Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

how do u do a grease job when installing clutch?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2005, 05:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how do u do a grease job when installing clutch?

When putting in a new clutch. what needs to be greased? and with what kind of grease? Should i clean the inside of the bell housing? If so, what kinda cleaner?
Old 11-27-2005, 06:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: how do u do a grease job when installing clutch? (Tealeg88)

grease the little ball thing that the fork goes onto that presses on the throwout bearing. i forgot what its called. i forgot to do mine and it squeeks whenever i press down on the clutch
Old 11-29-2005, 12:58 PM

Default Re: how do u do a grease job when installing clutch? (Heylookits shawn)

You must grease the throwout bearing but that's STATED ON THE PACKAGE... grease the ball-thingy like the guy said and also grease the fork on the place where it bolts to the tranny housing...

You cannot miss it... GREASE WHEREEVER YOU SEE METAL TOUCHES METAL... except ofcourse the pressure plate.. you wanna leave that clean and dry...
Old 11-29-2005, 02:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: how do u do a grease job when installing clutch? (KKVTi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by KKVTi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You must grease the throwout bearing but that's STATED ON THE PACKAGE... grease the ball-thingy like the guy said and also grease the fork on the place where it bolts to the tranny housing...

You cannot miss it... GREASE WHEREEVER YOU SEE METAL TOUCHES METAL... except ofcourse the pressure plate.. you wanna leave that clean and dry...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Grease the throwout bearing? Every throwout bearing I've seen says NOT to grease it. The bearing should come pre-lubed and ready for action.

Other than that I agree with everything else said above. I usually just grease everywhere that looks like it needs grease. LoL.

You could clean the inside of the bell housing out if you want, but you don't need to. It's just a bunch of clutch dust which is a real pain to get off your hands/clothes, that **** is nasty. I prefer to just leave it.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:07 AM

Default Re: how do u do a grease job when installing clutch? (EJ1 wilcox)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EJ1 wilcox &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Grease the throwout bearing? Every throwout bearing I've seen says NOT to grease it. The bearing should come pre-lubed and ready for action.

Other than that I agree with everything else said above. I usually just grease everywhere that looks like it needs grease. LoL.

You could clean the inside of the bell housing out if you want, but you don't need to. It's just a bunch of clutch dust which is a real pain to get off your hands/clothes, that **** is nasty. I prefer to just leave it. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Not all throwout bearings are greased...

Infact, DAIKIN CLUTCH set does not have greased bearing... what you get is a small LUBE-BAG and you have to grease the bearing and the shaft... maybe you got me wrong... you don't have to grease the bearing itself but the surface of the bearing that travells over the shaft...

Old 11-30-2005, 06:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: how do u do a grease job when installing clutch? (KKVTi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by KKVTi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">.. you don't have to grease the bearing itself but the surface of the bearing that travells over the shaft...</TD></TR></TABLE>

I thought you meant to grease the actual bearing.

But yeah, definately grease your shaft

Old 11-30-2005, 08:13 AM
Banned

Default Re: how do u do a grease job when installing clutch? (Tealeg88)

Modified by CardDealer at 3:07 PM 11/16/2006
Old 11-30-2005, 09:36 AM

Default Re: how do u do a grease job when installing clutch? (schlit)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EJ1 wilcox &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I thought you meant to grease the actual bearing.

But yeah, definately grease your shaft

</TD></TR></TABLE>
i agree 100%, you always gotta grease your shaft before use