Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

how to hook up a rear fog light on ek??

Old 12-26-2008, 12:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to hook up a rear fog light on ek??

i wanted to buy a rear fog light for my ek and saw that there was an outlet and was wondering where that connects to and if you need a switch like front fog lights to turn on and off. i was also wondering if there was a correct place where it goes on the rear bumper and any instructions on how to do it like a how to thread. i thought it would you just split together with the brake light. thanks guys!
Old 12-26-2008, 12:23 PM
kp
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: how to hook up a rear fog light on ek??

Originally Posted by FRKWOO
i wanted to buy a rear fog light for my ek and saw that there was an outlet and was wondering where that connects to and if you need a switch like front fog lights to turn on and off. i was also wondering if there was a correct place where it goes on the rear bumper and any instructions on how to do it like a how to thread. i thought it would you just split together with the brake light. thanks guys!
Rear fog lights are designed for use when in thick fog. They are turned on when you turn on your front fog lights. You typically turn your fog lights on so you can see better when in foggy conditions, and your rear fog light turns on at the same time so everyone behind you can see your car. They are incredibly bright and IMO I wouldn't install it unless A: You live in Fogtown or B: You want the assh*le behind you in the monster truck to be an even bigger assh*le because you're blinding him.

So to answer your question, you'll have to wire it into your fog light relay so it'll turn on at the same time. If you don't have front fogs, then this question just puzzles me.
Old 12-26-2008, 12:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by kp
Rear fog lights are designed for use when in thick fog. They are turned on when you turn on your front fog lights. You typically turn your fog lights on so you can see better when in foggy conditions, and your rear fog light turns on at the same time so everyone behind you can see your car. They are incredibly bright and IMO I wouldn't install it unless A: You live in Fogtown or B: You want the assh*le behind you in the monster truck to be an even bigger assh*le because you're blinding him.

So to answer your question, you'll have to wire it into your fog light relay so it'll turn on at the same time. If you don't have front fogs, then this question just puzzles me.
yea no front fogs
Old 12-26-2008, 12:31 PM

Rear fogs are still tight.
they look good and you just turn em on when you are waiting to head out to the races in kent.
Old 01-05-2009, 01:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

do u have a picture of the rear fog light?
Old 01-05-2009, 02:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I have two rear fog lights.