Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

hot earth grounding?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2002, 07:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hot earth grounding?

anybody have the kit? if so what do you think of it because if all it is is more grounding points then i could almost make my own. if anyone has it please fill me in on the grounding connections, like the two linked locations (ex. valve head cover to front end behind the head light). i know it sounds stupid but if some people are going crazy over it and people like veilside are using it i might as well try it out. thanks guys
Old 10-20-2002, 07:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: hot earth grounding? (delslow94)

im also curious as to whether or not this is BS or a huge marketing scheme...
I cant see how ground the car can give you horsepower
Old 10-20-2002, 11:00 AM

Default Re: hot earth grounding? (555R)

see thats what im wondering too. i understand the whole thing about finding an easier path for the flow of electricity but how much power and the other claims come out of it. so i guess ill just bump it

bump
Old 10-20-2002, 11:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: hot earth grounding? (delslow94)

Here's how I'll try and explain it...

Anyone into car stereo? I used to be.

Have you ever tried to ground an amp using a small guage wire, say 14 or 16? Then run a lot of power to the amp. Amp gets hot, right? Why?

It's because the amp is getting more power than it can adequately ground, and it heats up because of this inefficiency.

If you put on an equal-sized ground cable on in relation tot he power cable, the amp stays cool and clean. It's getting good ground, and being efficient.

I can see engines being the same way. With only 2 VERY small guage wires grounding the engine to the chassis (one off the top of the tranny and one off the front of the block) the engine grounding is very inefficient, as the motor mounts are rubber.

The hot earth system grounds the alternator, starter, block, tranny, and several other things separately, providing better ground by more paths for current to flow.

I haven't used it, yet, but plan to.

And that's how I see it working. Anyone else have any ideas?
Old 10-20-2002, 12:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: hot earth grounding? (Revolveu2)

Some people said it helped with a smoother idle and better throttle response. I also heard from someone on this board that autolink did a dyno of before and after installing an earth grounding system and gained 5hp. Do not know how much of it is true.

If you got some money to spend and want to try it out, just get it. I was curious and was going to make my own but am kind of low of cash right now.

If you want to know where other members have there connections at search the archives for "earthing". HTH