Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

honda tops the list...again

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 12:17 AM
3lo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default honda tops the list...again

If you're the owner of a Honda Civic consider yourself warned.

It's the most frequently stolen car in Canada, according to the annual list compiled by the Insurance Bureau of Canada.

For the third year in a row, the 1999 and 2000 two-door models remain the cars of choice for thieves.

Then coming in at number three is the 2004 Subaru "Impreza" four-door all-wheel-drive.

Top 10 cars stolen in Canada in 2007:
1999 Honda Civic SiR 2-door
2000 Honda Civic SiR 2-door
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX/WRX STi 4-door AWD
1999 Acura Integra 2-door
1994 Dodge/Plymouth Grand Caravan/Voyager
1994 Dodge/Plymouth Grand Caravan/Voyager AWD
1994 Dodge/Plymouth Caravan/Voyager
1998 Acura Integra 2-door
2000 Audi TT Quattro 2-door Coupe
1994 Dodge/Plymouth Shadow/Sundance 2-door Hatchback
Old 12-20-2007, 12:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Of course the SiRs are the most stolen...what do you expect? It's the same in the US, I'd imagine.

I wouldn't bother buying an EM1...it's more trouble than it's worth.
Old 12-20-2007, 12:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (andoxviii)

yea, look at all the posts in this section of HT. there are way too many 99-00 civics stolen. According to my carfax, mine was stolen previously too. Its a scary thought.
Old 12-20-2007, 12:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (EKstacy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 3lo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">1994 Dodge/Plymouth Grand Caravan/Voyager
1994 Dodge/Plymouth Caravan/Voyager
</TD></TR></TABLE>

wtf?
Old 12-20-2007, 01:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ive known this since before i bought my civic
no kidding ur taking a risk w/ any honda
Old 12-20-2007, 06:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Maireeka)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Maireeka &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

wtf? </TD></TR></TABLE>

ha idk
Old 12-20-2007, 07:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (deckster333)

bottom line is hondas are to easy to break into... and 94 caravans are chick magnets
Old 12-20-2007, 07:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (spatula)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by spatula &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">bottom line is hondas are to easy to break into... and 94 caravans are chick magnets </TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL...if you say so...as far as hondas being ez to break into, that may be true, or NOT...c'mon, any car is ez to break into because if a thief really wants your car DESPERATELY, they'd break into your HOUSE to get it. DESPERATION GOES A LONG WAY!!! Anyways, i think that crx's are common hondas that get stolen alot too, just my opinion.
Old 12-20-2007, 07:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

My EJ8 has been broken into. They ripped off the clip on the top of the window that holds the weathering and then slim jimmed the door open. Didn't do any damage to the car and got away with my $100 subs. I am just really glad a pro choose my car and I didn't have to deal with my insurance company.
Old 12-20-2007, 07:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (LatnKng)

have you ever locked your keys in your car? did it take any more than five minutes and a coat hanger to open your door? my girlfriends accent has a better defense than any honda i have ever had.
Old 12-20-2007, 07:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (themikewoo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by themikewoo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My EJ8 has been broken into. They ripped off the clip on the top of the window that holds the weathering and then slim jimmed the door open. </TD></TR></TABLE>

that clip is part of why hondas are easy to steal. i remember a dateline special on the most commonly stolen cars a few years back that outlined how easy it is to break that clip and gain access to the car.

here something else to brighten everyones day. a dollar store near where i used to work in philly sold slim jim's. crappy slim jim's good for a few uses for $1. how awful is that?
Old 12-20-2007, 07:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

caravans are a hot commodity eh?
Old 12-20-2007, 07:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by spatula &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">bottom line is hondas are to easy to break into... and 94 caravans are chick magnets </TD></TR></TABLE>all the caravan driving soccer moms are always looking to swap in cdm(canadian domestic market) motors for illegal street racing.
Old 12-20-2007, 07:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (thisisntjared)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by thisisntjared &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">all the caravan driving soccer moms are always looking to swap in cdm(canadian domestic market) motors for illegal street racing.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Haha... like the boosted old school caravan I saw smoke an SS Camaro. That video was classic
Old 12-20-2007, 10:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by spatula &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">have you ever locked your keys in your car? did it take any more than five minutes and a coat hanger to open your door? my girlfriends accent has a better defense than any honda i have ever had.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ummm...yes, I AGREE,"ANY HONDA YOU'VE EVER HAD"...thats because you left the window down everytime you parked your car...and i have locked my car keys in my car there guy mr SPAT...that may be true, but if i wanted to break into your GF's accent, i'd break the glass and take her favorite lipgloss...c'mon, a thief is always gonna come up with the easiest way to break into your car if they knew what they were looking for or just desperate for wtf ever.
Old 12-20-2007, 12:06 PM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Re: honda tops the list...again (3lo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 3lo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">1994 Dodge/Plymouth Grand Caravan/Voyager
1994 Dodge/Plymouth Caravan/Voyager</TD></TR></TABLE>
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Maireeka &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wtf? </TD></TR></TABLE>
They're probably common and easy to find.

