Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

How do I get rid of a shell???

Old 12-29-2006, 04:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do I get rid of a shell???

My gf wrecked her car and I stripped it all down. Now... I don't know wtf to do with the shell. We broke up the other day and that **** is still in my garage. How do i get rid of it??? I don't even know where to start/who to call.
Old 12-29-2006, 04:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How do I get rid of a shell??? (kuja396)

lol, post something in the for sale section, maybe someone will give it a lil TLC, or you can tow it to a junkyard?
Old 12-29-2006, 04:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: How do I get rid of a shell??? (E-Money)

If you have the pink slip i think Pick Your Part will pick it up, might cost you 50 bucks depending on whats still on the car.
Old 12-29-2006, 04:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How do I get rid of a shell??? (E-Money)

Naw the junkyard doesn't want it... I mean its DONE. To get the engine out i pretty much cut the front end completely off. Plus the rear corner panel is messed up pretty bad also. And when i say stripped i mean it... it has nothing of value left on it at all. its bare.
Old 12-29-2006, 04:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Luserkid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you have the pink slip i think Pick Your Part will pick it up, might cost you 50 bucks depending on whats still on the car. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Thats the thing, the GF and I broke up, and its in her name... I have the title but damn man... I don't know if she is going to help me do this.. Anyone have any idea what would happen if i left it on the side of the road somewhere?I just don't see how this is gonna work..
Old 12-29-2006, 04:33 PM

One of my buddies had a similiar problem with a mark II golf shell he wanted to get rid of. He just bought a big-*** metal blade for a sawzall and cut the shell into manageable pieces then loaded them into the back of his dad's pickup and threw them away like normal garabage.

I'm not sure it's legal, but that's one way to do it.
Old 12-29-2006, 04:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How do I get rid of a shell??? (Fiero)

Yeah I was thinking about doing the same exact thing... What a pain in the ***. I just dont want some crazy **** to happen and someone think that I stole something. Especially if the ex tries to act cute and report it as stolen.... Know what I mean?

Anyone ever heared of http://www.junkmycar.com ? Sounds to good to be true.
Old 12-29-2006, 04:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

**** just put 4 spare tires and pull it to the street and leave it there.
Old 12-29-2006, 04:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How do I get rid of a shell??? (sit22 II)

hhahahah I was thinking about that too. This bitch did me wrong.. It already has some steelies on it! I took the rims off of it already, I mean this car is DONE lol. The only thing of value is the back window and the two rear windows, but thats only cuz i dont know how to get them out.
Old 12-29-2006, 04:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

damn, I just looked and I can't find the title for that car.. I bet she took it with her when she moved out.. What happens when you leave something like that on the side of the road? I see it all of the time, the car sits there, it gets some sort of sticker, and then after like three days it goes away. Does the owner get charged for it or what? I dont think taking it to a metal yard is gonna work without a title... especially after its not in my name.
Old 12-29-2006, 04:55 PM
be professional

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Salvage junkyards and/or metal scrapyards won't take a car without the title, unless you cut it up into pieces.

If you don't have the title, your best option is probably to have it towed to her house and leave it there. Let her deal with it.

If you do have the title, haul it to a scrapyard. They will give you the value of its weight as scrap steel and then crush it.

Windows can be sold for some cash, so take them out before sending it off to the crusher.
Old 12-29-2006, 05:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How do I get rid of a shell??? (Targa250R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Targa250R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you don't have the title, your best option is probably to have it towed to her house and leave it there. Let her deal with it.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Not sure where she is staying/living. If it wasn't for this... I wouldn't want to know at all..

Can you explain how the cutting up thing works? I mean... its still a car, its jsut cut up lol. Its starting to look more and more like thats what im going to have to do... Unless I leave it on the side of the road and get the city to tow it away, I just dont want the landlord to get charged for it.. Unless of course the person that its registered to gets charged.. that would be ok with me. Its great becuase they are going to have to look it up by the VIN number. no front bumper or trunk

This is what it looks like I can do to get rid of this car...
1. Take it to her house/friends hose and drop it off.
2. Somehow find the title that I'm 90% sure she took and take it to a junkyard.
3. Park it in front of the house and have the City tow it away.
4. Cut it up into little pieces and take it to a metal yard.

