Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

hood pin location on 95 civic hatch

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2005, 01:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hood pin location on 95 civic hatch

just wondering if you guys used holes that were already there or if you drilled holes in the rad support. pics would be greatly appreciated also!!!! Which pins did you go with?
-Thanks
Old 03-16-2005, 02:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

if i were you i would sell them they are nothing but problems. if you have a carbon hood you could easy scratch it up puing them on or the paint and every time you open it thers that chane u will scratch your hood. they always rust and look shitty in about 5 or 6 months. everyone i tal to hates them on there car and wishes they wouldn't have put them on. just my 2 cents but if i were you i wouldn't waste your money. but its your car do what you want.
Old 03-16-2005, 02:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: hood pin location on 95 civic hatch (alexb16hb)

I installed hood pins before and it came out bad. I am running a CF hood without pins and haven't had problems, even going as fast as 120 MPH. But when I installed them on my Integra, there were holes in the rad support that I bored out to fit the pins.
Old 03-16-2005, 02:58 PM

Im with him..they look bad and give nothing but problems...
Old 03-16-2005, 03:20 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by alexb16hb &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">just wondering if you guys used holes that were already there or if you drilled holes in the rad support. pics would be greatly appreciated also!!!! Which pins did you go with?
-Thanks </TD></TR></TABLE>

yea just use the holes on the radiator supp i dont have any but i have friends with them,good to have if you have a a hood with a weak latch.. the hood is eventually gonna get scratched anyways
Old 03-16-2005, 06:00 PM

Default Re: hood pin location on 95 civic hatch (longbeachpurplecivic)

i dont actually like them myself but I would rather be safe than have the hood fly up and cause lots of problems just looking for some ideas. Thanks
Old 03-17-2005, 04:01 AM

any body have hood pins
Old 03-17-2005, 04:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

im with you.

the main reason im GOING to be getting hood pins on my hood is because of theives. Im not getting the ones you pin down,.. im getting the ones that you need that round key to unlock. The big ring that mounts on the hood where the whole is, isn't going to be the usual stainless steel, i like the ones with the simulated carborn fiber so from a distance you really cant even tell you have hood pins/locks.

YEA,YEA i know theyll break it anyway but w/e i can do to waste there time or have them think twice could be what keeps my eh2 from staying mine or unlawfully belonging to some low-life *******.
Something to think about...
Old 03-17-2005, 06:14 AM

Default Re: hood pin location on 95 civic hatch (HatchEh2)

dude I have a set of them locking hood pins on my 92 hatch and they suck! The metal that there made out of is very week and its really hard to line them up so they lock just right. I well never put them on my 93eg hatch or any other car that i like
Old 03-17-2005, 06:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I cant believe there are this many of you whining about something this easy.

It took me about an hour of careful work.

It was NOT difficult and I have the peace of mind, knowing that my hood will NEVER fly up on me.

I wrote a how to here:
http://www.hstuners.com/forums...49365
(you can use any pre-existing hole, or drill new ones...up to you)
Old 03-17-2005, 11:18 AM

Default Re: (pdiggitydogg)

i am not whining at all i am just interested to hear useful info from others that have done it before and I would also like to see more pics of 92-95 civics with them. Thanks
Old 03-17-2005, 11:24 AM
I forgot more about hondas then you will ever know....

Location: hop,skip, and a jump from the city,, new friggin york, USA
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (alexb16hb)

i run hoodpins because with my light *** hood, the factory latch was not compatable with it (twisted the **** outta the hood) i used the holes already in the rad support, just to the inside of the headlight

Modified by Rodney at 3:35 PM 3/17/2005
Old 03-17-2005, 11:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Rodney)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Rodney &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i run hoodpins because with my light *** hood, the factory latch was not compatable with it (twisted the **** outta the hood) i used the holes already in the rad support, just to the inside of the headlight
</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's where I put the holes for an EK that I helped put a JDMShit.com CF hood on.

Oh yeah, pic *****.
Old 03-17-2005, 12:01 PM
memoryFAB.com representative

Default Re: (Ricey McRicerton)

i just installed mine on my hatch.. it wasn't hard at all really. i used the holes inbtween the headlight brackets. i took out the hood latch, it was broken anyway. it really sucks that they are on a stock hood. now i look like a rice. time to get the sawzall and cut the underside out.
Old 03-17-2005, 12:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

for hood pins, don't get the $20 sparco accesories. hit up http://www.bakerprecision.com and pick up the longacre hoodpins. those are beefy sons of b*tches and only $10.
Old 03-17-2005, 12:11 PM

Default Re: (spock_rocker)

thanks for the input guys appreciate it. I would like to see some more pics though.
Old 03-17-2005, 12:21 PM
I forgot more about hondas then you will ever know....

