Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

hokay, I have this turbo timer on a completely NA motor.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 01:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hokay, I have this turbo timer on a completely NA motor.....

as the title states, i bought this car recently. its a 1993 civic Si with the JDM B16. and it has a turbo timer in it. as far as i know, theres no real reason for it to be in there, but i was wanting to ask you guys if theres a function for this think on an NA motor.

and if its useless, is there any interest in purchasing these things? its a greddy. see thru pink. its sings to me.

thanks!!!
Old 07-24-2007, 01:52 PM
been there done that

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: hokay, I have this turbo timer on a completely NA motor..... (Convert)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Convert &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> but i was wanting to ask you guys if theres a function for this think on an NA motor.

</TD></TR></TABLE>
nope

sell it to a turbo guy
Old 07-24-2007, 01:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: hokay, I have this turbo timer on a completely NA motor..... (doood)

It's good for ghost riding i guess? IMO, sell the timer.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:55 PM
Ek Forever y0!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: hokay, I have this turbo timer on a completely NA motor..... (BlackoutVTi)

Sell it.
Old 07-24-2007, 02:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: hokay, I have this turbo timer on a completely NA motor..... (ek forever guy)

hmmmmmm..... so im to understand that either the car was turbo'd ir it was planning to be?
Old 07-24-2007, 02:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: hokay, I have this turbo timer on a completely NA motor..... (Convert)

Or someone didnt know what to use it for. Is it hooked up? I know people who might be interested in it, what make is it?
Old 07-24-2007, 02:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: hokay, I have this turbo timer on a completely NA motor..... (Ron454321)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ron454321 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what make is it?</TD></TR></TABLE>
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Convert &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> its a greddy. see thru pink.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 07-24-2007, 03:21 PM

Default Re: hokay, I have this turbo timer on a completely NA motor..... (94hatchling)

On the apexi turbo timer box its says turbo/na timer. after a hard run you want the car to idle for a few anyways, no matter if its turbo/supercharged or n/a.
Old 07-24-2007, 03:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

"On the apexi turbo timer box its says turbo/na timer. after a hard run you want the car to idle for a few anyways, no matter if its turbo/supercharged or n/a. "

oooor you got screwed out of a turbo

Old 07-24-2007, 03:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (nix94delsol)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jdmb16sir2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">On the apexi turbo timer box its says turbo/na timer. after a hard run you want the car to idle for a few anyways, no matter if its turbo/supercharged or n/a.</TD></TR></TABLE>

x2 you have no idea how many smartasses i set straight when i had my APEXi auto timer on my 4door before it was turbo...i originally put the timer on just so it was less work i had to do later anyway.
Old 07-24-2007, 03:31 PM

a clear pink turbo timer on a n/a car is almost the pinnacle of rice right next to the thing that makes turbo noise
Old 07-24-2007, 04:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (gtlaw1)

well, it does in fact work. if someone does in fact want it, how much do you think its worth? i have no other info sitting in my apt. other than its see through pink, its does in fact sing, and does a damn good job of making my dash ugly.

im not going to be too excited over it, but try to give me an idea on a good used price.
Old 07-24-2007, 04:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Convert)

sell it.. with the harness you could prob get 40-60 for it. good luck
Old 07-24-2007, 04:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Turbo Timer is just a name... it doesn't matter if you are FI or NA if you go run your car hard you don't just come home and shut it off, unless of course you want the life of your engine to shortened. This is basically allowing you to leave your car running for a preset amount of time, with out having to be in it. Now, on the other hand, if you have a bone stock motor and the only reason you bought it is to look cool, and have some blinking lights, or to have people ask you how you made your car shut off by it self... then no it's a waste, especially if it's clear pink.
Old 07-24-2007, 04:51 PM

Default Re: (evokidvii)

you could just buy a turbo kit . J/k . Keep the thread alive... someone will read this and want it.
Old 07-24-2007, 04:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Convert &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well, it does in fact work. if someone does in fact want it, how much do you think its worth? i have no other info sitting in my apt. other than its see through pink, its does in fact sing, and does a damn good job of making my dash ugly.

