Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

How do I take off my side mirrors?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2003, 02:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do I take off my side mirrors?

I have a 99-00 civic coupe and I want to replace the side mirrors with spoon mirrors, but I can't figure out how to take the mirrors out. Can someone tell me how to take it out?

[Modified by DiSbaDbOi, 3:13 PM 2/26/2003]
Old 02-26-2003, 02:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: How do I take off my side mirrors? (DiSbaDbOi)

pop off the cap at the end of the adjustment rod, unscrew the screw holding on the handle, pull off the triangle cover deal (to use the technical term), unbolt the three 8mm bolts, drop one into the door panel, pull the door panel off and cuss a lot, get the bolt, eat it, try to put the panel on for an hour, get it on and **** up your lock mechanism, take the panel back off to fix the lock, put the panel back on, mount your new mirrors and screw in the three screws, stick on the double sided tape, slap on the mirror, adjust it, find you don't like to the positioning of the passenger side, try to fix it by breaking the glass, cuss a lot, realize it wasn't that bad to begin with, wonder why you fucked with it, eat the shards of glass and poop them out and eat them again, find out no one can make convex blue tinted glass, cuss some more, punch your grandma in the face, get new flat mirrors cut at a glass store. get a helm manual as well. hi-yah. i'd glad i bought the knock offs and not the real ones because this experience would have made me chop off my very own head for real.
Old 02-26-2003, 02:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How do I take off my side mirrors? (DiSbaDbOi)

remove all the screws on your door panel, including the ones around your speaker by the floor. once all the screws are removed, pull gently around the edges of the panel to pop out the plastic screw things that hold your panel onto your door. after the panel is removed, once again pull gently on the black triangular coveron the inside of your mirror and pop it off. unscrew the 3 bolts and remove the mirror housing
Old 02-26-2003, 03:16 PM

Default Re: How do I take off my side mirrors? (isotopesope)

pop off the cap at the end of the adjustment rod, unscrew the screw holding on the handle, pull off the triangle cover deal (to use the technical term), unbolt the three 8mm bolts, drop one into the door panel, pull the door panel off and cuss a lot, get the bolt, eat it, try to put the panel on for an hour, get it on and **** up your lock mechanism, take the panel back off to fix the lock, put the panel back on, mount your new mirrors and screw in the three screws, stick on the double sided tape, slap on the mirror, adjust it, find you don't like to the positioning of the passenger side, try to fix it by breaking the glass, cuss a lot, realize it wasn't that bad to begin with, wonder why you fucked with it, eat the shards of glass and poop them out and eat them again, find out no one can make convex blue tinted glass, cuss some more, punch your grandma in the face, get new flat mirrors cut at a glass store. get a helm manual as well. hi-yah. i'd glad i bought the knock offs and not the real ones because this experience would have made me chop off my very own head for real.
ouch sounds like you didn't have fun doing your mirrors