Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

How do i install front speakers? Im looking at the connection, and it looks like i might have to cut

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2005, 09:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do i install front speakers? Im looking at the connection, and it looks like i might have to cut

Do i have to? Cause my aftermarket speakers seem like i have to cut the wiring and re crimp it wtih some connectors so they hook up to the speakers. Is this the case? Or am i missing something here?
Old 12-27-2005, 09:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How do i install front speakers? Im looking at the connection, and it looks like i might have to

If you bought aftermarket speakers, you can cut and crimp on butt (or maybe spade?) connectors. I suggest going to a stereo shop and getting a connector that plugs into the OEM connector and has two leads that will fit onto the speaker with the proper connectors.

Old 12-27-2005, 09:43 AM

Default Re: How do i install front speakers? Im looking at the connection, and it looks like i might have to

i installed my front speakers, i had to cut and strip wires and then sauderd them together, it doesnt take that long and will save you some money
Old 12-27-2005, 09:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

What do u mean together? Theres 2 wires right? I was thinking of doing like the guy suggested above and getting connectors with the butts at the end so it can fit the speaker connections. i dont get why the fronts had to be this way, my rear speaker stock connections didnt have this problem...
Old 12-27-2005, 09:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Matador &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Theres 2 wires right? I was thinking of doing like the guy suggested above and getting connectors with the butts at the end so it can fit the speaker connections. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes, there is a positive and a negative; I'm not sure what he means either. The reason I suggest the clips, is just that it's easier than soldering to go back to stock, and you can't mix up the pos and neg wires.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Matador &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> i dont get why the fronts had to be this way, my rear speaker stock connections didnt have this problem...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Really? Both my front and rears have harness connectors, I beleive.

Old 12-27-2005, 10:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

OK one more thing, im looking at the wires, and theres one blue wire with white stripes, and the other one is white with a black line down it. WHich is positive and which is negative?
Old 12-27-2005, 02:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

buy a speaker harness from bestbuy or something. Like $5 keep it stock.