Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

How do I change my radiator support? ... and other Q's.

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2003, 08:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do I change my radiator support? ... and other Q's.

I have a 95 Civic Sedan DX.

I got sandwiched between 2 of my buddies last summer (my civic in between a mirage and an accord). I have a little damage in a lot of parts, I want to do as much of the repair as I can. What is necessary to replace my radiator support? Just bolts? Are there welds?? If there are, do I really need to weld it back on?? And same goes for fender.

Also, has anyone put on the #1 Z3 fenders? They have them at NOPI for pretty much the same price as OEM fenders (maybe less). Do they fit well?? It's fiberglass so I'm assumming they don't really dent.
Old 01-05-2003, 08:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How do I change my radiator support? ... and other Q's. (Shreik)

yes there are welds- haha and yes u have to get it welded-- and.. as far as z3 fenders-- i could tell u from a "jerk" point of view and say they are gay-- or i can tell u straight up an honest reason not to get them- most every fiberglass fender dosent fit good at all- get used fenders from a junk yard--- if u REALLLY like the Z3 look- they sell just the vent u can mold into the medal fender-- it will be way nicer that way-- i personally would just stay with stock fenders they fit perfect of course---

peace
Old 01-05-2003, 09:14 PM

Default Re: How do I change my radiator support? ... and other Q's. (Kimo)

thanks, now i gotta see how hard that would be to do.

i was mainly interested in the fenders b/c it was the same price as OEM and I wanted to get some mod out of this repair (since a body kit is WAY more expensive than new bumpers).

Sorry if I'm not talking about performance upgrades, but short of an engine swap there's not much i can do to a DX. SOHC 1.5L w/o VTEC. I'll blow that thing if i push it with anything like a turbo, or dare I say it..... Nitrous.
Old 01-05-2003, 09:35 PM
New User

yes your radiator is spot welded on,...you can however if you are low on cash,..just drill out the spot welds or wedge a screw driver and hammer it to break the welds,..then bolt on the new radiator,..this is if you are low on cash,..i have done this and my radiator support on one of my cars is doing just fine
Old 01-05-2003, 09:45 PM

IAlso, has anyone put on the #1 Z3 fenders? They have them at NOPI for pretty much the same price as OEM fenders (maybe less). Do they fit well?? It's fiberglass so I'm assumming they don't really dent.
z3 fenders. haha.
Old 01-07-2003, 07:22 PM

Default Re: How do I change my radiator support? ... and other Q's. (WiDeBoDyEK)

assuming i get the radiator support, and bolt everything on and all that. could i take it to a shop or a welder and just get them to do the welds?? if possible, does anybody have an idea how much they would charge?
Old 01-07-2003, 07:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I rear ended a car a while back and had to get basaclly what your gettin and a hood. i just took it to a body shop and got a quote. and let them do their magic. i got 2 new fenders,, hood, bumper and radiator support. parts and labor and paintin came to arround 800. not bad for what was replaced.
Old 01-07-2003, 09:19 PM

Default Re: How do I change my radiator support? ... and other Q's. (Soulless)

I rear ended a car a while back and had to get basaclly what your gettin and a hood. i just took it to a body shop and got a quote. and let them do their magic. i got 2 new fenders,, hood, bumper and radiator support. parts and labor and paintin came to arround 800. not bad for what was replaced.
800 isnt bad at all. did they do a good job for that price??