Often vans and truck are stolen to either transport part or to transport stolen motorcycles.
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by spatula &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

that clip is part of why hondas are easy to steal. i remember a dateline special on the most commonly stolen cars a few years back that outlined how easy it is to break that clip and gain access to the car.

here something else to brighten everyones day. a dollar store near where i used to work in philly sold slim jim's. crappy slim jim's good for a few uses for $1. how awful is that? </TD></TR></TABLE>
I removed my clips. Oh, and I don't know the law elsewhere, but WA, USA has made it illegal to sell slim jim kits in parts stores and such. Apparently you can only get them with a license now.
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LatnKng &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Ummm...yes, I AGREE,"ANY HONDA YOU'VE EVER HAD"...thats because you left the window down everytime you parked your car...and i have locked my car keys in my car there guy mr SPAT...that may be true, but if i wanted to break into your GF's accent, i'd break the glass and take her favorite lipgloss...c'mon, a thief is always gonna come up with the easiest way to break into your car if they knew what they were looking for or just desperate for wtf ever. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Your average car thief doesn't want to break any windows if they can help it though. Driving down the road with a window smashed out attracts attention.
Old 12-20-2007, 12:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: honda tops the list...again (NOFX)

thieves suck.
Old 12-20-2007, 12:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: honda tops the list...again (NOFX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NOFX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Your average car thief doesn't want to break any windows if they can help it though. Driving down the road with a window smashed out attracts attention.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Doollie noted. I agree, but a thief is not going to drive a car with a broken window in it, who would? like you said, window smashed out attracts ATTENTION.
Old 12-20-2007, 03:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sucks u jst gotta go day by day keeping ur car somewhere safe
get a fcken alarm and throw the club on it
Old 12-20-2007, 04:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: honda tops the list...again (LatnKng)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LatnKng &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Doollie noted. I agree, but a thief is not going to drive a car with a broken window in it, who would? like you said, window smashed out attracts ATTENTION. </TD></TR></TABLE>i have to ask. didnt the spell checker flag "doolie"? thats like a chef i used to work with, she thought "blue cheese" was "bloochies".
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by phazedd &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sucks u jst gotta go day by day keeping ur car somewhere safe
get a fcken alarm and throw the club on it </TD></TR></TABLE>i dont know how experienced you are with walking outside in the morning to a missing car but any thief that is not doing it for the first time can get passed most alarms out there in a couple seconds. also, any thief that is comfortable with taking 15 extra seconds and bring a portable grinder will cut through the half inch of aluminum(the steering wheel, not the club) to get a car if its worth it...
Old 12-20-2007, 04:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah my ej8 has also been broken into, the sad part was, when i saw it that morning it looked perfectly fine from the outside...the expletiveer broke the little trim thing too...only thing he stole was the deck, which cost me another 100 bucks
Old 12-20-2007, 04:39 PM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

I woke up to an empty parking space. Not fun.
Old 12-20-2007, 04:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

lock them honda up EXTRA GOOD
Old 12-20-2007, 08:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: honda tops the list...again (thisisntjared)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by thisisntjared &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have to ask. didnt the spell checker flag "doolie"? thats like a chef i used to work with, she thought "blue cheese" was "bloochies".</TD></TR></TABLE>

C'mon PROFESSOR, all your trying to tell us is that you can spell...like i said before...DOOLLIE...it still looks and sounds GREAT!!!
Old 12-20-2007, 08:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: honda tops the list...again (LatnKng)

So does anybody know why the Caravans are so popular amongst thieves?

I'm kinda curious about that one.

Quick Reply: honda tops the list...again