Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Honda NOOB Here!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 01:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda NOOB Here!!!

Well I figured I would introduce myself here. My name is Fish, and I will be asking a LOT of questions I am sure. I am coming from the VW world where I know quite a bit on the subject but not an expert by any means. I have recently just been fed up with the costs of maintenence and mods for my European cars. So this past year I started coming around to a new world of tuning Japenese vehicles. I tried it before with a 2005 RX8, hated it, and I have also owned a built 2004 STI. I just always went back to Euro. I don't think I will go back again although I still own and tinker with my 1997 VR Jetta

This year I bought 2 Japenese manufactured vehicles. Well kinda lol.. First one is a 2002 Lexus IS300 Sport Cross, and then my 1996 Honda Civic Hatchback, which is why I am here. I figured I would post up my Civic and let you know my intentions/plans and also show a few of my previous cars to show you my style. Feel free to make suggestions on the Civic and comment on any of my previous rides. hopefully I am not breaking the rules or posting this in the wrong place. I am new to the Honda-tech forums so hopefully I dont start off on the wrong foot.

Ok first is the Civic of course...

Specs: 1996 Civic Hatch; Stock engine with 120K miles. DX model no power options. Does have AC which is a must for me since I have a youngun and a wife to keep happy. Mods include lowering springs on stock struts, knock off ITR seats slightly modified to make safe, CTR front lip, Knock of CTR rear lip, Ebay header and exhaust combo, and some stereo stuff.

Plans are to first and foremost fix the body. Front end needs to be replaced so I have intentions of replacing it with a 2000 front end. Finding a passesnger side quart panel to replace the one that is rusted through on mine with seam welding it and blending it. The paint of course. Next is coilovers.. Thinking Ground Control's with Koni Yellow struts. Camber adjusters and lower tie rods. Wheels... I'm pretty dead set on sticking my BBS RS's on it.. They are 16X7 +24 offset. I think they will look good on there..On to the interior... Replace or dye the carpet black, redo the headliner black, dye all grey plastics black, and thorough cleaning. Also need to replace a few minor interior pieces. Not sure If I want to swap it, or what I want to do. I dont care too much about "speed". I dont need or have the desire to go fast. I may just rebuild the stock engine completely and upgrade the rods and pistons during the build for further reliability and in case someone wants to boost it in the future.

Without further ado... Sorry if you read all of my jumble here I tend to be thorough and get on a roll typing.. But here's my Civic and past cars. (all the past cars are from the past 2 years lol.. I go through cars pretty quick)

1996 Civic Hatch Project

The RS's for it

2002 Lexus IS300 SportCross

1999 VR Jetta

1990 VW Corrado G60

1989 E30 BMW

2004 STI

2001 Stg 3+ Wolfsburg Jetta (my baby.. I miss it dearly)

2005 RX8

Old 01-29-2010, 02:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Honda NOOB Here!!!

Welcome, Those BBS's are teh SEX. One thing youll notice is that Hondas are so simple to work on, Unlike VW's, One of my best friends is a huge vw guy, Hes got a 1990 corrado G60 (Gfunk as you may call it)with a VR in it and a MarkII gti with a turbo VR making like 350 whp. He hoards BBS wheels too. haha

We are building me a markII VR jetta right now actually, Its slow coming but I love the torgue of the VR, I wish i could put it in my Civic. You should have kept the suby or the Lexus. haha, Again, welcome.
Old 01-29-2010, 02:10 PM
PSU
formerly DxHatchback

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Welcome aboard bro.

<-- Vortex member and R32 owner here.
Old 01-29-2010, 02:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

welcome to ht and the forums
Old 01-29-2010, 02:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Those are rota slipstreams right?IMO just keep those on there and paint them
Old 01-29-2010, 03:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ifIexplode
Welcome, Those BBS's are teh SEX. One thing youll notice is that Hondas are so simple to work on, Unlike VW's, One of my best friends is a huge vw guy, Hes got a 1990 corrado G60 (Gfunk as you may call it)with a VR in it and a MarkII gti with a turbo VR making like 350 whp. He hoards BBS wheels too. haha

We are building me a markII VR jetta right now actually, Its slow coming but I love the torgue of the VR, I wish i could put it in my Civic. You should have kept the suby or the Lexus. haha, Again, welcome.
Actually working on Hondas is very easy lol. I can see all components. I rebuilt an engine out of a '87 Integra with a little help from a friend in 2 days.

Still have the Lexus.. Wife drives it for the most part now. I have it, the Civic, and the Jetta.

Originally Posted by DxHatchback
Welcome aboard bro.

<-- Vortex member and R32 owner here.
Thanks. Always wanted a MKIV .:R.. Actually offered a few guys on poortex $5K and my black Wolfsburg below for one. But it didn't work out.

Originally Posted by reaper562
welcome to ht and the forums
Thanks

Originally Posted by Ryan559
Those are rota slipstreams right?IMO just keep those on there and paint them
Slipstreams are no longer on the car, nor in my posession. Plus I am not a fan of the ordinary. Everyone in their brother seems to have Slips in my area. No one has RS's on a Civic, let alone any other car, in my area.

I guess now I just need to decide on a color for the car... I was thinking of doing a UPS brown lol.. Is that too Euro?
Old 01-29-2010, 10:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by razorride
I guess now I just need to decide on a color for the car... I was thinking of doing a UPS brown lol.. Is that too Euro?
If you paint it ups brown and put those bbs's on there you might as well still be driving a german car, haha. Are the RS's the two piece ones or the three piece?

What kind of tires are you gonna put on them? you gonna stretch the **** out of them?
Old 01-29-2010, 11:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

That Corrado is sick.
Old 01-30-2010, 02:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

nice motors, what wheels are on the lexus? some type of rota?