im not going to be too excited over it, but try to give me an idea on a good used price.</TD></TR></TABLE>

after reading "in fact" over and over, it now seems weird in my head. I almost forgot what it meant..
Old 07-24-2007, 04:53 PM

Default Re: (p00n)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by p00n &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Turbo Timer is just a name... it doesn't matter if you are FI or NA if you go run your car hard you don't just come home and shut it off, unless of course you want the life of your engine to shortened. This is basically allowing you to leave your car running for a preset amount of time, with out having to be in it. Now, on the other hand, if you have a bone stock motor and the only reason you bought it is to look cool, and have some blinking lights, or to have people ask you how you made your car shut off by it self... then no it's a waste, especially if it's clear pink.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, i guess if it wasn't pink, i'd say keep it... It's definitely not a BAD idea, even for NA.
Old 07-24-2007, 05:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (CALC!_JUST_du_IT!)

well, thanks everybody. I may post this up in the classifieds soon. I dont need it, and its ugly. thanks!!!
Old 07-24-2007, 05:51 PM

haha...gl with selling it
Old 07-24-2007, 05:58 PM

Default Re: (p00n)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by p00n &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Turbo Timer is just a name... it doesn't matter if you are FI or NA if you go run your car hard you don't just come home and shut it off, unless of course you want the life of your engine to shortened. This is basically allowing you to leave your car running for a preset amount of time, with out having to be in it. Now, on the other hand, if you have a bone stock motor and the only reason you bought it is to look cool, and have some blinking lights, or to have people ask you how you made your car shut off by it self... then no it's a waste, especially if it's clear pink.</TD></TR></TABLE>

a turbo timer has nothing to do with the life of the engine its about the life of the turbo anyone who would recommend one for a n/a car is a moron
Old 07-24-2007, 09:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ill buy it for 15 bucks
Old 07-24-2007, 09:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (mycarslow)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mycarslow &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ill buy it for 15 bucks </TD></TR></TABLE>

Why? Your car is slow
Old 07-24-2007, 10:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

A turbo timer allows your car to continue running for a pre-set amount of time after you've turned the ignition off. If you drive your car hard and allow it to heat up and turn it off before it has cooled it will indeed shorten the life of your engine. The "turbo timer" allows your car to cool down while you go about your business then turns your car off.

Saying it doesn't do anything is not true.

Basic example, you drive the crap out of your car heating it up. In turn your oil heats up. You arrive at your destination and turn your car off. The car doesn't cool down, oil stops circulating in your engine and oil cakes up. It's called engine sludge. A "turbo timer" allows it to cool down and maintain oil circulation minimizing oil sludge buildup.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:38 PM

Default Re: (starion88esir)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by starion88esir &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">A turbo timer allows your car to continue running for a pre-set amount of time after you've turned the ignition off. If you drive your car hard and allow it to heat up and turn it off before it has cooled it will indeed shorten the life of your engine. The "turbo timer" allows your car to cool down while you go about your business then turns your car off.

Saying it doesn't do anything is not true.

Basic example, you drive the crap out of your car heating it up. In turn your oil heats up. You arrive at your destination and turn your car off. The car doesn't cool down, oil stops circulating in your engine and oil cakes up. It's called engine sludge. A "turbo timer" allows it to cool down and maintain oil circulation minimizing oil sludge buildup. </TD></TR></TABLE>

you don't know what its for.. it does run the engine for a certain time but its not to cool down the engine its to let the oil lubricate the bearing in a turbo thats still spinning at 80,000 rpm so it doesn,t burn up what little oil is left in it when the engine is shut off...give it up there is absolutely no use N/A
Old 07-24-2007, 10:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Having owned four Starions (2.6L turbo) and currently maintaining my girl's GTI (1.8T) I believe I would fully understand what a turbo timer is used for. My point, if you read what I typed, would be that even though it is not it's "intended purpose" it can still be beneficial to the engine.

Quick Reply: hokay, I have this turbo timer on a completely NA motor.....