Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

How do I adjust my Halo Projectors

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 09:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do I adjust my Halo Projectors

Ok, well I just bought these really sweet halo projectors for my civic and it seems like one side shines higher than the other. I've heard that there is a way to adjust your headlights with a phillips screw driver, but now that i've changed the headlights, is it any different? and how much do i turn before its even? thanks.
Old 03-16-2006, 09:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How do I adjust my Halo Projectors (4dr-Si)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 4dr-Si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ok, well I just bought these really sweet halo projectors for my civic and it seems like one side shines higher than the other. I've heard that there is a way to adjust your headlights with a phillips screw driver, but now that i've changed the headlights, is it any different? and how much do i turn before its even? thanks.</TD></TR></TABLE>

prob shines dif cause there knock offs..
Old 03-16-2006, 10:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

probably... but I'm sure you could put a few washers behind where they connect on top, to space it out a little and aim the light down some.
Old 03-17-2006, 09:33 AM

I also have halo projecters on my EJ1 and they do shine a little different, both of mine shine more to the left, i havn't figured it out yet, but i have a question too... One of my halo's went out, do you know if its a connection or a bulb???
Old 03-17-2006, 10:44 AM

Default Re: (Civic_Bitch)

its the connection.... mine does that from time to time
Old 03-21-2006, 08:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (CiViCgT32)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Civic_Bitch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I also have halo projecters on my EJ1 and they do shine a little different, both of mine shine more to the left, i havn't figured it out yet, but i have a question too... One of my halo's went out, do you know if its a connection or a bulb???</TD></TR></TABLE>
search on here..theres a thread that talks about this... your halos are LED's and your running them on a 12v circuit... they're all being over powered and will blow out within a month or so. thats what mine did... someone talked about how to fix them.. your suppose to buy a resistor to convert the current from 3mA to 10mA...something like that... i cant remember.. if you search for it you should find it.
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CiViCgT32 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">its the connection.... mine does that from time to time</TD></TR></TABLE>stop it with the ghetto twisty tie wiring and youll be fine bust out the solder iron and do it right the first time. <TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 4dr-Si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ok, well I just bought these really sweet halo projectors for my civic and it seems like one side shines higher than the other. I've heard that there is a way to adjust your headlights with a phillips screw driver, but now that i've changed the headlights, is it any different? and how much do i turn before its even? thanks.</TD></TR></TABLE>
YES.. there is. if i had a camera right now id take a picture of mine and show you. I have the Sonar model. theres 2 i believe for EACH lamp... to screws that when you turn the one, it moves it up and down (the light beam that is) and when you turn the other, it moves it left to right. its hard to get to cuz its really tight in there since its a once piece lamp. Goodluck...
btw... your gonna have to do this about once every 3 months if you have a bouncy suspension..theyll shake right back to pointing down lol ...sucks