Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

How do I remove front bumper on my EK civic?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2005, 06:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Land of the Hillbillies and Shotguns, Ontario, Canada
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do I remove front bumper on my EK civic?

Hey guys I'm purchasing an HID conversion kit. I would like to remove the front bumper, and mount ballasts inside the fender of my vehicle to keep them safe
Old 08-31-2005, 06:53 PM
Trial User

Default Re: How do I remove front bumper on my EK civic? (Rayz_Si)

put the car on a lift, start pulling splash guards, once those are out of the way, youll see the bolts to pull your bumper...
Old 08-31-2005, 06:54 PM

so your question is about removing a bumper?, thats easy, pop the hood, take the front clipps out like 5 of them in the middle of the grill, then a screw on the sides of the fender that holds the bumper, then another screw on the sides close to the wheel well, then there should be 3 bolts in the middle under part of the car thats it.. just bolts and screws and clips.
Old 08-31-2005, 06:56 PM
Trial User

Default Re: How do I remove front bumper on my EK civic? (Toxidomask)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Toxidomask &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so your question is about removing a bumper?, thats easy, pop the hood, take the front clipps out like 5 of them in the middle of the grill, then a screw on the sides of the fender that holds the bumper, then another screw on the sides close to the wheel well, then there should be 3 bolts in the middle under part of the car thats it.. just bolts and screws and clips. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 08-31-2005, 07:11 PM

don't touch your car.
Old 08-31-2005, 07:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanx alot brothers!
Old 08-31-2005, 07:12 PM
* B A N N E D *

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: How do I remove front bumper on my EK civic? (ROK801)

No offense but your getting a HID retrofit and you didn't know how to search for bolts to take off the bumper?

I'm not insulting you, but if you feel you may not be able to properly install this kit, might be safer to keep the car stock, cause a bad HID kit could blind people. But if you really want to, stay on here and we'll give ya the info.
Toxido is right, its pretty simple, just when you unscrew the plastic ones, be careful not to pry too hard, they can break fairly easily.
Old 03-21-2006, 06:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How do I remove front bumper on my EK civic? (Redline96LX)

Alright guys, iv'e done it like 3 times so far and pretty much got the hang of it woo-hoo!!
Old 03-21-2006, 07:02 PM

Go0d deal but next time try the search option, theres been like hundres of treads covering bumber removal
Old 03-23-2006, 01:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How do I remove front bumper on my EK civic? (M2nR22)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by M2nR22 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Go0d deal but next time try the search option, theres been like hundres of treads covering bumber removal </TD></TR></TABLE><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by M2nR22 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Go0d deal but next time try the search option, theres been like hundres of treads covering bumber removal </TD></TR></TABLE>

thanks, for sure i will man. That was one of my first posts when i didn't know better than to search first. HONDA-TECH rockzzz!!!!
Old 03-23-2006, 03:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How do I remove front bumper on my EK civic? (vsm98civic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vsm98civic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">don't touch your car.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes, I'm slightly concerned that you are about to install HID's and you can't figure out how to get your bumper off
Old 03-23-2006, 05:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How do I remove front bumper on my EK civic? (Sh!ttyLS)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Sh!ttyLS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Yes, I'm slightly concerned that you are about to install HID's and you can't figure out how to get your bumper off </TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL Aggghhh come on. I wanted to hear it from people who have removed it, to make the job easier and quicker. I would have figured it out of coarse, but in a much longer time, atleast i have confidence hearing the many tips from users.

It's okay I've re and re'd the front bumper 3 times and it's cake. The HID kit, piece of cake thanks god! I'm just starting to get experinced with these hondas now so bear with me.
Old 03-23-2006, 05:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Rayz_Si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">LOL Aggghhh come on. I wanted to hear it from people who have removed it, to make the job easier and quicker. I would have figured it out of coarse, but in a much longer time, atleast i have confidence hearing the many tips from users.

It's okay I've re and re'd the front bumper 3 times and it's cake. The HID kit, piece of cake thanks god! I'm just starting to get experinced with these hondas now so bear with me.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Haha it's cool man I'm just giving you a hard time
Old 03-23-2006, 05:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

It's cool, just feel free to ask questions. I started working on my Honda with the intake first. Honestly took me half an hour to do, the damn stock box wouldn't come the hell out.
Old 03-24-2006, 01:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How do I remove front bumper on my EK civic? (SovXietday)

Thanks alot guys, I also remember the first time I installed an intake (that's like the first mod everyone and myself does). I look back at what i didn't know, and look at all the stuff I know now. I owe it all to the helping people like you guys.

This honda-tech forum is all about helping, educating, and understanding everything about your honda. This forum is the number one forum out there!
Old 03-24-2006, 01:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I dunno if its just me, but ive removed and reinstalled the bumper so many times the screws dont grip on to the clips on the wheel wells anymore
Old 03-24-2006, 02:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How do I remove front bumper on my EK civic? (Rev2Eight_EM1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Rev2Eight_EM1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I dunno if its just me, but ive removed and reinstalled the bumper so many times the screws dont grip on to the clips on the wheel wells anymore </TD></TR></TABLE>

You know what? Iv'e been worrying about that so much which is why i try not to take off the bumper unescessarily. Those clips should be easy to replace. I think they should pop out if you carefully and delicatly pry gently trying not to bend or scratch your paint finish. Those clips should be easy to find from your Honda Dealer