Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

how bad is auto Theft in texas

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2003, 06:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how bad is auto Theft in texas

Moving to texas soon just wondering if i need to worry about my car getting stolen while im in school or something. someone tell me if honda's are safe in houston thanx.
Old 12-03-2003, 07:15 PM

Default Re: how bad is auto Theft in texas (Turbo92cx)

Man beings how Texas is the biggest of the 50 states of the US it is very bad. I know at least 20 people or so myself that have had cars stolen from them. People are real bad about breaking into them as well. All this is from DFW alone and I know that Houston is just as bad if not worse. Keep your **** locked and your club out.
Old 12-03-2003, 07:21 PM

not too bad here in austin. all depends on what you got and where you keep it...

Old 12-03-2003, 07:33 PM

Default Re: how bad is auto Theft in texas (EGtoDC2)

well im moving there from virginia and theft is pretty bad here my 00 civic coupe was stolen from the mall in the whole 10 min time frame i was there. I am now much more cautious where i park and i also have low jack and an alarm that pages me on my hatch now but the rep from the school im going to said that it is usualy only flashy cars that get stolen so im a little woried cause i have a carbon fiber hood,lip,and spoon duckbill plus the big *** front mount doesnt help. thax for your suggestions.

GOD I HATE THEIVES
Old 12-03-2003, 07:37 PM
Snipper Snapper

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just park ur car in the Garage always, and try to always park it up front where ever you go so it is more visible(bad thing yes, but no one will try to steal it if everyone is watching them).

I know about 5 people or so who have gotten their cars stolen which really sucks.

Just be careful and always stay aware....
Old 12-03-2003, 07:43 PM

a friend of mine bought a new civic in san antonio and that same night they stole him oem wheels. their the one that came on the 2000 civic si. they were nice enough to leave it on two jacks and not on the floor. like everyone said, becareful were u park and make sure no one is tailing u when ur goin home.
Old 12-03-2003, 07:49 PM

Default Re: (electron-eg)

thanx for everyones help i got another question what are the names of some of the good shops down there and how is the racing scene??
Old 12-03-2003, 08:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (Turbo92cx)

It depends on where you're moving.

Are you moving to like...DFW, or Houston, or some obscure town?

Old 12-03-2003, 08:10 PM

Default Re: (Jonathan_EH)

Depends on what kinda of alarm and layers u have on the car, the more **** u have, thives are going to not even try

Cliffort Avangurd G5 unit with Blackjax and Omni Sensor (Full Addon Package, Window up and down and auto start, ect)
Addon Pager Unit 1 Mile Range
Club with Twin Hooks
2 Autolockers (One for Brake and One for Clutch)
Low Jack or a GPS Lockater
And Remove ur Door Locks
THE BOOT For the Tow Trucks

= HARD *** **** to Steal, DIE ALL THIVES I HATE U ALL!
Old 12-03-2003, 08:32 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jonathan_EH &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It depends on where you're moving.

Are you moving to like...DFW, or Houston, or some obscure town?

</TD></TR></TABLE>

im moving to houston
Old 12-03-2003, 08:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Some parts of Houston are going to be as bad as anywhere you can find in the nation.
Old 12-03-2003, 08:45 PM

i am moving to north houston up by some airport..... do u know if there are any performance shops around there
Old 12-03-2003, 08:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Pretty bad IMO friend 94 del sol SI got stolen from his driveway, My dads 95 Civic Ex got stolken at work, Friend 96 integra GSR was stolen in front of a billiard place. Some guy in my complexes CRX was stolen, 2 other people in our del sol club got there cars stolen, (this all in like span off 6 month and many otheres stolen, Its pretty heavy out here im not sure compared to other cities but Dallas is pretty bad same with austin, some dude moved there and the first night his Sol was stolen. So hope that gives you an idea. Bastards that cant earn there own keep they gotta take others....

Oh and i had my rims stolen right in front of my apartment and i was in plain view of my car.
Old 12-03-2003, 08:53 PM

i went to jotech motorsports in dfw. that shop is all speed. they got a 9 sec. civic their. and they have come out tons on import tuner mag. in houston i have heard of "CarBoy"but i have never been their perosnally. go to http://www.texasimports.net they have some links their. watch out for a lot sleeper civics down here. theirs tons in san antonio and dfw. i can imagine houston.
Old 12-03-2003, 08:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Tony from Jotech posts on H-T
Old 12-03-2003, 09:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

texas is a ***** when comming to stolen cars. i been down there 3 times with my car...everytime i'd wake up 4-5 times a nite just to see if it was still out the window. just following the forums when i was planning to move there...scared me like no other.
Old 12-03-2003, 09:03 PM

QUOTE=electron-eg]i went to jotech motorsports in dfw. that shop is all speed. they got a 9 sec. civic their. and they have come out tons on import tuner mag. in houston i have heard of "CarBoy"but i have never been their perosnally. go to http://www.texasimports.net they have some links their. watch out for a lot sleeper civics down here. theirs tons in san antonio and dfw. i can imagine houston.[/QUOTE]
thanx i will check out those shops and that site too im not to worried about sleepers i know all about them we have a ton of sleeper civics in virginia they usualy give up a good race...[
Old 12-03-2003, 09:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Turbo92cx)

If you move to Dallas Intercrew Auto Salon is great, they did my 5 speed swap and have done many of my friends swapa and he has a dyno. Phillip is the owners name. Jo Tech is good to but expensive...
Old 12-03-2003, 09:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (KiDSoL)

Quality has it's price . Jotech all the way Kenny and Tony know there **** and have been around awhile. I wouldn't go anywhere else in texas. Call me biased I guess
Old 12-03-2003, 11:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Houston? Consider it gone

Austin is probably the best out of the large cities in Texas. I do hear of thefts every so often though.
Old 12-03-2003, 11:42 PM

Default Re: how bad is auto Theft in texas (D50boy)

moving to houston...dont park your car at the movies, especially at AMC 24.
Old 12-03-2003, 11:46 PM

Default Re: how bad is auto Theft in texas (avex)

well i do have the club amd low jack and the alarm with the pager/lcd screen that shows me what part of my car has been entered into and im going to buy the 2 of those break lock things one for the clutch and one for the break and i always take out my ecu whenever i park.
Old 12-04-2003, 03:04 AM

damn man..that's hardcore...
Old 12-04-2003, 06:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: how bad is auto Theft in texas (D50boy)

I agree that Austin is better than H-town, or Dallas. You are more likely to lose some CD's & your stereo then your whole car.
Old 12-05-2003, 10:26 AM

Default Re: how bad is auto Theft in texas (DJ_SaNdOz)

Where you're at it seems that it's a pretty safe area to have rims...people around here like to roll their Impalas and Caddilacs. I'd worry about your car getting broken into rather than stolen. People break into cars around here for ANYTHING...spare change. I also find it to be better to NOT have tint if you don't have a system of any sorts. Because if they can't see whats in there and it looks modified, whether it's clean or rice, they want to know what's back there. What are you moving up here for? School? My homeboiz '99 Civic HX has been broken into 3 times the ONLY mods don't to it are take the Civic and the HX badges off and tint it. The first time they stole his jack from the trunk, 2nd time they got the loose change, they did it again and didn't get ****. Now they have NEVER EVER broke into his CRX parked right next to it...Gunmetal, dropped on coilovers, Rota bronze C-8s, because it's not tinted maybe? I don't know, just a guess. I live right by greenspoint (aka gunspoint) mall, so it's a learning experience...just watch out (^_~) pz bro.

Quick Reply: how bad is auto Theft in texas