Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Honestly now.....(question regarding suspension setup)

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2003, 07:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Honestly now.....(question regarding suspension setup)

Right now im using a complete Koni set up for my ek. I find the quality quite good....very stiff ride (which i love) BUT im still planning on switching to Teins soon.

My buddy keeps telling me how much better they are BUT seriously now, are they really? Who has a Tein setup on their ek hatch? comments please..
Old 07-02-2003, 07:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Honestly now.....(question regarding suspension setup) (mixxed)

this is kind of a braud question, you really should specify which Tein setup your going for. The Super Street setup is very cheap and affordable and has adjustable shocks, which is real nice. Theres also the HAs which are a little more pricey. Tein quality is top notch, but so is Koni. To be honest, if your current setup works, stick with it, why bother changing. You said you like stiff ride, so that shouldnt bother you. I've installed and driven cars with coilovers with adjustable shocks. You can't give reviews on this kind of stuff because the overall experience depends COMPLETELY on who is tuning it and if they even know what theyre doing. The only way to give a review on these is based on their fitment, etc, which is VERY good. The only coilovers I like more than Tein is JIC-Magic, but theyre a little pricey for most honda guys (no insult intended with that comment). You'd get the best response if you let us know what you plan on doing with your car, what your goals are, whether its daily driven alot and ride quality does become a factor at certain times. etc. you cant call somethign better, koni is better than tein for a price concious person that doesnt race and they just want a slightly firmer and responsive ride.
Old 07-02-2003, 07:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Honestly now.....(question regarding suspension setup) (ibcadl)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ibcadl &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">this is kind of a braud question, you really should specify which Tein setup your going for. The Super Street setup is very cheap and affordable and has adjustable shocks, which is real nice. Theres also the HAs which are a little more pricey. Tein quality is top notch, but so is Koni. To be honest, if your current setup works, stick with it, why bother changing. You said you like stiff ride, so that shouldnt bother you. I've installed and driven cars with coilovers with adjustable shocks. You can't give reviews on this kind of stuff because the overall experience depends COMPLETELY on who is tuning it and if they even know what theyre doing. The only way to give a review on these is based on their fitment, etc, which is VERY good. The only coilovers I like more than Tein is JIC-Magic, but theyre a little pricey for most honda guys (no insult intended with that comment). You'd get the best response if you let us know what you plan on doing with your car, what your goals are, whether its daily driven alot and ride quality does become a factor at certain times. etc. you cant call somethign better, koni is better than tein for a price concious person that doesnt race and they just want a slightly firmer and responsive ride.</TD></TR></TABLE>

The truth is, i am happy with my setup BUT its been on the car for almost 2 years now and i eventually planned on changing it around just to test out some new waters (Teins i suppose).

The car IS a daily driver but occasionaly runs on the circuit. Maybe im a bit behind but i havnt heard about JIC-Magic before??? Got the web site for it?
Old 07-02-2003, 07:40 AM
Trial User

dont waste your time or money... spend it on something more streetable. You could go with Tein SS coilovers, but whats the sense. You have a good street setup now, work on something else.
Old 07-02-2003, 08:56 AM

Default Re: (TODAeg6)

i've got the tien ha's on my car... and i had the skunk2's before. The ride on the skunks was stiff as hell and horrible to ride in. It's stiffer now yet still more comfy some how. Easy adjustment.... but seen bilstein shocks with drop springs and that's pretty stiff as well. If you ask me you don't need to spend big money on the shocks and springs... if it works it works.
Old 07-02-2003, 10:50 AM

Default Re: (EvoLusionX)

my friend has tiens on his 95 prelude, before he had gc's w/ koni's...the tiens ride is so much smoother than it was with the ground controls. I would love to pick up some tiens but just cant afford them, yet. But if there is other things you need for your car, dont "waste" your money on a new suspension setup when there isnt anything wrong with your current setup