Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

how come you delete my topic?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 09:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how come you delete my topic? question for intakes.

can you guys tell me which intake is better for my 00 honda civic si. one is aem cold intake, the other one is injen cold intake. both them are legit? thank you so much
Old 09-04-2007, 09:23 PM
* B A N N E D *

the difference is negligible...
Old 09-04-2007, 09:26 PM

Default Re: how come you delete my topic? question for intakes. (inbornchief)

dude a pipes a pipe... name brand or not your not going to see that much of a difference. get a ebay one and it will do the same thing as aem or injen. both are good though... aem has cool colors.
Old 09-04-2007, 09:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

its not gonna make a difference whichever you keep.
Old 09-04-2007, 09:37 PM

Mike

Lowes bent tubing FTW!!!
Old 09-04-2007, 09:49 PM

Default Re: how come you delete my topic? question for intakes. (Mike"IAMSLOW"Myers)

lol lowes bent tubing. any ebay intake will be fine its the filter u should be worring about. get an ebay one and go to pep boys or autozone and pick up a k&n cone filter and ull be fine.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:08 PM

Mike

Default Re: how come you delete my topic? question for intakes. (cartune network)

Dude, fo sho!

Lowes tubing wrapped in electrical tape and a cone filter will do you just good if not better then the small tubing provided by aem, injen or k&n. And you'll save around $200-$300.

Just my .02.
Old 09-05-2007, 12:16 AM

thanks for your guys help, but what is ebay intake? and what is the difference between the short intake and cold air intake? i just have $150, but the cold air intake is $200-$250. i have not enough money now!
Old 09-05-2007, 12:39 AM
New User

save up.
Old 09-05-2007, 03:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: how come you delete my topic? question for intakes. (1llmatic)

An ebay intake is exactly that.....an intake bought off of ebay.

Seriously, you don't need to spend $200 on a shiny piece of pipe with a brand's sticker on it and a filter...order a $10 one off of ebay and go get a new filter for it and call it a day.
Old 09-05-2007, 04:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

try to understand

if you buy a $20 ebay intake or a 200 aem intake, you will get the same results.

the only time i'd recommend an aem is if you're in california and get pulled over by the smog *****.

so in conclusions, if you're outside of the reach of the CHP gestapo, get on ebay, buy an intake.
Old 09-05-2007, 05:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (instrument)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by instrument &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">try to understand

if you buy a $20 ebay intake or a 200 aem intake, you will get the same results.

the only time i'd recommend an aem is if you're in california and get pulled over by the smog *****.

so in conclusions, if you're outside of the reach of the CHP gestapo, get on ebay, buy an intake.</TD></TR></TABLE>

^^ Well said.

Since I live in CA, this is what I would do. I would retain my stock air box and search the marketplace for someone selling a used CARB certified AEM in the marketplace. Pick it up if its cheap and use the intake arm with the CARB sticker attached along with your stock airbox and a K&N drop filter. If you get pulled over I dont think a cop can say much because all your intake components are smog legal.
Old 09-05-2007, 06:48 PM

Default Re: (95ProjectEJ1)

i live in CA too. so i have to buy a legal intake, just the big bank's intake is legal here, i i have no choice! hey, 95ProjectEJ1, your idea sounds good, can you give me some detail about how to do that?
Old 09-05-2007, 06:53 PM
* B A N N E D *

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95ProjectEJ1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

^^ Well said.

Since I live in CA, this is what I would do. I would retain my stock air box and search the marketplace for someone selling a used CARB certified AEM in the marketplace. Pick it up if its cheap and use the intake arm with the CARB sticker attached along with your stock airbox and a K&N drop filter. If you get pulled over I dont think a cop can say much because all your intake components are smog legal. </TD></TR></TABLE>

umm why not just get the K&N drop in filter...? why would you get an AEM pipe, better noise? lol
Old 09-05-2007, 06:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (inbornchief)

If you have the stock airbox already all you would need to do it hunt down a used AEM carb certified intake in the marketplace. Make sure it has the carb cert sticker. From there all you would have to do is remove the rubber intake tube on your stock box and attach the aluminum AEM carb cert intake arm. Hook up your crankcase vent tube or w/e its called and you should be good to go I would imagine.
Old 09-05-2007, 06:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hel just cut the bottom of the air box out around the bolt mounts with a hax saw and put a k&n filter in it and it just as good as any short ram intake. just noy as Getto looking.

you pop the hood it looks stock but sounds like a short ram.
Old 09-05-2007, 07:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (akunamatta)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by akunamatta &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

umm why not just get the K&N drop in filter...? why would you get an AEM pipe, better noise? lol</TD></TR></TABLE>

I swore I suggested that in his last thread... maybe it was in another intake thread today. I know I have seen at least two others.

Everyone says to use a ebay intake tube (aluminum) with your stock airbox w/ baffle removed. So if you live in CA, why not take it one step further by finding a CARB certified AEM intake tube and doing the same damn thing? It was just a suggestion.
Old 09-05-2007, 07:20 PM

finding a CARB certified AEM intake tube is easy? you mean i just find a used aem intake and just take the tube? or i can just but the aem tube separate? the point is the sticker?
Old 09-05-2007, 07:22 PM
* B A N N E D *

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95ProjectEJ1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Everyone says to use a ebay intake tube (aluminum) with your stock airbox w/ baffle removed. So if you live in CA, why not take it one step further by finding a CARB certified AEM intake tube and doing the same damn thing? It was just a suggestion. </TD></TR></TABLE>

i know but imo it just looks tacky.
Old 09-05-2007, 07:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If you search around in the Marketplace for So Cal or Nor Cal someone is bound to sell one. If its too much of a hassle to find one you can always just remove the baffle on the stock air box and drop in a K&N. You can also just get a cheap Ebay intake and keep your stock airbox just in case you get a ticket and are sent to BAR ref.

But yes, the point of the AEM intake tube I was suggesting is for the sticker.
Old 09-05-2007, 07:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Spend 37 $ and 30 minutes, turn your stockbox into somehting better than any short ram or cold air intake could ever do.
Sweet jesus, This Topic pops up so often that im contemplating doing a DIY writeup on my DIY coldair box using your stockbox and cheap Ebay components.
Old 09-05-2007, 07:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by inbornchief &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">why come you delete my topic?</TD></TR></TABLE>

K&N drop in filter ftmfw
Old 09-05-2007, 07:27 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: (pdiggitydogg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pdiggitydogg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

K&N drop in filter ftmfw</TD></TR></TABLE>

exactly, with the OEM intake arm.
Old 09-05-2007, 07:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re:

Awww... poor kitty.

Yeah, the K&N drop in seems like the best bet.

If the OP is hell bent on an intake system...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 97Ej6mike &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Spend 37 $ and 30 minutes, turn your stockbox into somehting better than any short ram or cold air intake could ever do.
Sweet jesus, This Topic pops up so often that im contemplating doing a DIY writeup on my DIY coldair box using your stockbox and cheap Ebay components.</TD></TR></TABLE>

^^ this would be great. Maybe for CA residents they could substitute a used AEM intake tube for the CARB sticker lol.
Old 09-05-2007, 07:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I actually run the k&n filter with a cut sri arm - spoon kevlar arm-esque

Quick Reply: how come you delete my topic?