Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

honda civic hatchback questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 09:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default honda civic hatchback questions

uh sorry for a noob questions never been a civic guy, always been a mazda guy but decided not to mess with rx7 no more engine blows too much but i was wondering, i saw a ek like few days ago and it has power windows, powerlock and also power steering along with a/c but how come some ek's i see doesn't have any of those especially wndows and lock. so can someone tell me, what year eg or ek has power steering and power windows and locks? along with a/c can you give me a year range? thanks it would really help because im really trying to buy one.
Old 01-17-2008, 09:03 PM

Default Re: honda civic hatchback questions (disboibdavid)

you need to find a ex or si
Old 01-17-2008, 09:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: honda civic hatchback questions (wicked_b16eg)

pl/ps/pw/ac/sr were options way before ek's. any ex comes with all of them, most dx's have ps/ac and the others are options, usually lx's have everything except a sunroof.
Old 01-17-2008, 10:04 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by disboibdavid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">uh sorry for a noob questions never been a civic guy, always been a mazda guy but decided not to mess with rx7 no more engine blows too much but i was wondering, i saw a ek like few days ago and it has power windows, powerlock and also power steering along with a/c but how come some ek's i see doesn't have any of those especially wndows and lock. so can someone tell me, what year eg or ek has power steering and power windows and locks? along with a/c can you give me a year range? thanks it would really help because im really trying to buy one. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Right, but to the OP, if your looking for a hatchback you probably wont find one with power windows or power door locks because they did not come with them from the factory. Basically their is not an EX hatchback. There is an Si for 92-95 though, comes with a sunroff .
Old 01-17-2008, 10:14 PM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by disboibdavid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">uh sorry for a noob questions never been a civic guy, always been a mazda guy but decided not to mess with rx7 no more engine blows too much but i was wondering, i saw a ek like few days ago and it has power windows, powerlock and also power steering along with a/c but how come some ek's i see doesn't have any of those especially wndows and lock. so can someone tell me, what year eg or ek has power steering and power windows and locks? along with a/c can you give me a year range? thanks it would really help because im really trying to buy one. </TD></TR></TABLE>
USDM '96-'00 Civic hatchbacks don't have power windows or locks as an option. The DXes have optional power steering and all '96-'00 Civics have optional A/C (if it's not standard). The easy way to tell DX hatches from CX hatches is the spoiler on the CX is stubbier and black (unpainted) while the DX spoiler is longer, more pointed and color matched on top. That can be changed of course. The DX hatch has a rear wiper too though, which would be more difficult to get rid of without leaving evidence that it'd been there before..

As far as the options you listed, here's what each 6th gen trim had out of that selection.

'96-'00 DX coupe
Manual windows
Manual locks
Optional air conditioning
Optional power steering

'96-'00 EX coupe
Power windows
Power locks
Air conditioning
Power Steering

'96-'00 HX coupe
Power windows
Manual locks
Power Steering

'96-'00 Si coupe
Power windows
Power locks
Air conditioning
Power Steering

'96-'00 CX hatch
Manual windows
Manual locks
Manual steering

'96-'00 DX hatch
Manual windows
Manual locks
Optional power steering

'96-'00 DX sedan
Manual windows
Manual locks
Power steering

'99-'00 DX-V sedan
Manual windows
Power locks
Power steering

'96-'00 EX sedan
Power windows
Power locks
Air conditioning
Power Steering

'98-'00 GX sedan
Manual windows
Manual locks
Power steering

'96-'00 LX sedan
Manual windows
Manual locks
Power steering

Look here for lots more info. Coupes are first, then hatches, then sedans.

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=2055230
Old 01-17-2008, 10:16 PM

Default Re: honda civic hatchback questions (Prism250)

yea but the si's didnt come with power windows or locks. you'd have to take them off the eg sedan.