Modified by kuja396 at 9:49 PM 12/29/2006
Old 12-29-2006, 05:29 PM
been there done that

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

tow it to her house then dump it on her lawn. sort of a "thinking of you" present

Old 12-29-2006, 05:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How do I get rid of a shell??? (doood)

Yea write like "*****" "bitch" "*** dumpster" and a huge other assortment of nasties in the paint with keys, push it to her house and dump it out front...ooorrrrr put her NAME on it with the same derogatory things and just push it near the highway, so it's like a mobile billboard saying how she screwed you over. Baw haw haw. Revenge is a dish that is best served flaming like hell!
Old 12-29-2006, 05:48 PM
be professional

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kuja396 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Can you explain how the cutting up thing works? I mean... its still a car, its jsut cut up lol.</TD></TR></TABLE>
It's just a legal technicality. As a whole/complete entity, it is a car - which requires a title for proof of ownership, otherwise it could be assumed stolen. Junkyards don't want to deal with potential legal issues of receiving and destroying stolen cars. With the title in hand however, they are the legal owners and can do whatever they want with it.

Cut up into pieces, it is just parts of a car. Parts don't require a title. Thus, they can take the pieces and do whatever with them.
Old 12-29-2006, 05:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Targa250R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
It's just a legal technicality. As a whole/complete entity, it is a car - which requires a title for proof of ownership, otherwise it could be assumed stolen. Junkyards don't want to deal with potential legal issues of receiving and destroying stolen cars. With the title in hand however, they are the legal owners and can do whatever they want with it.

Cut up into pieces, it is just parts of a car. Parts don't require a title. Thus, they can take the pieces and do whatever with them.</TD></TR></TABLE>

saws-all FTMFW
Old 12-29-2006, 06:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i tool my old parts car to a scrap yard a while back they took it the only thing was i had to remove the gas tank and all liquids they gave me like 130$ but it had almost everything on it engine and all never had a title with it
Old 12-29-2006, 06:18 PM

Default Re: How do I get rid of a shell??? (redline75)

Sawzall FTW! You might even get $20 for it at the scrap yard
Old 12-29-2006, 06:27 PM

man kinda sounds like you are trying to get rid of a dead body lol cut it into pieces, leave it on the side of the road haha i am suprised no one said send it six feet under and call it a day id be leave it at your ex's house man
Old 12-29-2006, 06:39 PM
Trial User

dont they got metal yards that buy metal or aluminum or whatever?
Old 12-29-2006, 06:43 PM

Default Re: How do I get rid of a shell??? (bart2546)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bart2546 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yea write like "*****" "bitch" "*** dumpster" and a huge other assortment of nasties in the paint with keys, push it to her house and dump it out front...ooorrrrr put her NAME on it with the same derogatory things and just push it near the highway, so it's like a mobile billboard saying how she screwed you over. Baw haw haw. Revenge is a dish that is best served flaming like hell!</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah this is what i would do too....lol
Old 12-29-2006, 06:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How do I get rid of a shell??? (cali_invasions)

lmao guys, I'm glad you guys are feeling this **** thing, fing bitch.

Let me repeat, I DONT KNOW WHERE SHE LIVES, we lived together for 4 years and she up and ******* leaves me... for no reason... all i can say for you guys with gf's, dont let them biches get on my space.. that shiet is deadly for a relationship

How long would it take to drop a gas tank and cut that **** into pieces?

Can someone awnser this for me: If I leave it in the road right in front of my house will I or the homeowner get a ticket? Or will the person that actually owns it get a possible ticket? I wouldnt want that to happen, and the car is in her name (the ****)
Old 12-29-2006, 07:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How do I get rid of a shell??? (bart2546)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bart2546 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yea write like "*****" "bitch" "*** dumpster" and a huge other assortment of nasties in the paint with keys, push it to her house and dump it out front...ooorrrrr put her NAME on it with the same derogatory things and just push it near the highway, so it's like a mobile billboard saying how she screwed you over. Baw haw haw. Revenge is a dish that is best served flaming like hell!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Lmfao! this has happend to you too huh? Im feeling you bud I guess I could drive it to her parent's house, they live like 20 mins away lol. but i dont have a trailer for it is the only problem
Old 12-29-2006, 07:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I took some pics for you guys, took my car out of the garage and everything Both of my cars are super dirty and its raining haha.

Old 12-29-2006, 07:35 PM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Mirrors, stock tail lights, dash harness...there's still a lot there dude.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How do I get rid of a shell???