Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

HOW the F*** do you get a pedal assembly out?! 5spd swap questions

Old 02-03-2007, 07:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HOW the F*** do you get a pedal assembly out?! 5spd swap questions

So i'm doin the 5 speed swap w/e, and i'm to the pedals. How in the hell do you get these out without pulling the whole dash out? anybody have this problem? anybody got and quick tips? I'm bout to loose my mind. Everything on the car is done except pedals. Somebody gimme a pointer here please!

Also- do i need to jump a wire on any harness goin as the car was automatic and it's now 5 speed?
Old 02-03-2007, 07:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: HOW the F*** do you get a pedal assembly out?! 5spd swap questions (the4g4d)

Dunno how you're confused about the pedal assembly...

Though about the harness, yeah, you do, SEARCH.

There's like 40 guides that'll tell you how to wire it up so it'll run. It's a small wire alteration. Nothing big.
Old 02-03-2007, 08:00 PM

Default Re: HOW the F*** do you get a pedal assembly out?! 5spd swap questions (Syndacate)

You tell me, these things are kickin my ***. I can't get it by the steering shaft so they're bout to just stay in there and i'll hack the damn brake pedal down to size. Still need any tips anyone has.
Thanks for the heads up on wiring bro.
Old 02-03-2007, 09:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: HOW the F*** do you get a pedal assembly out?! 5spd swap questions (the4g4d)

get an open end 14mm to hold the other side of the nut and use a ratchet with 14mm socket for the other side on top of the bracket.
Old 02-03-2007, 09:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You can just unbolt the brake pedal, but watch out for the spring! Its only one bolt to take it off and then you have to remove the spring. The spring was just hard to put back on when trying to slip the end back into the hole (one on pedal and one on the assembly). Its a direct swap from pedal to pedal. No need to remove the whole pedal assembly! Then you can just bolt up the clutch pedal.
Old 02-03-2007, 10:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I did a auto to manual. To get the pedals off, I had to take off the dash under the steering column and unbolt the bracket then the two bolts holding the steering column up, slide your seat back and just let it sit down. Don't unbolt it out or else you'll be making more work to do later. The hardest part for me (EK) was to get the brake assembly off the rod that connects to the booster or whatever that big thing in your engine bay is. I did it on my own, but it really helps to have a buddy pull the booster back while you get the pedal assembly out. I can't remember if I stuck my master cylinder before or after the manual pedals went in.

Edit: as for the wiring. The only thing I notice was the brake light sensor was different on the manual pedals or something like that, but I stuck the original off the auto pedals on and adjusted it to proper position.