Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Honda Civic w/ '95 integra engine.....Need help understanding whats going on under the hood!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 04:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda Civic w/ '95 integra engine.....Need help understanding whats going on under the hood!

I recently purchased a 2000 Honda Civic, to find out that it was carrying a 1995 Acura Integra GS-R engine. I was also told that it at one point it had NOS, but I have no idea whats all going on with my car. Im just looking for some help understanding it all and what needs to be done in order to maintain this car properly. I'll be more that willing put put up some photos, so long as you are willing to be a little patient with me.

Thanks!

Here is a quick look at what I have under the hood.

Heres the Car itself.

Old 02-25-2008, 04:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you know what a compression test is? performing one of those could tell you if the motor is still healthy

also, are you having any problems or are you just wondering what needs to be done for maintenance as opposed to stock?
Old 02-25-2008, 04:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

dude that car is super clean...i like the blades...everything under the hood looks clean but if u havent done so already just a regular tune-up would ease ur mind.
Old 02-25-2008, 04:31 PM

Default Re: (unusual71)

I don't know what a compression test is. As of right now, all I have is a bit of an oil leak, I also burn a lot of what i am guessing is oil when i drive down hill and let the transition slow me down, Im told its just an internal malfunction. But I am more interested in learning about the car. I also found switches or Nos, and the hose that would hook up into the tank...but not sure if all the components are still installed.
Old 02-25-2008, 04:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well for the NOS if there isnt a tank there is no NOS and u cant miss the tank....but try to find the oil leak probably a vc oil pan gasket something small
Old 02-25-2008, 04:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Honda Civic w/ '95 integra engine.....Need help understanding whats going on under the hood! (Er

First things first, do a full tune-up of the car, even get a compression test. So that you know the motor is still strong.

Also, I'm not sure how Emission law's are like in your state. But, any motor that is older then the car itself is illegal. In california that's how it is, just wanted to give you head's up on that.

Do you know how many miles on the motor and chassis? IMO, it's kind of stupid to put an older engine in a newer year car. Think about it, you got an old motor in a newer car you know? Also, the motor might even have more miles then the car itself.
Old 02-25-2008, 04:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Erick_Alvarez)

Sounds like you might a shop to do a compression test on it and do a routine maintenance service on it (change oil, ect.). The componets of nitrous are fuel and or nitrous lines, the solenoids (should be under the hood), then the switches inside (arm, purge [if equipped], and the "go" button).
Old 02-25-2008, 04:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Honda Civic w/ '95 integra engine.....Need help understanding whats going on under the hood! (Er

Try not to get pulled over for that motor.
Old 02-25-2008, 04:47 PM

Default Re: (z6hatchboy)

Im had the regular check ups, and even took it to a honda dealership to have them take a look at it. I no longer have AC (added horsepower) and my cruise control no longer works.

I currently have 100800 miles on the car, which seems awfully low or a '95 engine.

I have found the switches and button for the Nos, and someone told me it was a part of a 3-tank system....or something along those lines, I'd be nice to see if I could put that all back together. I followed the nitris lines into the engine, and I believe everything is there, but then again, I really don't know what I am looking for.

Thanks or the heads up on the older engine/newer car. I'll look into that.

I have also found a great deal of cut wires that are just hanging around. I have no idea what they all go to, but it is somewhat of a concert. I found them both in the engine compartment (several cut wires there) and inside the car around the passengers feet, which is also were the hose line is for the nitrous comes in.
Old 02-25-2008, 07:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Erick_Alvarez)

buy a haynes manual........go from there.

it's the best thing to learn about everything.
Old 02-25-2008, 07:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well first i'd become familiar with laws governing engine swaps in your area, hopefully that wont be an issue.

2 you're burning oil and you know the car used to "have nos", this would concern me a bit. as well as in that picture it looks like your block is saturated with oil, may not be true, but thats just what it looks like from the picture you posted.

other than that it looks good, your oil burning may just be valve seals....who knows.
Old 02-25-2008, 07:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SOHCejcivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SOHCejcivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">buy a haynes manual........go from there.

it's the best thing to learn about everything.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 02-25-2008, 08:09 PM

nice car, its way clean.
Old 02-25-2008, 09:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (jasony0630)

It looks like it has a stolen 96-01 transmission because it has the rivets but no VIN plate 94-95 GS-R trans did not have a VIN plate or rivets or even holes for rivets so......