Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Honda civic ESI Engine Check light Problem.

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 05:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda civic ESI Engine Check light Problem.

When Ever i wan to start my car, the engine check light will be on, normall will be on for around few seconds and will be off.. and i can proceed to start my car.
Recently, i have to wait for 5mins~ for the light to go off , before starting the car. Whenever i tried to start the car with the check light on~ It will have the sound of cranking , but the car will not start, the sound seems to be like the engine is not recieveing any fuel. But when the check light goes off after 5mins wait or more. the car starts as normal..
Can anybody help me with this problem please.....?
Old 07-12-2006, 07:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Honda civic ESI Engine Check light Problem. (sianzsianz)

I'm having the exact same problem only after about 5 minutes the check engine will flicker on and off. At the same time that the light is flickering on and off, my Shifter lock solenoid is clicking on and off.

After flickering for a few seconds the check engine light will either stay on (can't start car) or turn off (I can start the car ... :-) or continue flickering in which case I have a 50-50 chance of starting the car.

Once the car starts, everyting is fine.

What's up with the Stick shift lock solenoid making noise in sync with the check engine light?