future.

If you did it just for cosmetic reasons...all you. But if you did it for performance reasons i think you went about it in the wrong way.

liam</TD></TR></TABLE>if you get some BFG G-force drag radials i have azenis on mine but im prob goin to get a set of BFGs or some 235 M and H DOTs
Old 03-27-2004, 05:42 PM

Default Re: !!HOW-TO!! HX wheels on GSR or SI Front Brakes! (JDM2ndGen)

i put on my Hx wheels today ...i used the grinder to make them fit ...it took me a little longer because i never did it before ...if i can get pics i will post them up ...one question though ...i shouldnt have any problems with that bracket that i shaved down right ...like under hard breaking or anything ??...
Old 03-27-2004, 05:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 37 Likes on 37 Posts

Your chest is smaller than a peanut.
Old 03-27-2004, 07:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM2ndGen &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i put on my Hx wheels today ...i used the grinder to make them fit ...it took me a little longer because i never did it before ...if i can get pics i will post them up ...one question though ...i shouldnt have any problems with that bracket that i shaved down right ...like under hard breaking or anything ??...</TD></TR></TABLE>
if hard breaking takes place,you will most likely have problems.
Chris
Old 03-27-2004, 08:29 PM
Boba Connoisseur

Default Re: (93si)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If your skinny *** is an Abercrombie@Fitch Model, they must be desperate and sorry.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm sorry you don't find him attractive. What kind of men do you usually go for?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by somedumbass &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Spacer on only the front would probably make for some bad oversteer, as well as look a bit awkward.</TD></TR></TABLE>

you're retarded.
Old 03-27-2004, 08:45 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rainmanEK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Dont be Jealous, I am an Abercrombie@Fitch Model</TD></TR></TABLE>

LMAO.....hahahaha....wait....hahahaha....ok im better.....NICE HOW TO THOUGH!
Old 03-28-2004, 08:25 AM

Default Re: !!HOW-TO!! HX wheels on GSR or SI Front Brakes! (TeamNextGenChris)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TeamNextGenChris &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
if hard breaking takes place,you will most likely have problems.
Chris</TD></TR></TABLE>that sucks ...has anyone had problems with this after they put theirs on?
Old 03-28-2004, 02:34 PM

i love polished hxs, i got em on my EK, good writeup
Old 03-28-2004, 03:10 PM
egizzle8

Default Re: !!HOW-TO!! HX wheels on GSR or SI Front Brakes! (g0ni)

I couldn't get pass that pic of you holding you that hx rim up with no shirt. Your mom take that picture or something? There's a reason I don't shop at A&F. Crazy white kids. Nice write up though. You should do a write up on how to put a shirt on and please us all.
Old 03-28-2004, 04:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM2ndGen &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">that sucks ...has anyone had problems with this after they put theirs on?</TD></TR></TABLE>
i think you missed my point.unless you really thin out that area of the caliper bracket,nothing should BREAK when you BRAKE.
Chris
Old 03-28-2004, 04:18 PM

Default Re: !!HOW-TO!! HX wheels on GSR or SI Front Brakes! (TeamNextGenChris)

Representing the Tire Kingdom series of Performance tires, you da man!!! Even has a 50,000 mile warranty
Old 03-29-2004, 03:42 PM
big strong guy

Default Re: !!HOW-TO!! HX wheels on GSR or SI Front Brakes! (egizzle6)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by egizzle6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I couldn't get pass that pic of you holding you that hx rim up with no shirt. Your mom take that picture or something? There's a reason I don't shop at A&F. Crazy white kids. Nice write up though. You should do a write up on how to put a shirt on and please us all.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You jealous or somthing? And No it was Your Mom who took that Pic, And your Girlfriend Took These! Please dont hate me because Im More attractive, And Have/Had Nicer Toys then you can imagine!

Eric

Quick Reply: !!HOW-TO!! HX wheels on GSR or SI Front Brakes!