Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Hood pin locks for stock hood

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 05:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hood pin locks for stock hood

sup guys i was wondering if it was hard for anybody to install hood locking pins on a stock hood?

heres a example...
http://store.summitracing.com/...w=sku

Old 02-13-2007, 05:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Hood pin locks for stock hood (bmoua)

install it the same way as cf hoods. easy. why do you need them?
Old 02-13-2007, 05:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hood pin locks for stock hood (turbociviccoupe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbociviccoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">install it the same way as cf hoods. easy. why do you need them?</TD></TR></TABLE>

there are too many damn theives in socal so i'd though i'd try it out...i'm just not sure how strong these things are.
Old 02-13-2007, 06:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bmoua &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

there are too many damn theives in socal so i'd though i'd try it out...i'm just not sure how strong these things are. </TD></TR></TABLE>

i would think if a thief has stolen your car, he would have all the time in the world to try to get your hood open. if he has a garage and a drill then bingo. id invest in a good alarm, kill switch and probably detachable steering wheel.

i personally take out my ecu if i ever have to leave my car out...try and start my 720cc injectors with a stock ecu lol.
Old 02-13-2007, 06:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

BTW member that guy says they could scew it off??? well if u also have an alarm in ur car u would have to use a drill to do it right???? wouldnt the alarm go off if ur drilling in to the hood?... also a battery relocator is also very good option...
(btw had to open a new account to keep posting becouse its restricted to 5 msg in 24 hours cuz ima noob LOL)
Old 02-13-2007, 06:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

dude think about this...
if u wanna open a car 1st disconnect the alarm system so ir doesnt go off how u do it??? by the HOOD if they cant open the hood they cant de-activate the alarm if they cant deactivate the alarm they cant steal the car....!!!!
Old 02-13-2007, 06:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hood pin locks for stock hood (chrischaks1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by chrischaks1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">BTW member that guy says they could scew it off??? well if u also have an alarm in ur car u would have to use a drill to do it right???? wouldnt the alarm go off if ur drilling in to the hood?... also a battery relocator is also very good option...
(btw had to open a new account to keep posting becouse its restricted to 5 msg in 24 hours cuz ima noob LOL) </TD></TR></TABLE>

i know they'll find some way to bypass the hood locks basically drill it but my point of installing the hood locks is to make the process of stealing my car a bit harder...
Old 02-13-2007, 06:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by chrischaks1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">dude think about this...
if u wanna open a car 1st disconnect the alarm system so ir doesnt go off how u do it??? by the HOOD if they cant open the hood they cant de-activate the alarm if they cant deactivate the alarm they cant steal the car....!!!! </TD></TR></TABLE>

thankyou sir...exactly my thoughts....haha...
Old 02-13-2007, 06:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by chrischaks1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">dude think about this...
if u wanna open a car 1st disconnect the alarm system so ir doesnt go off how u do it??? by the HOOD if they cant open the hood they cant de-activate the alarm if they cant deactivate the alarm they cant steal the car....!!!! </TD></TR></TABLE>

haha....i would really think bout that. they dont really disconnect the alarm anymore...thieves are more brazen these days they'll just break the window and shimmy the locks. with the alarm on. seen it happen at wal-mart the other day. he was gone in like 40 seconds.

i just think hood pins are ugly thats all. but i guess it would help. but if they were really after your car they will do anything to get it
Old 02-13-2007, 06:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

damn...it would suck so bad to live in an area where you have to spend so much money/time to modify your car so it is harder, not impossible, but harder to steal....
Old 02-13-2007, 06:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbociviccoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

haha....i would really think bout that. they dont really disconnect the alarm anymore...thieves are more brazen these days they'll just break the window and shimmy the locks. with the alarm on. seen it happen at wal-mart the other day. he was gone in like 40 seconds.

