Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

how do I convert Civic sedan interior from tan to black

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 04:47 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how do I convert Civic sedan interior from tan to black

I have a 1992 Honda Civic DX sedan that came from the factory with tan and grey interior and I was wondering is there any possible way to completely convert the interior to black including the climate control assembly without paint because I’ve heard that over time the paint chips and looks horrible and I want this car to be perfect because I plan on putting it in car shows in the near future. I noticed that the 3 door VX Civics and some coupe and hatchback Civics came from the factory with black interior but I was wondering is the dash in the coupes and hatchbacks the same as in the sedans besides the colors and if only the coupes and 3 door civics came with black interior how would I convert the rear door panels without paint. any help would be greatly appreciated and lastly if there is no way to convert the climate control assembly to black without paint how can I put a 96-98 Civic climate control assembly in my 92. I have seen many forums on how someone can put a 92 Civic climate control assembly in a 96 Civic but nothing on putting a 96 Civic Climate control assembly in a 92 Civic. Any help on this too would be appreciated but if anybody can find pictures with the instructions it would be awesome because I tend to understand things better with pictures than just by reading.

Last edited by Mattpair88; 05-13-2012 at 04:49 AM. Reason: Wrong Title
Old 05-13-2012, 05:31 AM
The Grumpiest

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Re: how do I convert Civic sedan interior from tan to black

Without paint? Find all black interior pieces or vinyl wrap everything. Other wise there is no way.

I also don't see the point in swapping climate controls from one gen Civic to another.
Old 05-13-2012, 05:38 AM
Resident Gearhead

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by grumblemarc
Without paint? Find all black interior pieces or vinyl wrap everything. Other wise there is no way.

I also don't see the point in swapping climate controls from one gen Civic to another.
/thread pretty much

The swapping climate controls deal sounds like a headache.

I converted my '92's interior from gray to black. It wasn't hard, I thought it was kinda fun. The dashboard was the hardest part, even then it was more time consuming than it was difficult.

It may be tough to find all the black interior pieces you need.

Old 07-25-2012, 06:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have painted many interior parts when i worked in a car dealership. You can buy vinyl paint from Dupont and it looks perfect but I think a junk yard trip would be much cheaper.
Old 07-25-2012, 08:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

car shows?

drop it off at an auto interior shop along with a check for 2500 and let them worry about it.

if your serious about car shows....start going to them. Everyone has black interior..that isnt going to get you recognition at a show. Unique...thats what gets you noticed. Climate controls? pfft....thats just space holders for boost gauges! lol

tan interior can be DOPE..... and who has it? nobody

tan recaro's are great, lol
Old 07-25-2012, 08:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by redm3turbo
car shows?

drop it off at an auto interior shop along with a check for 2500 and let them worry about it.

if your serious about car shows....start going to them. Everyone has black interior..that isnt going to get you recognition at a show. Unique...thats what gets you noticed. Climate controls? pfft....thats just space holders for boost gauges! lol

tan interior can be DOPE..... and who has it? nobody

tan recaro's are great, lol
Looks good!