Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Hopefully I can get some help from the civic guys

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2003, 07:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hopefully I can get some help from the civic guys

I have a 99 civic ex "auto". <-- yeah I know.
The car was a gift from the parents, I cant complain about the car being auto. And please dont suggest selling it, swapping the tranny, swapping the motor, or any of that.

I want to run nitrous on it. A 50-shot. I dont know much about nitrous. I have read some stuff about it and am still learning as amuch as I can.

I want to know what all I will need to run a basic dry kit, 50 shot, on my 99 civic ex. I asked before and didnt get much but suggestions on selling the car, which wasnt of any help. Im hoping someone can help me.

The car is stock except for an apexi N1 exhaust. I know that a 50 shot isnt going to do much for the car peformance wise, but knowing the car is an auto, I know that it wont handle much.

So im asking what all is needed? From reading around all I need is a n20 gauge, the basic kit, some ngk spark plugs, and a fuel pressure regulator. Not too much seeing how its only a 50 shot. Is this correct?

Are there any other things I can add to make it more safe? I heard that spraying while the tranny is shifting itself causes the most damage to the auto tranny, I read about a MSD window switch, but I dont understand what it does too well.

And from people who actually have nitrous, what are some things I should look out for or be aware of? I heard that if you are at 1300psi, thats dangerous, 1000-1200psi is around the best pressure to spray, and at 600psi I probably wont feel anything at all.

I have 500 dollars now, I know the kits run around this price, So once I have everything I need I will install it.

Thanks in advance for the help.

P.S. I posted this in the FI forum, and got 0 help. I asked the same question there before and the only suggestions I received where to swap the tranny, swap the motor, and sell the car. I know this civic forum, well the car is a civic, but I feel like I will get much more help here. If someone feels this is wrong they can move it.
Thanks
Old 06-01-2003, 07:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hopefully I can get some help from the civic guys (Quick EX)

If you buy a kit specifically for your car then everything you need should be included! Id personally suggest learning as much as you can before you start with N20 or even a turbocharger (any kind of FI)! Best of luck!
Old 06-01-2003, 07:14 AM

Default Re: Hopefully I can get some help from the civic guys (Ricey McRicerton)

Thanks, but dont I need a n20 gauge and some other little things?