Location: hop,skip, and a jump from the city,, new friggin york, USA

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by alexb16hb &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I would like to see some more pics though.</TD></TR></TABLE>

are you doing it for the look? wtf cares about looks... i did it do my hood stays where it is supposed to be....
Old 03-17-2005, 05:04 PM

Default Re: (Rodney)

no just doin it to possibly save my wind shield and roof if the latch would give way
Old 03-17-2005, 05:12 PM

i just ordered a CF hood and it come with the stock hood latch but ive been reading the comments you guys have been leaving and you have my all paranoid that im going to do if i dont get them but if i do it will **** up my hood!!

are they really that important? i dont plan on doing over 120 so...
i like the smooth oem look as well

HELP!!!

if i do get some i dont want cheap ones i was nice ones that will last and keep my hood/car in my posession

HELP!!!!!!
Old 03-17-2005, 05:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

**** you can put them on or not...up to you!
You can risk it or not...up to you!

How many times do I have to repeat the same things over and over? Oh wait...its honda-tech....the answer is infinite.

There will be those that say "I never had a problem, and I think they look gay."
Then there will be those that say "I have them because Im smarter than the first guy."
Then there will be those that didnt have them and their hood flew up.
Then there will be those that have none and nothing happened.

You put cotter pins on your lower ball joint bolts so the nuts dont come off....its the same principle.

(Survival of the fittest.....er smartest)
Old 03-17-2005, 06:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (pdiggitydogg)

Originally Posted by pdiggitydogg
**** you can put them on or not...up to you!
You can risk it or not...up to you!

How many times do I have to repeat the same things over and over? Oh wait...its honda-tech....the answer is infinite.

There will be those that say "I never had a problem, and I think they look gay."
Then there will be those that say "I have them because Im smarter than the first guy."
Then there will be those that didnt have them and their hood flew up.
Then there will be those that have none and nothing happened.

You put cotter pins on your lower ball joint bolts so the nuts dont come off....its the same principle.

(Survival of the fittest.....er smartest)
thank you!
the factory hood is designed to work with only the latch holding it.99% of c/f hoods are not.there are tons of people who have c/f hoods with no pins and no problems.there are plenty of people who have have their c/f hood fly up because of no pins.
you can be like those retards,or you can have the peace of mind that your hood won't fly up.as said above,you could leave the cotter pins off your ball joints-most likely there will be no problem,but why take the chance?!
to answer a couple other comments/questions:
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">are they really that important? i dont plan on doing over 120 so...
i like the smooth oem look as well</TD></TR></TABLE>
120MPH isn't the magic speed where c/f hoods fly off.this isn't the Delorean.i've seen them break cruising at 60MPH on the freeway.again,why take the chance?!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">dude I have a set of them locking hood pins on my 92 hatch and they suck! The metal that there made out of is very week and its really hard to line them up so they lock just right. I well never put them on my 93eg hatch or any other car that i like </TD></TR></TABLE>
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if i were you i would sell them they are nothing but problems. if you have a carbon hood you could easy scratch it up puing them on or the paint and every time you open it thers that chane u will scratch your hood. just my 2 cents but if i were you i wouldn't waste your money. but its your car do what you want.

</TD></TR></TABLE>
it's NOT a hard job to do.if you don't feel comfortable doing it,take it to a body shop to be done.i'm sure the cost would be way less than the cost of a new c/f hood after you screw it up!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> they always rust and look shitty in about 5 or 6 months. everyone i tal to hates them on there car and wishes they wouldn't have put them on.</TD></TR></TABLE>
i have the Mr Gasket hood locks on both my cars.had them on there for a long time.had the regular Mr Gasket hood pins on my car for about five years with no rust or other problems.if you spend $10 on some knockoff bullshit at Auto Zone,what do you expect?spend the whopping $25 on Mr Gasket if you want locks;if you want hood pins,spend a whole $8 on the Mr Gasket brand.if you can afford a $300+ c/f hood,i'm sure you can afford the pins.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if you have a carbon hood you could easy scratch it up puing them on or the paint and every time you open it thers that chane u will scratch your hood</TD></TR></TABLE>
you ever seen the scratches on the paint after your hood cruches your roof and windshield?again,have somebody competent put them on,and don't jerk the pin out like an idiot.no scratches.

i used factory holes on the rad support,right above the headlights.i don't have any good pics of the actual post locations,but here's a pic to give you a general idea.

chris
Old 03-17-2005, 07:20 PM

I used the same setup and I have not had a problem at all with them. Except theres one thing you should keep in mind, You should never slam your hood with hood pins. Mine, Are in perfect alignment but I still dont like to slam the hood just incase. Becuase not only can you scratch your hood, but you can crack it ( if you have fiberglass/ CF ) or dent the hood ( if its metal )

Just take your time and dont rush it. It should be that way with everything you do to your car. Ill edit in a pic as soon as I post this one.

Old 03-17-2005, 08:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (TeamNextGenChris)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TeamNextGenChris &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

</TD></TR></TABLE>

i really wanted some locks for my cf hood but i was hesitant because they look ugly to me. after this picture though i'm definately picking up some mr gasket hood locks
Old 03-18-2005, 12:12 AM

Default Re: (TeamNextGenChris)

THANK YOU!

but what kind do you have on your car again? im going to get a set of em as well.

and your car is clean as hell man, kudos to you
Old 03-18-2005, 03:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (eg4usdm)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eg4usdm &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">THANK YOU!

but what kind do you have on your car again? im going to get a set of em as well.

and your car is clean as hell man, kudos to you </TD></TR></TABLE>
http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/nc...r=361
here's what i have.i painted the baseplates flat black.they're very low profile,and much less noticable than standard pin kits.
Chris

Quick Reply: hood pin location on 95 civic hatch