Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

How to fix your cruise control!

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 11:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to fix your cruise control!

Hi, I just wanted to let everyone know, because I did a search on this and it was not exactly specified. If your Cruise control is not lighting up on you consol it is probably because your stopper for the clutch has fallen off. I road with mine not working for like 4 months, and last night I finally fixed it by replacing the stopper that triggers the switch. I can just imagine how many people removed there cruise because they thought it was broken, when it was the stopper for the clutch or the brake the whole time. Or how many people payed for someone to fix there cruise, and all the shop did was replace the stopper and charged an arm and a leg. Of course if you do not like cruise control then remove it, if not check to see if your stoppers are still in for your clutch and brake lever. Just to let everyone know who is searching, because it is not exactly specified. To fix a Cruise control that does not light up check the fuse and then check the stopper.
Old 07-12-2006, 01:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How to fix your cruise control! (Hex420)

good info....

stopper?

Old 09-20-2006, 02:05 PM
Cogent Argument Enthusiast

Default Re: How to fix your cruise control! (EeeJayEight)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EeeJayEight &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
stopper?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Bump for an explanation. My CC doesnt work, depsite the fuse, cable and vacuum lines being fine. The light comes on the cluster when I push the button to activate it; it simply doesnt work though. I was about to start a new thread, but figured Id search first.

I just went out and looked. Are you talking about the silver circle with a black plastic button that is pushed in when the clutch pedal is all the way at the top? If you are, this isnt my problem as the button is completely depressed My horn doesnt work either; I hope this car doesnt have goddamn wiring problems

Modified by STD ****** at 3:19 PM 9/20/2006
Old 09-20-2006, 02:47 PM

there are many other things that will cause your cruise to not operate correctly.. for instance an SRS light or something airbag related or even a cable reel will also cancel out cruise
Old 09-20-2006, 03:00 PM

Default Re: (jdeemseerx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdeemseerx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">there are many other things that will cause your cruise to not operate correctly.. for instance an SRS light or something airbag related or even a cable reel will also cancel out cruise</TD></TR></TABLE>

Will these things allow the "cruise control" light to come on and such, but not activate it? I think Im going to have to check the wiring around the steering wheel since the horn doesnt work as well. I wish I could afford a Helms manual right now.
Old 09-20-2006, 03:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, if your light doesn't come on, this (and only this) is always and indefinately the problem.

Congrats on getting your cruise control fixed.
Old 09-20-2006, 03:20 PM

Default Re: (STD ******)

your problem sounds like it could be the actuator under the hood..testing it involves alot of wire and a vacuum pump/gauge if youve got that i can tell you how to go about testing it
Old 09-21-2006, 07:03 AM

Default Re: (jdeemseerx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdeemseerx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">your problem sounds like it could be the actuator under the hood..testing it involves alot of wire and a vacuum pump/gauge if youve got that i can tell you how to go about testing it</TD></TR></TABLE>

I dont have anything like that. I think Ill just pick up a CC unit, with all the mad tite engine swaps people are doing to EKs on here, they are practically giving them away to save 10-15 lbs
Old 09-21-2006, 07:04 AM

But the horn also does not work, so Im going to go check under the dash to see if the wiring by the steering column is fubar'd.
Old 09-21-2006, 07:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by STD ****** &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">But the horn also does not work, so Im going to go check under the dash to see if the wiring by the steering column is fubar'd.</TD></TR></TABLE>

if the horn isn't working as well, I suspect there is a problem with your Reel inbetween the steering wheel and the column.