Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 04:31 AM
J2o
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do I make my silver 99 Civic EX look like Si in picture

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...t:429,r:0,s:0/

EDITED: Okay, what i'm sticking with :
Electron Blue Pearl or Rally Blue(STI blue?)
R-type Lips(front and rear)
halo projector

Undecided:
Rims, 15 or 18 inch wheels,
Si Tailight
bumper? grill?

I think i could use more feedback on how to make my car clean as possible. I forgot to mention that my stock car also came with an ugly stock wing.

I'm trying to make my silver EX look alot like that Si car above. Sorry, cant find the front angle though. What bumpers, side skirts, lips, wings, wheel, head/tail light do i have to look for? I want to know how to make wheels look like that as well such as do i have to know suspension..rim inch or whatever it take to make it looked like that.

I got some uninstalled R Type ply lips and a pending body paint job. I think the color is Rally blue or STI Blue(whatever the color is that).

Any suggestion? It can be something closer to that kind. Thanks.

Last edited by J2o; 09-10-2010 at 12:40 PM.
Old 09-10-2010, 05:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 44 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Re: How do I make my silver 99 Civic EX look like Si in picture

A good thread title is required and helps you get more responses by letting members know what specific information you need:

https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/threads-must-summarize-technical-problem-title-list-car-details-first-post-2809571/

Thread title edited.
Old 09-10-2010, 08:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ok man first off that car you have a picture of it not anything close to what a si looks like. but if you want your car to look like a stock si you will need si wheels ($300-350) a si grille ($100ish) a front lip which sounds like you have a replica of but a OEM one runs you around (150ish). that is just the exterior for the interior the pattern on the seats is different so new seats all the way around, new cluster (175ish) new center heat and radio control they run about the same as a cluster. Then the engine is different you have a d16y8 and the si came with a b16a2, it also has a rear swaybar and stiffer springs, and lastly rear disc breaks. so you will need to know how to install or find someone to install what you want to put on the car. my suggestion is to search and keep an eye on the marketplace for some good deals.

ooh yeah the color of that car you have pictured is EBP (electric blue pearl) it is a OEM si color. you would also have to paint your side skirts to match the car.
Old 09-10-2010, 08:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

this is what a stock si looks like

http://media.photobucket.com/image/9...e_red_1999.jpg

they came in black, blue, and red
Old 09-10-2010, 08:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

DONT get those taillights
DONT get that body kit
DONT get that spoiler

and maybe others things i cant see but it better to make it look like that picture speedoking put up and drop it.

but then again its ur likes........
Old 09-10-2010, 08:54 AM
Crazy Honda Guy

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

That car could be any model civic coupe, it just has a lip kit (which i do not like), and the spoiler....it is a 3 piece model. It's bulky and weights a ton!! A buddy bought a car with that spoiler, the trunk lid weighed so much, it could take someones head off, lol

Nobody ever thinks about the practical side of mods....you should
Old 09-10-2010, 09:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First off, I don't like that car. I just have to say it. That look is played out and will mostly just make Honda owners look worse. But, if you want something just like it, go for it. As they say, "It's your car"

Second, the fact that you are asking about how to do EVERYTHING to make your car look like this shows that you inexperienced. Now, there is nothing wrong with that, everyone has to start somewhere.

However, people who are inexperienced with cars typically do things to them that either A) Hurt the car OR B) They regret later when they learn more.

My advice would be to wait and learn about how to do these things and learn about how they work. Looks like you'll need to know about suspension work, rim and tire combos, and bodywork mostly. Here are some links:

https://honda-tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes-54/

http://www.superhonda.com/forum/f27/...cs-terms-5732/

https://honda-tech.com/forums/wheel-tire-56/

https://honda-tech.com/forums/paint-body-84/

You can search more on your own.

Maybe after you have learned quite a bit, you won't want to add all that nonsense to the car. Trust me when I say it is WELL worth the effort to learn about your car. You will make much smarter decisions and save yourself time and money in the long run.

(Btw, that color looks to be the electron blue that comes STOCK on an Si).
Old 09-10-2010, 09:18 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

How do I make my silver 99 Civic EX look like Si in picture
Spend a lot of money and regret it a week down the road.

Hell, who knows if you'd even find the time to put the **** on when you buy it. It'll go on CL for half off then.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:22 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

why would you want your car to look like that??

and the color is electron blue pearl
Old 09-10-2010, 09:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ebay
Old 09-10-2010, 11:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Oh man.
Old 09-10-2010, 12:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Buy my Fully built b16 vtech head and just smash on that foos car; who cares how ugly ur silver EX is if he can't see u?
Old 09-10-2010, 12:13 PM
J2o
Trial User

Those are some good advices in here.I knew the picture has to be taken at different angle and I think you would have to go in person to actually see it. This is why I'm glad that I signed up to double-check with you guys. So you can't blame a guy for taken a sudden interest in a such a a good-looking but deceiving car.

I originally only wanted to add front and rear R-type lips to my current stock car before i found that picture. I have researched that only a front lip is enough, but I got a great deal for getting rear and front for one price.

