Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Honda Pricing

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 06:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda Pricing

I don't have a clue where to start, price wise in selling my Honda. I don't want to lowball myself, nor do I want to price to high obviously. The car is a '93 EX four door, it has 260,000 miles on it, orignal powertrain, doesn't use/leak a bit (knock on wood). I know the cars history, I got it for free from a friend, who didn't want to mess with putting a clutch and dizzy in it. He had gotten it from it's orignal owner, his anut, who had serviced it at every rotinue mantience interval, with records. Though before he gave it to me he cleaned it out and threw it all away! Dumbass.. Anyways, its loaded for a civic and everything works, cold A/C. The car was from California, and his anut lived in Arizona too, it's seen one winter so far, no rust at all, car does need a trunklid and to paint it and the rear bumper cover. (black atm) It had got rearended, not bad just dented in the trunklid, and cracked the old bumper cover. I go on KBB and then check out some prices on autotader etc, and the prices can be insanely different. What do you guy think is a decent price to ask for this? Ebay the bitch No reserve?
Old 10-27-2007, 07:41 AM

Default Re: Honda Pricing (MustangPunk302)

wow thats alot of miles id say prolly around 2500 at the most... its prolly gonna need a new motor/trans and a whole front end rebuild cuz ball joints tie rod ends prolly havent been replaced.... your lookin at selling this then the person who buys it is going to have to stick ALOT of money into getting it running if **** starts falling apart...

id say keep it do a swap and build up the motor a bit... it really isnt worth trying to sell a car with 200+ thousand miles on it... trust me ive tried.... thats why i junked my old eg hatch... now rockin a del sol. but hey w/e u think.
Old 10-27-2007, 07:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Honda Pricing (Bazza)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bazza &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wow thats alot of miles id say prolly around 2500 at the most... its prolly gonna need a new motor/trans and a whole front end rebuild cuz ball joints tie rod ends prolly havent been replaced.... your lookin at selling this then the person who buys it is going to have to stick ALOT of money into getting it running if **** starts falling apart...

id say keep it do a swap and build up the motor a bit... it really isnt worth trying to sell a car with 200+ thousand miles on it... trust me ive tried.... thats why i junked my old eg hatch... now rockin a del sol. but hey w/e u think. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, I know where you're coming from, the front end is mint though, the thing drives mint, I just wish I had all the papers he threw away to prove it. I was thinking right around the price you said. If I was gonna build a honda, it'd be a EG hatch, not this 4 door.. Again, that's if I was to build a honda...