Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

how to cancel p/s on my 95 civic?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 10:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to cancel p/s on my 95 civic?

ok im planninig on getting rid of my p/s on my civic i know i have to put some fittings on my rack in pinion where the p/s pump lines connects. but does anybody knows what size of thread it is and where can i find those fittings thanks. i knpw theres a thread about this a diy but cant find it thanl you
Old 03-15-2011, 01:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: how to cancel m p/s on my 95 civic

delete the p/s and replace it with a manuel steering rack.
Old 03-15-2011, 02:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by suthernbred904
delete the p/s and replace it with a manuel steering rack.

touche

and op i call bullshit that you cant find it. just search all threads started by me and my write up should come up. i still left my pictures up because they are usefull.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

first im not changing the rack i dont have too and 2nd kyosoeg6 why that attitude im just looking for help but i guess al HT are these way with attitude and stuff if youguys are just gonna talk amack dont post i need help seriously and ive been trying to look for the size thread not on how to do it i found one but pics are marked as error here on HT but dont know the username but o well i guess imjust wasting my time here ill just go to another forum to ask these question lates
Old 03-15-2011, 09:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I just use a piece of coolant hose, and loop it from one line to the other. This keeps the rack from drying out. The hard part is getting a smooth cut on the lines. You could also just use a couple vacuum caps, and hose clamps if you didn't want to loop it. You don't need to pull the fittings, if you don't want to or "replace the rack". I looped it on my EK. GL
Old 03-15-2011, 09:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 95civickilla
first im not changing the rack i dont have too and 2nd kyosoeg6 why that attitude im just looking for help but i guess al HT are these way with attitude and stuff if youguys are just gonna talk amack dont post i need help seriously and ive been trying to look for the size thread not on how to do it i found one but pics are marked as error here on HT but dont know the username but o well i guess imjust wasting my time here ill just go to another forum to ask these question lates

no attitude i just called bullshit cause there are a thousand threads on here asking stuff thats already been covered. sorrry to get your panties in a knot.

anyways if your planning on keeping your stock rack then why not just unscrew the lines and take a trip to the hardware store to see what size the fittings are.

the reason why i swapped out my steering racks is cause a manual rack is easier to turn than a ps rack made manual.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by kyosoeg6
no attitude i just called bullshit cause there are a thousand threads on here asking stuff thats already been covered. sorrry to get your panties in a knot.

anyways if your planning on keeping your stock rack then why not just unscrew the lines and take a trip to the hardware store to see what size the fittings are.

the reason why i swapped out my steering racks is cause a manual rack is easier to turn than a ps rack made manual.

Ditto
Old 03-15-2011, 09:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Listen to kyosoeg6. You are asking very basic questions that can easily be answered on your own. If you don't understand what you are doing maybe you should do more research instead of expecting people to spoon feed information. Then maybe you will understand why something is done instead of just following instructions blindly.

There is a tool called a thread pitch gauge, comes with most tap and die kits, you should get one. Then you can find out the thread pitch of any bolt.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by flush_EJ1
Listen to kyosoeg6. You are asking very basic questions that can easily be answered on your own. If you don't understand what you are doing maybe you should do more research instead of expecting people to spoon feed information. Then maybe you will understand why something is done instead of just following instructions blindly.

There is a tool called a thread pitch gauge, comes with most tap and die kits, you should get one. Then you can find out the thread pitch of any bolt.

op idk if you have a harbor freight store in your area but i saw a thread pitch kit there for like ten bucks. it will come in handy down the line if you plan on working on your car
Old 03-15-2011, 03:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks for the info guys but is m=the only car i have and i need to do this in one day the only hardware store we have here is home depot and lowes but if theres a thread how do i look for it can i search it or do i need to go page by page. the other thing i cant cut my lines cuz im selling the whole p/s kit
Old 03-15-2011, 04:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks guey i found the thread size here http://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum...ad.php?t=81749
Old 03-15-2011, 11:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 95civickilla
thanks for the info guys but is m=the only car i have and i need to do this in one day the only hardware store we have here is home depot and lowes but if theres a thread how do i look for it can i search it or do i need to go page by page. the other thing i cant cut my lines cuz im selling the whole p/s kit
honestly youre probably better off just buying the right plugs for the holes. to swap a manual rack wil lonly take a few hours but youll immedietly have to take the car to get an alignment
Old 03-16-2011, 09:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: how to cancel p/s on my 95 civic?

sometimes people don't have time to search for threads. Just sayin..
Old 03-19-2011, 02:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah i know im justy buying the correcvt plugs im not changing the rack and pinion
Old 03-20-2011, 01:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You can do this in 5 minutes. If you dont care about your P/s pump, or lines for that matter, Cut them off. Walla. Did this on my 240sx when the P/s pump went out.

Simple, and easy way to do ****.
Old 03-23-2011, 04:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yup but i wanna do it the take my time way jaja and not messs anything up im planning to sell my p/s so thanks though
Old 03-23-2011, 04:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/faq-power-steering-loop-92-95-civics-all-eg-dc-ps-racks-2542314/

Check that thread out.
Old 03-26-2011, 02:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

got it thanks