But then, I suddenly receive a hookup to a free body paint. I guess I got excited about that so I started looking for paint color code and that's when I found that picture.

Think the front and rear lips and the paint color electron blue would be good enough for my car? I just wanted to keep my car simple and thanks for not letting me go over my head.
Old 09-10-2010, 12:20 PM
no one wants to hear the truth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

your gonna need a flux capacitor to do that...
Old 09-10-2010, 12:28 PM
J2o
Trial User

Originally Posted by RonJ@HT
A good thread title is required and helps you get more responses by letting members know what specific information you need:

https://honda-tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2809571

Thread title edited.
I will try as soon as I can find that option to reedit the title.

Originally Posted by SpeedoKing
ok man first off that car you have a picture of it not anything close to what a si looks like. but if you want your car to look like a stock si you will need si wheels ($300-350) a si grille ($100ish) a front lip which sounds like you have a replica of but a OEM one runs you around (150ish)....

ooh yeah the color of that car you have pictured is EBP (electric blue pearl) it is a OEM si color. you would also have to paint your side skirts to match the car.
Thanks. I will look into the wheels. As I said earlier, I probably dont need bumper but just the lip will do.

Originally Posted by panchlow
DONT get those taillights
DONT get that body kit
DONT get that spoiler

and maybe others things i cant see but it better to make it look like that picture speedoking put up and drop it.

but then again its ur likes........
I actually thought putting body kit, spoiler and other stuff was unappealing but i think I only want to swap out for that tailight. I thought the car in the picture is already in factory default but it looked too good so i thought there were additional parts on it. Just asking.

Originally Posted by Bwill9886
First off, I don't like that car. I just have to say it. That look is played out and will mostly just make Honda owners look worse. But, if you want something just like it, go for it. As they say, "It's your car"

Second, the fact that you are asking about how to do EVERYTHING to make your car look like this shows that you inexperienced. Now, there is nothing wrong with that, everyone has to start somewhere.

However, people who are inexperienced with cars typically do things to them that either A) Hurt the car OR B) They regret later when they learn more.

My advice would be to wait and learn about how to do these things and learn about how they work. Looks like you'll need to know about suspension work, rim and tire combos, and bodywork mostly. Here are some links:

https://honda-tech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54

http://www.superhonda.com/forum/f27/...cs-terms-5732/

https://honda-tech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56

https://honda-tech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=84

You can search more on your own.

Maybe after you have learned quite a bit, you won't want to add all that nonsense to the car. Trust me when I say it is WELL worth the effort to learn about your car. You will make much smarter decisions and save yourself time and money in the long run.

(Btw, that color looks to be the electron blue that comes STOCK on an Si).
Thanks, I kinda wanted more of a rally blue color on my car. I did researched the past week, but your opinion definitely helped. I will be looking into those websites for my money's worth.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:07 PM
pm4nudes

I want a free paint job.
Old 09-11-2010, 06:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How do I make my silver 99 Civic EX look like ricer Si in picture

Originally Posted by J2o
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...t:429,r:0,s:0/

EDITED: Okay, what i'm sticking with :
halo projector

Undecided:
Si Tailight
bumper? grill?

I think i could use more feedback on how to make my car clean as possible. I forgot to mention that my stock car also came with an ugly stock wing.

I'm trying to make my silver EX look alot like that Si car above. Sorry, cant find the front angle though. What bumpers, side skirts, lips, wings, wheel, head/tail light do i have to look for? I want to know how to make wheels look like that as well such as do i have to know suspension..rim inch or whatever it take to make it looked like that.

I got some uninstalled R Type ply lips and a pending body paint job. I think the color is Rally blue or STI Blue(whatever the color is that).

Any suggestion? It can be something closer to that kind. Thanks.
and don't forget the DOHC VTEC Sticker defiently goes good with your d16y8
Old 09-11-2010, 06:48 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Okay, what i'm sticking with :
halo projector

Undecided:
Si Tailight
bumper? grill?
You are definitely not going to make your car clean like that. And the stock wings aren't ugly, far from it in fact. Also, what are SI taillights? The ones in the picture aren't. Those are ugly *** altezza tails, ughh.
Old 09-11-2010, 07:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

That car looks like dog ****
Old 09-11-2010, 10:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just an FYI, the ebay halo projectors may "look nice" to some (I think they mostly ugly) but they are NOT very functional.

Visibility takes a dive and people I know who have them/have had them mostly spend their time fixing/replacing parts or bulbs for them.

And yeah, as SpecialBrownie said, those taillights in the picture are not stock. They are ebay "altezza" taillights, and are associated with "ricer" cars.
Old 09-11-2010, 08:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You should start with a 5in muffler. It will give you like 30whp and then add the supporting mods like halo projectors, nos stickers, body kits, hood scoops, neons, gauge pods, a system, and lambo doors. Then go to the interior, I would start the interior with painted vents, trim, and center console. Then move on to mogin racing seats and a skull shift ****. And to finish the car zip tie an intercooler to the bumper. That's a million times better than an SI.