Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Honda civics in canada and the us are garbage

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2001, 07:30 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda civics in canada and the us are garbage

Who are we kidding, the japanese sector in north america is PUTRID!!! Force fed bullshit stock cars??? WHY?? I think we should revolt and tell HONDA and all the other imports that they need to make better cars for this side of the water. I mean the crap they send here is absolutely absurd.

Its just like me saying "american cars are great in north america..." and in other countries, accept the middle east, for the most part they are frowned upon because the Japanese workmanship is a lot more revered and liked. In northamerica, we get "americanized" japanese cars. THey may as well be flippin american cars... their just as crappy

In conclusion i would like to say that my opinion on american cars is they are garbage as a whole. The Grand nation SS from the mid 80's is reputable. there are others, but for the most part they are CRAP.

PEAS AND CUES
Old 08-21-2001, 07:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Honda civics in canada and the us are garbage (Pigboy)

What is your point. We all know that america gets watered down versions of good japanese cars. We know we get sucky round headlights on integras and b16s in coupes instead of hatchs.
Its our own fault. Too many people are concerned with trunk space, miles per gallon, how well the car will hold up if it hits a brick wall at 150 mph, stupid **** like that.

by the way, please learn to spell VTEC.
Old 08-21-2001, 07:51 PM
New User

I would guess you're refering to the fact that Honda sells "downgraded" versions of their cars in the U.S, right? Like the Civics, we don't get civic type R's but we get the lowly 127 HP civic sedan. Likewise the B16a engines we get come with 10 HP less than the japanese B16a. And if we get the Type R, its the American version, not the J-spec with a 200 HP rating. Or do you mean that the workmanship is shitty? If thats the case I would have to disagree with you, because I have been to Japan, and the civics and Integras over there are made almost exactly the same as here except they have faster engines. Besides a few little changes, the integrity of the American cars when speaking about hardware, body, interior, etc, is pretty close to the Japanese versions. We do get ripped off when it comes to horsepower though, I agree.
Old 08-21-2001, 08:02 PM
New User

If you think you get lowly Civics in the US check this out:

My Canadian 97 EX Sedan came non-VTEC (D16Y7) , and MUCH worse, with the smaller hatch breaks (on a heavy sedan!) . After all the big talk about safety we get over here, I find this outrageous .
Old 08-21-2001, 08:31 PM
New User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wasn't it in the early 80's that imports were "outselling" domestics..
Wasn't it my bud Ronald Reagan that put the "limit" to the number of "imported" vehicles to match "exported" vehicles?
So who you wanna blame?... Honda? how about Detroit...

Long live Reaganomics!

Old 08-22-2001, 05:12 AM
New User

Default Re: Honda civics in canada and the us are garbage (Slopoke)

by the way, please learn to spell VTEC.
and its a Grand National not a Grand Nation
Old 08-22-2001, 07:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Honda civics in canada and the us are garbage (Racing rice)

"Grand nation SS" never heard of an SS G/N must be a special one for the special Grand Nation, guess this guys a real enthusiast