Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Honda Delsol throwing evap code P0441

Old 03-21-2011, 08:02 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda Delsol throwing evap code P0441

Last year my car threw the code for P0441 I changed out the Purge Control Solenoid and had no problems for about a month, (long enough to get my car to pass inspection) then it threw the same code again, I could reset the codes and go about 2 weeks or 1000 miles before the code would come back. Now its time for inspection again and I can only turn on and off the car about 3 times before the code comes returns. I have checked the hoses leading up to the solenoid and they appear to be in good standing, what else should I look for or try out?
Old 03-26-2011, 02:44 PM
Trial User

Default Re: Honda Delsol throwing evap code P0441

Ok so after much dismay we opened up the purge silonoid to check things out and noticed there was charcole inside of the valvue which was not alowing it to seal. rather than replaceing the Charcoal canaster we split the area of tubing that was connecting the two parts and inserted a inline fuel filter and my check engine light has been off for about 1000 miles now!
Old 04-08-2011, 01:51 AM
Trial User

I have a 97 del sol with a d16y7 auto and the same issue but she spent 4 months at a certified Honda dealer and mechanic, for the p0441 they replaced so much and even the ecu in the passwords kick panel , and till last night ie. Less than 5000 miles the light is back on for p0441 , I have read this fix before about addin a online fuel filter overriding the charcoal canister , I was wondering if you can take pics and post them , maybe like a walkthrou or just a few basic photos to get a good idea.
Old 04-23-2011, 06:19 PM
Trial User

Honestly all I did was cut out a 5 inch or so section in the middle of the tube that runs between the charcoal canister and the purge value and replaced that section with the Inline fuel filter. The filter does need to be just a generic one with two male ends.
So in other words;
Step 1 buy a generic inline fuel filter with two male ends (about $7)
Step 2 locate the charcoal canister, the purge value, and the tube running between them
Step 3 remove the tube
Step 4 cut a section out of the line about the same length as the body of the fuel filter
Step 5 push a section of the cut tube on each end of the inline fuel filter
Step 6 reattach the line between the charcoal canister and the purge value

I will try to post pics soon to help and good luck! ohh and several thousand miles later my light is still off this 7 dollar fix saved me hundreds ^_^
Old 03-29-2012, 05:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

96 honda accord LX. Same code. $3 inline fuel filter from walmart. Do not know if it works, i havent driven it long enough.
Attached Images  
Old 06-23-2013, 09:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Fritolayrox
Honestly all I did was cut out a 5 inch or so section in the middle of the tube that runs between the charcoal canister and the purge value and replaced that section with the Inline fuel filter. The filter does need to be just a generic one with two male ends.
So in other words;
Step 1 buy a generic inline fuel filter with two male ends (about $7)
Step 2 locate the charcoal canister, the purge value, and the tube running between them
Step 3 remove the tube
Step 4 cut a section out of the line about the same length as the body of the fuel filter
Step 5 push a section of the cut tube on each end of the inline fuel filter
Step 6 reattach the line between the charcoal canister and the purge value

I will try to post pics soon to help and good luck! ohh and several thousand miles later my light is still off this 7 dollar fix saved me hundreds ^_^
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I was having the same problems. After troubleshooting over and over my CEL kept popping on with a P0441 right about the 100 mile mark after resetting the ecu. I went and picked up a $3 inline fuel filter from walmart like the dude above and BAM, going on 500 miles CEL free. Thanks.

97 Civic hatchback. Y7 with a Z6 IM with the purge solenoid vacuum line to my air intake.

Last edited by yerfriendlyuncl; 06-23-2013 at 09:21 AM. Reason: added my car info