i just think hood pins are ugly thats all. but i guess it would help. but if they were really after your car they will do anything to get it</TD></TR></TABLE>

yea true...but i have other layers which i can't mentioned. As for the looks i know its going to look ulgy but its okay with me....
Old 02-13-2007, 06:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hood pin locks for stock hood (CivicVX94)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CivicVX94 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">damn...it would suck so bad to live in an area where you have to spend so much money/time to modify your car so it is harder, not impossible, but harder to steal.... </TD></TR></TABLE>

tell me about it bro haha...i'm sick of it...i've spent a good amount on security
Old 02-13-2007, 06:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

its ez to know how to do it after u see all the cars dismantled in a yard... broken switches off the mark (of the door) windows ... i got a pretty good idea will post everything later btw another good idea if u have a coupe use the handles of a 4door (the back ones) since they dont have a key entry...
Old 02-13-2007, 07:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by chrischaks1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">its ez to know how to do it after u see all the cars dismantled in a yard... broken switches off the mark (of the door) windows ... i got a pretty good idea will post everything later btw another good idea if u have a coupe use the handles of a 4door (the back ones) since they dont have a key entry... </TD></TR></TABLE>

aite thx bro
Old 02-13-2007, 08:36 PM

how do you use the rear (4door) handles??
Old 02-13-2007, 08:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hood pin locks for stock hood (I'm Trying)

not all alarms are under the hood you can get it tucked and put in the dashboard by the firewall and whatnot...

CF hood uses hood pins to keep it down
stock hoods just for looks IMO although the lock would help because it requires a key but seriously if your car is already stolen ..then game over..
Old 02-13-2007, 08:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree with turbocivicoupe.

Save your $$$ for an alarm system or something that works...or at least for a stripper to cheer u up when your car finally does get stolen.
Old 02-13-2007, 09:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hood pin locks for stock hood (robble36)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by robble36 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

not all alarms are under the hood you can get it tucked and put in the dashboard by the firewall and whatnot...

CF hood uses hood pins to keep it down
stock hoods just for looks IMO although the lock would help because it requires a key but seriously if your car is already stolen ..then game over.. </TD></TR></TABLE>

the easiest way that i see a theif to steal your car is pop your hood and unhook the battery. If they go for the alarm brain then they would have to find it or in some cases its right below the steering column but either way the'll have to take some time to take off the plastic coverings. The way i see it the hood lock would work to some extent...
Old 02-13-2007, 09:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Syndacate)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I agree with turbocivicoupe.

Save your $$$ for an alarm system or something that works...or at least for a stripper to cheer u up when your car finally does get stolen.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i have layers of security already which i can't mention but i just want more...
Old 02-13-2007, 09:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (bmoua)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bmoua &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i have layers of security already which i can't mention but i just want more...</TD></TR></TABLE>

i want more power...and you want more security...lol

i guess it can never hurt to be a little too cautious
Old 02-13-2007, 09:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbociviccoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i would think if a thief has stolen your car, he would have all the time in the world to try to get your hood open. if he has a garage and a drill then bingo. id invest in a good alarm, kill switch and probably detachable steering wheel.

i personally take out my ecu if i ever have to leave my car out...try and start my 720cc injectors with a stock ecu lol.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You know, thieves bring steering wheels and ecu's with them when they want to take your car. A well hidden alarm along with back up sirens and cutoff switches are your best bets. Park in a garage with a car in front of the door if you live in the ghetto.
Old 02-13-2007, 09:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hood pin locks for stock hood (bgcrx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bgcrx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You know, thieves bring steering wheels and ecu's with them when they want to take your car. A well hidden alarm along with back up sirens and cutoff switches are your best bets. Park in a garage with a car in front of the door if you live in the ghetto. </TD></TR></TABLE>

ecus to run big injectors? so they go out and get a tune to YOUR motor? well at least on my car...lol. and they bring a steering wheel with your matching detachable hub? damn then they must have really wanted your car bad!
Old 02-13-2007, 10:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I had a friend with an all motor honda that was totally built. It got stolen and the theives just threw a stock ecu in the car. Luckily he got the car back in 2 days with absolutly nothing missing. the only problem was the car ran on the stock ecu and the theives threw 87 octane in the motor and killed it.
Old 02-13-2007, 10:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hood pin locks for stock hood (smileycvc)

what do you mean by totally built?
Old 02-14-2007, 10:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

It was a b18 with GE sleeves bored to 86mm. The compression was 16:1. Im not sure what rod or piston brand he used. Fully ported head with a pair of Buddy club spec 4 cams and not sure what he did to the valve train. Steet sweeper header. I dont remember the rest of the stuff.

Quick Reply: Hood pin locks for stock hood