Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

how to fix code 21 and 43

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2006, 08:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to fix code 21 and 43

like the title states, what am i suppose to fix to get rid of these codes...
Old 12-26-2006, 07:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: how to fix code 21 and 43 (Slow_import)

bump....fixed code 21, how do i fix code 43....do i replace the fuel pump, injectors, or fuel filter.....
Old 12-26-2006, 08:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Contrary to popular belief the code does not point you to the exact problem. It gives you a system in which to narrow the path of diagnosis. You need to find out on your own what is not operating properly in the fuel system.

A good place to start would be to clear the code and see if it comes back. If it does this means it is a hard fault and a real problem. If not it is an intermittent problem and will be harder to find.
Old 12-26-2006, 08:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM-97CX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Contrary to popular belief the code does not point you to the exact problem. It gives you a system in which to narrow the path of diagnosis. You need to find out on your own what is not operating properly in the fuel system.

A good place to start would be to clear the code and see if it comes back. If it does this means it is a hard fault and a real problem. If not it is an intermittent problem and will be harder to find.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i fixed 21, cleared it and only 43 came back....i know that fuel injector got its own code....so i'm thinking its the fuel pump or fuel filter, but just wondering if any of the members on here has had this code and fixed it....that way i could start there....but thanks for the help though.....will start diagnosis this weekend if no one chimes in....
Old 12-26-2006, 08:29 PM

just cause it's a fuel system code, doesn't necesairly mean anything is wrong. The fuel system tests it's ability to change the fuel trim, and if it can't control it properly, then it will throw this code. What is your set up? Sometimes other sensors can be skewed (like the o2 sensor) and can cause this code because you need the oxygen sensor monitor to pass in order to test the fuel system. So although the O2 may be working, if it's old and shitted up, and you're running rich/lean, it can cause some issues.
Old 12-26-2006, 08:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: how to fix code 21 and 43 (JDMFantasy2k)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMFantasy2k &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">just cause it's a fuel system code, doesn't necesairly mean anything is wrong. The fuel system tests it's ability to change the fuel trim, and if it can't control it properly, then it will throw this code. What is your set up? Sometimes other sensors can be skewed (like the o2 sensor) and can cause this code because you need the oxygen sensor monitor to pass in order to test the fuel system. So although the O2 may be working, if it's old and shitted up, and you're running rich/lean, it can cause some issues. </TD></TR></TABLE>

The O2 sensor has its own separate tests in the drive cycle with its own separate DTCs.
Old 12-26-2006, 09:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: how to fix code 21 and 43 (JDM-97CX)

the car is a 90 hatch with the stock a6 block, z6 head, a6 tranny, z6 dizzy, z6 manifold, p28 ecu, brand new 4 wire o2 sensor, obd0-obd1 conversion harness....vtec is working and everything is working now....i'm just thinking about puting on a new fuel pump and fuel filter since everything is the original parts put on the car in 90....just want to know some inputs...thanks for all the replies....