Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

How to get rocker arms off?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2005, 10:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to get rocker arms off? OR fix this...

So I'm finally getting around to fixing my valve adjustment screws that I broke on my y7 a while ago. And I was wondering, how do I JUST get the rocker arm assembly off? And by rocker arm assembly, I mean the entire assembly right above the camshaft. Here's some pics to show you what I'm talking about. Does anybody know if I'm going to have to take off the CAM GEAR? Do you have any other suggestions for getting the broken valve adjustment screws out of the damn rocker arms? I don't want to drill them out, because getting the new ones in I will have to compress the valve springs anyways. I know this happened to some other people, these damn screws are only aluminum and snap really easy. Thanks in advance!!

^^ I'm not sure if you can tell or not, but I already took the bolt out at the dizzy connecting to the rocker arm assembly, plus the other 2 pairs of bolts on either side of the assembly.

^^^ I already unbolted these, and it didn't make a difference.

These broken screws are the ONLY reason that I need to take this whole damn thing off.

The valve spring compressor that I have doesn't have enough clearance before hitting the top of the rocker arm.

Some references from the HELM's guide.

Modified by GARBhatch. at 2:11 PM 3/18/2005